Davidson's Logo Design Tutorials: Results / Concepts / Feedback Thread

CDixonDesign

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well mine is nothing compared to everyone elses, but this was the first thing I have ever done in Inkscape, I haven't even gotten passed the introduction of GBMS videos. So hopefully I can watch more of those and get better at this, but I really wanted to give it a shot after seeind Davidson's tutorial. It's a little rough but I was happy with it for my first try at anything in Inkscape. It is Mark Ingram if you can't tell :P

HeismanLogo.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Yeah, JJSCOTT, I should have just went with Shoelace. Your Tom Harmon one is really nice too. And Spammy, I think someone has a crush... :P

Anyways, here is my attempt at the second part of the tutorial: Drawing one form scratch. I did the sketching part on paper though, because I am better that way. Same process though.

I started with a generic bald guy, eventually turned it into something that kind of resembles me, and then adapted it even more into our man CoCo.

DavidsonExercise2-01.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I finished up Clint, and tried out "generic-izing" him.

clint-3.png

I absolutely love this. I think what woulda made this more Eastwood and less Lincoln is the eyes. Clint has very squinty eyes, so I think if you made the eye areas thinner (more squinty) it would make it seem more like him. But regardless, very nice job on this.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Well, here is my first attempt. It is Denard Robinson of Michigan, and then my attempt at a generic man based on him.

DenardLogo-01.png

This is nice. Love the layout, using the TV number to read as text. In the face, though, some of your lines are too fine, and you need to block in some shadows where they belong. Under the nose is a big one. That's evident in the photo. In my experience, I think the eyes look better when the sockets are a little more blocked in as well. They are, after all, mostly in shadow.

He looks a little feminine as well. Maybe some harder edges instead of the swooping curves here and there?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here's my most simplified version i've done, without further adue, your very own Spammy:

FaceTutorial5.png

Love the style here. A little quirky.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived