Brave-Bird's NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

I like the silver, black, red, white. The script and logo just seems a little... too simple.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd use that new rocket in the Navy/Red/Gold last image. Then just change the Navy to Black(or Graphite, oooooohh) and change the Gold to Silver. Perfect. Love the logo, even though it is simple. It just works.

awesome work on everything, but I think yellow at home for the lakers is better. I also think the pistons alt shuld be red with the same scrip. for the rockets, the upper right one with red/white/black looks better, but the others are good too

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Here we have the finished product. My most complete concept to date.

Houston Rockets Concept

-Houston's current identity, while feauturing a clever logo and sleek uniforms, is too abstract for my taste. I wanted to give them a more concrete identity. I finally settled on red, charcoal, and silver as a color scheme. Also, notice I did some detaling to the logo. The uniforms keep relatively the same feel as their current ones, while creating more of a "rocket feel", rather than a "peppermint" feel. I did not want to use an alternate, simply b/c it would be black. This is by far the most comprehensive and purely original piece of work I have done yet. Hope you enjoy!

Page1.png

Page2.png

Page3.png

The uniforms seem to be missing something, especially near the top. I don't really like how the collar looks right now, so I'd consider changing it while using the HR logo or the rocket to be placed just underneath the neck, sort of like the Mavs have with the placement of their star.

I really like this more recent update to the Rockets. Both scripts are very nice modernizations of their championship-era style. The rocket ship logo is a bit cartoonish, but that's okay with me. I do think the outlines on the type in the primary logo are getting to be a bit much. Around the white letters I count 4 consecutive outlines. I also really wish there was a way you could work a few more touches of yellow into the rest of the package. That little bit of yellow outlined by black really pops.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Here we have the finished product. My most complete concept to date.

Houston Rockets Concept

-Houston's current identity, while feauturing a clever logo and sleek uniforms, is too abstract for my taste. I wanted to give them a more concrete identity. I finally settled on red, charcoal, and silver as a color scheme. Also, notice I did some detaling to the logo. The uniforms keep relatively the same feel as their current ones, while creating more of a "rocket feel", rather than a "peppermint" feel. I did not want to use an alternate, simply b/c it would be black. This is by far the most comprehensive and purely original piece of work I have done yet. Hope you enjoy!

Page1.png

Page2.png

Page3.png

i really like your rockets concept it looks amazing you should put some gold on the jerseys and make a gold alternate also now that would be tough

Thanks for the comments! Keep some comments for Houston coming.

Here is my start on Indiana. I want some feedback. I wanted to make sure at least one of the marks in my set for them was something that was only slightly deviated away from the "P" logo they use now. The concept behind this is that the basketball is replaced with a hupcap, and the elements are changed around a bit.

Specifically on my logo, it feels flat, but any detailing I did on the wheel forced me to use a second shade of grey, which looked off on the flat logo...and I didn't want to detail the whole P (hopefully that registers to all of you). I like it, but I want to see what you think.

It's actually, right now, intended to be a secondary.

For the primary I want to do a more detailed logo. Either a racecar theme, or a "ticked off" horse with racing wheels as his feet (that would be a) difficult, and B) probably too much). But, I want to see how yall feel on those ideas. Should I use the P as the primary, or go in one of my other directions...and if, which direction?

Thanks! Here is the tweaked P.

Page1-1.png

Archived