Capture the Flag Dillon Panthers Concept

Ben Schwartz

What's with the parentheses? Why would a jersey have to explicitly spell out the name of the game that it's for?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bring Back the Vet - The parenthesis are a design element. Idk if you have seen many school rec leagues but they often spell out the sport right on the shirt/jersey. I know that for the colleges I've seen intramural sports in, it's always fully on the shirt "Men's Intramural Softball", "Intramural Footall", etc.

The Fixer - Dude I know that do you think I'm an idiot. Why would that matter if I'm making a concept.

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

Well that's like saying "I'm going to design the soccer jerseys for tc Williams high school from remember the titans"

it makes really no sense. And you have to take that into account for concepts. It's not just the design.

Man. Come on.

It's a fun thing. Who cares whether it's a real school. I'll post a real school later in the week.

walt.png

Well that's like saying "I'm going to design the soccer jerseys for tc Williams high school from remember the titans"

it makes really no sense. And you have to take that into account for concepts. It's not just the design.

Sorry but I gotta agree with OP here, about 90% (probably more) of the logos done on this site are done purely for fun or to learn new skills. I mean seriously of the thousands of concepts I've seen in here (in under a year of being a member) how many have actually been adopted by anyone? For anything? Never mind by the team they were actually created for?

Are you honestly saying that someone's time would be better spent designing Packers or Cowboys concepts just because they're real teams? Sure they exist but they've hardly changed their kits since the 60's so what chance is there that someone's new concept will ever be adopted? I'd suggest about the same as a fictional team playing capture the flag that's how much, thus theory rendering it perhaps a greater waste of time. If you know at the outset it's never gonna be used cos the team is fictional then that's not your end goal, you had some other purpose in mind as to why you started the project and as a result are probably far more likely to see returns on that. So if the outcome is the same, ie that the designs will be shared and feedback given but ultimately not much more, why the big deal that it's for a fictional team?

People have to design kits for teams portrayed in TV shows and in Movies, so why should they be off limits just because they're fictional? If anyone on here thinks they could do a better job, have at it I say, it's all fun, and lets be honest when you see the crap churned out for TV and Movie sports teams there are plenty people in here who could do far far better.

As far as I'm concerned merit wise this concept is absolutely no different to designing an identity package for someone's fantasy sports team, which happens all the time and seems to bother no one. Or is as valuable as the many "I've an idea for a concept but dont know what location, sport, name to use" threads that crop up every now and then. As long as the designs are sports related and provided the person has taken the time to make a decent go of the design itself where's the harm in it being for a fictional team?

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Sorry but I gotta agree with OP here, about 90% (probably more) of the logos done on this site are done purely for fun or to learn new skills. I mean seriously of the thousands of concepts I've seen in here (in under a year of being a member) how many have actually been adopted by anyone? For anything? Never mind by the team they were actually created for?

Are you honestly saying that someone's time would be better spent designing Packers or Cowboys concepts just because they're real teams? Sure they exist but they've hardly changed their kits since the 60's so what chance is there that someone's new concept will ever be adopted? I'd suggest about the same as a fictional team playing capture the flag that's how much, thus theory rendering it perhaps a greater waste of time. If you know at the outset it's never gonna be used cos the team is fictional then that's not your end goal, you had some other purpose in mind as to why you started the project and as a result are probably far more likely to see returns on that. So if the outcome is the same, ie that the designs will be shared and feedback given but ultimately not much more, why the big deal that it's for a fictional team?

People have to design kits for teams portrayed in TV shows and in Movies, so why should they be off limits just because they're fictional? If anyone on here thinks they could do a better job, have at it I say, it's all fun, and lets be honest when you see the crap churned out for TV and Movie sports teams there are plenty people in here who could do far far better.

As far as I'm concerned merit wise this concept is absolutely no different to designing an identity package for someone's fantasy sports team, which happens all the time and seems to bother no one. Or is as valuable as the many "I've an idea for a concept but dont know what location, sport, name to use" threads that crop up every now and then. As long as the designs are sports related and provided the person has taken the time to make a decent go of the design itself where's the harm in it being for a fictional team?

9erssteve

Thanks man that's really what I was trying to say but you articulated it much better.

-Ben

walt.png

Jesus Christ! I can have an opinion! Lay off! I dont think it makes sense, don't post it if you freak out at cc.

Keep a look out for my Future concept: ping pong uniforms for hogwarts school for witchcraft and wizardry!

It's not that I can't handle your opinion, it's just that your opinion goes against most of what goes on here (and concepts in general). Everyone is making fake things, that's why they are concepts. Whether it's a fantasy team, fantasy school, or made up uniforms and logos for a real team, there's no difference - it's all not real. Go ahead and make your ping pong unis, I'm sure it would be funny/interesting for a concept, lol.

walt.png

Jesus Christ! I can have an opinion! Lay off! I dont think it makes sense, don't post it if you freak out at cc.

Keep a look out for my Future concept: ping pong uniforms for hogwarts school for witchcraft and wizardry!

And your opinion offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism towards this concept. Since you went out of your way to go off topic with your commentary, you earned the anger from people defending this.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'll await it with baited breath, and offer all the constructive criticism I can when you post it.

9erssteve.

9ersstevesig.png

You should totally do that. I'd love to see a Gryffindor ping pong uni.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I'm inspired right now to make football uniforms for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Syltherin.

As for the concept: are pants optional? Just kidding. I think the transition from the front stripes to the wraparound on the back is a bit awkward.

I'm inspired right now to make football uniforms for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Syltherin.

As for the concept: are pants optional? Just kidding. I think the transition from the front stripes to the wraparound on the back is a bit awkward.

Lol yeah I see what your saying, I'm working on a college one that is much more complete of a concept.

walt.png

I'm unsure why you decided to include a flag in this. I would have much rather seen an away jersey than a flag.

^^^ The friend I said gave me the idea for the concept.

Hi Jeff.

The college concept has all of that. It's obvious why I included the flag. It's capture the flag. Durr

walt.png

I'm a huge friday night lights fan (book and movie) but I just don't like the idea. ( for the record, if you've read the book- there's no way in hell they'd have a capture te flag team haha) I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm not saying it with spite.

Though I do like what you did with the template. I think you could make some amazing mainstream sports templates. There was a bengals an redskins concept a while Ago that I was absolutley amazed by and the template was gorgeous, and kinda looked like this one. Did youdo those concepts? I can't remember

I'm a huge friday night lights fan (book and movie) but I just don't like the idea. ( for the record, if you've read the book- there's no way in hell they'd have a capture te flag team haha) I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm not saying it with spite.

Though I do like what you did with the template. I think you could make some amazing mainstream sports templates. There was a bengals an redskins concept a while Ago that I was absolutley amazed by and the template was gorgeous, and kinda looked like this one. Did youdo those concepts? I can't remember

I didn't make those but I did make this one, I'm almost done with the college one and that has shorts and such also as part of the template.

Thanks!

Ben

walt.png

Archived