Paynomindbender - Olympic Logo Challenge

paynomind

Yeah I've heard through the grapevine that Denver is interested in getting the Winter Olympics since SLC has benefited so much!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zone! nice work, my man.. i like it...

Very cool use of AZ imagry. Awesome!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Alrighty, here's mine. Had a couple of ideas, using the Golden Gate Bridge as part of the flame, didn't work. So I went abstract a little. I tested this on CC and at first he saw the bridge with a golden sun rising but also a gymnast. So here's mine:

olympics.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Nice! Totally sweet, puckguy! Awesome.... very good symbolism. I love it!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That is impressive! Very much in the style of Sydney, with great symbolism. I like it a lot! Great job, Puckguy!

Forgot to mention... that logo reminds me of the City of Winnipeg's logo...

CityOfWinnipegLogo.gif

Never been too big of a fan of this logo... why couldn't we get something cooler... maybe with the Golden Boy or something... but noooo...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Alrighty, here's mine. Had a couple of ideas, using the Golden Gate Bridge as part of the flame, didn't work. So I went abstract a little. I tested this on CC and at first he saw the bridge with a golden sun rising but also a gymnast. So here's mine:

olympics.gif

reminds me alot of barcelona 1992.

1992S_emblem_m.gif

Alright I'm new here. So this is my first try at really making a logo. Don't be too harsh! ;) I decided to go with my hometown (Salt Lake City).

Alas, I'm not much for imagination - so I just used a simple concept that seems to work well with the city.

slsummergames1.gif

Alright a little background of the logo. Of course the main thing in it is the mountains. Why? Well because Salt Lake City is known for its mountains (hence why it won the 2002 Winter Olympics). The two main mountain colors are taken from the blue and gold rings from the Olympic rings.

Above the mountain is a red sun (again a color from a ring) - of course since this is the summer games ya' have to have a sun. ;) The flame is made from the goldish yellow again, and finally the green swath below the mountain represents the lush Salt Lake Valley. Of course, green is another ring color. Salt Lake 2016 is written out in black, because of the final ring color.

I know it's not as good as ANY of the above posted, but I had fun making it. :)

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

olympic_chicago.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Sorry guys, I was out of town...

(Damn, pnm, you should have thought of that when you set the end date.)

I will start accumulating the entries for voting now.

(geez, you couldn't have started that before?)

I will post the voting thread as soon as I can.

(can you just add a poll to this thread?)

uhmm... can I just add a thread to this poll? I don't think i can, but I'll try. If not, the new thread will be posted shortly.

(don't call me shortly.)

ΓΔΒ!

Archived