The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

United still have 2 year rotation for the home kit. The away is new every year and the old away shirt becomes the alternate for the next season so really every kit is around for 2 years. This cycle was only broken with last years special blue shirt for the 40th anniversary as the alternate instead of, I believe, the black shirt.

Actually this season is the 3rd season in a row United have had a new home kit. This will become 4 next season when a new sponsorship deal pushes them to have a new one.

Actually, it isn't. United did change their kits this year to the chevron design on their shirts, but they kept their previous home kit (the plain red shirt, white shorts and black socks) for two years. The blank home kit on the website you provided was an one-off tribute kit for those who perished in the Munich Air Disaster. It was used during last year's Manchester Derby at Old Trafford.

As for next year, the sponsor will change but the shirt will not.

Actually my mistake. But next year will still be the 4th season in 5 that the have had a new home shirt.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

arsenalshirt1-600x449.jpg

Supposedly this is going to be the new Arsenal shirt. It's a "throwback" to the 1970-71 Gunners that won the Double. Not really confirmed that this is going to be the shirt, but I hope it will be. Arsenal hasn't looked 'right' for 2 years now.

Supposedly this is going to be the new Arsenal shirt. It's a "throwback" to the 1970-71 Gunners that won the Double. Not really confirmed that this is going to be the shirt, but I hope it will be. Arsenal hasn't looked 'right' for 2 years now.

oh let's f'ing hope so!!!!

nike screwed up arsenal's last kit...although it was a nice kit...it just wasnt arsenal...

i prayed the gunners would get something simple like this...and thank you thank you thank you nike!!!!

the long sleeve version of this throwback will look sweet with the red cuffs!!

wooooohooooooo

up the gunners

Footballshirtculture.com have a leak of the 2010-11 Spurs home shirt, the last of the current Puma contract. I quite like it actually. (Its lacking a sponsor as the current deal with Mansion ends at the end of the season).

Looks good...top notch.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That looks like a bad hack Photoshop job if ever I've seen one.

I doubt that'll be the ACTUAL shirt, but I'm pretty confident it's going to look like that. Footballshirtculture said it would look like the 71' uniform (including the away, which I've been hoping they'd do for a while - yellow top with blue shorts). I'd imagine they're going to look something like Man City's throwback-looking kits this year.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ah, we can only hope so. The current shirt is nice enough, but it just isn't "Arsenal."

Tampa Bay R... er, FC Tampa Bay:

69040870-d056c6a94023c5d46085ee9304669ecc.4b85664d-scaled.jpg

I was about to declare them classy, having seen a picture of a player wearing the home kit... but then I saw this image. What the hell's with the pee stain on the back?!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Tampa Bay R... er, FC Tampa Bay:

69040870-d056c6a94023c5d46085ee9304669ecc.4b85664d-scaled.jpg

I was about to declare them classy, having seen a picture of a player wearing the home kit... but then I saw this image. What the hell's with the pee stain on the back?!

I don't know, but it ruins the whole damn look. Wouldn't buy it, wouldn't wear it, wouldn't get near it. Then again, I guess that's to be expected from a franchise that didn't bother checking to see if their name was already trademarked before just going ahead and using it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Footballshirtculture.com have a leak of the 2010-11 Spurs home shirt, the last of the current Puma contract. I quite like it actually. (Its lacking a sponsor as the current deal with Mansion ends at the end of the season).

Wonder what they'll get to replace Mansion.

Bass beer? Virgin Airlines? British Rail? Smirnoff? The Sun? What other prominent red-and-white logos could we put on that shirt?

...from a franchise that didn't bother checking to see if their name was already trademarked before just going ahead and using it.

That's not entirely true. Apparently there was some funny business behind someone selling the name rights to the club when they may or may not have had rights to it to begin with.

Of course, I don't understand the current wave of NASL regurgitation, myself.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Any word on whether the sponsor contract will carry over to MLS, or is it a one-and-done?

No confirmation, but I imagine the PGE remodel will be "green", using SolarWorld materials. Seems like a bad idea for a company to sign a one and done the year before the team gets its bump.

here's the article: http://www.portlandtimbers.com/newsroom/headlines/index.html?article_id=1544

Archived