Paynomindbender - Olympic Logo Challenge

paynomind

So, there's a bunch of symbolism in this logo. There's the keystone, for Pennsylvania, the Keystone State. There's the golden triangle, which is the confluence of the the three rivers in Pittsburgh. There's the "Pittsburgh" banner which symbolizes the many bridges in Pittsburgh. There's the flame itself with three colors and three points, symbolizing the three rivers, the Allegheny, the Manongehela, and the Ohio. The fire not only represents the olympic flame, but also the steel industry and the smelting plants which Pittsburgh was founded. And of course the whole thing is supposed to look like a torch cauldron.

Did you by chance work on the Oilers alternate oildrop logo? Or this year's anniversary logo?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Contest...I see a lot of people getting dibs on cities, any limit on entries per city, payno?

Limit on entries.. hmm.. i'd say no. It woudl be good to see several.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nj2012.gif

The factory & flame colors are from the New Joisey flag and the smoke is made up of the Olympic rings. The flame represents the Olympic flame as well as New Jersey's many beautiful oil refineries.

Pretty self-explanitory if you ask me.

That logo totally says NJ Waffles I can almost smell the toxic air, wait a second I am in NJ and taht actaully is toxic air oh well you get used to it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Quite the goodness ya got there J-Rod....

It's so good, I'm starting to hate it almost as much as I hate New Joisey.

Now THAT'S prime goodness.

Let's just pray that Joisey never gets the Olympics... nothing says Olympics like swamps, toxic air and three-eyed fish.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

New York's air is worse than Jersey's...

Brooklyn? You Kiddin' me? BK makes Jersey look like pristine, virgin land untouched by humans...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ah... Thank you for reminding me why I never want to visit the northeast again. I've been to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and that was bad enough. I can only imagine what the Big (Rotten) Apple is like.

Judging New York City based on Atlantic City and Philly because they're in the same basic vicinity is like judging Jimi Hendrix on William Hung and Creed because they're in the same industry.

And JQK, New York only smells bad because it's downwind from Joisey :P

I'm lovin' the Jersey logo. Very creative and self explanatory!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

And JQK, New York only smells bad because it's downwind from Joisey :P

You wish, Toughguy... ;)

Although i do miss my Jersey and my NYC.... the fuxking Poconos suck balls...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So, i spent my spare time for three days workign on a logo.. then I go looking at the page again, to see if i can pick up some ideas for some finishing touches, and apparently I'm doing a very close representation of an existing bid logo.

Back to the drawing board!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I know Tampa tried for the Olympics in 2012 and lost, but I created a logo of my own that i like

http://www.geocities.com/astrobull21/Tampa_2012_concept.JPG

I used a lightning bolt as a torch (since the Tampa Bay area is the lightning capital of the US) and the rising sun as the fire (since the Tampa Bay area is known as the Suncoast of Florida)

comments please...

OK, this isn't a top-level design, and I will be working on it and fixing it. Maybe even scrapping it and starting over. But, I wanted to add another entry to the mix here, early.

denver_olympic.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Archived