Colorado Ravage Identity Package

nitroseed

As for the other "tweaks"... GREAT stuff, nitro! I think that the subtle mountains in the background are a tremendous addition to the logo. Ditto for the slightly more aggressive vibe given off by the more "ruffled" coat.

I don't think he even did change the coat. IT's the same coat, no more ruffled from waht I can compare. He did change the neck of the wolverine and the front left paw but I don't think the coat was "ruffled".

I like the logo Nitro, good color scheme, works well. I think if you just made the head a bit bigger than it would look more proportional. It just looks a little off in this respect and I think that if it was larger than it would fix bs2282's comment of "the head doesn't match the body".

Great wordmark tweaks. It is looking very sharp and the mountains were a great addition. I like the font you used and edits you made. Makes it seem very wild and it displays the look you should be going for. The colors also communicate this very well. Definite thumbs up!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here we go with version 3! I've enlarged the head, ruffled the fur on the tail, foreshortened the back leg a bit, raised and pushed back the front leg to give him some leverage so he's not floating... and I think that's all. Here's the new version:

ravage3.gif

OK, you still havent done anythign to the paw for my taste. It still looks liek it is hanging out of the Bathtub. It look slike it is dangiling over the side of the word mark, hoving in the air.

I can't describe it in words, so here is an image to tell you what I mean.

paw.gif

Nitro, I love your stuff, and this one keeps getting better, but this paw seems very wacked to me.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

NOW i love it!

rock on!

it amazes me what you can do in one evening. I have been doing my octopi logo for two days, and at this point, i still just have a purple ink blot. But its a purple ink blot with very specifically placed arms!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yet another relic to worship at the alter of Nitroseed.

I'll never be that good... God Bless...

Well since King said that, I might as well break out my Thinking, Working, and Expecting the Best Speech.

THINKING, WORKING, and EXPECTING THE BEST

To achieve your goal, you must first expect to succeed. The goal must be set high enough so that the effort put forth in reaching the goal will also be a measure of your success, regardless of the outcome.

There are many keys to becoming a successful person and a good work ethic is only part of what is needed to achieve your goal. You must also be willing to work hard and constantly strive to do better by expecting that your best is also achievable. If you set a goal that is too easy then what pride is there in the accomplishment of it? The goal you set should be high enough to be an accomplishment when reached, but not so high or impossible that failure is certain. If you are going to set small goals, use them as stepping stones to reach your greater overall goal. Try to improve your weak points, because you are only as strong as your weakest link.

Instead of procrastinating, go out and do something productive that will actually get you somewhere. If you aren't good at something, work on that instead of working on something you're already good at. It will also help you establish good work habits for the rest of your life.

Hard work is another key to achieving your goal. If you go out and say you want to be the best, you need to back it up by going out and working extremely hard. As the saying goes, "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?"

In a society where mediocrity is accepted, strive to do better and it will build your character. Dedicate yourself to everything you do and don't reach for a goal half-heartedly. Your lack of interest will show and only end in frustration. You may take some bumps and bruises along your way to success, but the reward is much greater when the journey is difficult.

Adversity is part of the process, and if you never get knocked down, how are your going to know how to get back up? I know this from personal experience as I got very sick two years ago and lost a lot of weight. I had to go to the hospital and had many tests done before I was correctly diagnosed and got the right medical treatment. At that time, I wasn?t even allowed to participate in gym class because I was so sick. It took almost two years to regain all the weight that I had lost and to rebuild my strength, but with a lot of hard work, I was able to play competitive baseball and basketball again.

The most successful athletes are committed to thinking, working, and expecting the best and dedicate themselves to their sport. Even the best athletes are constantly striving to get better. Larry Bird used to shoot at a park all day and then just as he was starting to head home, he would go back because he thought to himself that somebody, somewhere is trying to get better than me. He carried that work ethic into the National Basketball Association, he was always the first one in, working on his game before practice, and he was always the last one to leave after practice. Even though he was an NBA All Star, he continued to work hard to achieve his goals.

The most important element for success in achieving your goal is your attitude. You must expect to succeed if you are going to meet your goal. Expecting to do well is also a part of performing your best. Your attitude determines how far you will go. If you reach for a goal, with a positive attitude and believe that you can succeed, then you have a better chance of doing well, than if you believe that you are going to fail. If you have a good attitude, you can do anything. The more you practice believing in yourself, the more confident you will become and success will likely follow, too.

Thinking, working, and expecting the best can only help you succeed in life. Life may put you down, but if you keep pushing you will eventually succeed. As Rick Pitino, the Louisville Cardinal head basketball coach said, "Success is not a lucky break. It is not a divine right. It is not an accident of birth. Success is a choice."

And success is the one choice you have to make.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Fuse... can i buy some pot from you?

Don't have any, sorry for wasting anybodies time on that, but I'm on Spring Break with time to kill. I had to right it for a Optimist Club Contest, I took 2nd so I figured I might as well use it again. So, when you said that I figured what the heck, might as well post it.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

One more minor tweak I just added... I took out the dark claw marks in the wordmark and replaced them with the lighter burnt orange color. What this does, I feel, is maintains the integrity of the letters' shapes and makes it more legible at smaller sizes. Here ya go: Version 5!

ravage5.gif

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're scum!

Amazing work. The tweaks make it work. And now I'm seeing more of why you tilted the wordmark like that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey hey! There it is! Only think that could make it better might be a wee bit of darker brown under the chin (face is relatively devoid of the depth that the rest of the body gains from that nice darker brown).

Otherwise, it's simply extraordinary.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

A family guy quote. well placed too. i hate to say lol, but i was laughing my ass at that one.

and wow?*) to that post too...

family guy, fricking hilarious. required watchign for everyone in class here.

heres another gem from peter...

Peter: Since when did they change the meaning of for, to from?

Brian: They had a meeting about it last night when you were gone.

P: Why wasnt i invited?

B: Well they sent you an invitation and it said for peter, but you must of thought it was from peter...oh never mind, its just easier calling you stupid.

oh yah. nitro, the logo is friggin sweet.

I see the necessary tweaks have been made, so i bid this thread, ado.

But since i cant leave it that pointless, i will say that my color instincts are telling me this is a home run, love the use of the lightblue silver, one of my favorite colors for that kinda work. All in all a bad ass piece of designing maam.

A family guy quote. well placed too. i hate to say lol, but i was laughing my ass at that one.

and wow?*) to that post too...

family guy, fricking hilarious. required watchign for everyone in class here.

heres another gem from peter...

Peter: Since when did they change the meaning of for, to from?

Brian: They had a meeting about it last night when you were gone.

P: Why wasnt i invited?

B: Well they sent you an invitation and it said for peter, but you must of thought it was from peter...oh never mind, its just easier calling you stupid.

Family Guy is forever the best show on telelvision. There's a problem, though. For some unexplained reason, Cartoon Network has changed its Adult Swim 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM schedule as follows:

OLD SCHEDULE:

11:00 PM- Family Guy

11:30 PM- Futurama

NEW SCHEDULE

11:00 PM- Futurama

11:30 PM- Family Guy

This may not seem like a major issue to y'all, but I generally like to watch Family Guy through, and then fall asleep watching Futurama. Boo on Cartoon Network for screwing up my sleeping habits!

Oh, and the real purpose of this thread. Nitroseed is an amazing person with talents unrivaled by common man. :notworthy:

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived