XLV Concept

JQK

The wedge is lined up. If i tried to make it flush with the bottom of the XLV, it would be noticably on the left, and not look well.

And i know the ACTUAL logo will be coming out soon, tohasbo. I was just posting a drawing. Calm yourself.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This logo would have worked well for the first five Super Bowls or so, but for quite a long time now, the actual Super Bowl logo has tried to work either the home state or city into the logo. I think that's what your concept is missing... Something that can show that the Super Bowl will be played in Arlington. When you look at some of the past Super Bowl logos (#42, for example), it's quite obvious what state it was played in.

This logo would have worked well for the first five Super Bowls or so, but for quite a long time now, the actual Super Bowl logo has tried to work either the home state or city into the logo. I think that's what your concept is missing... Something that can show that the Super Bowl will be played in Arlington. When you look at some of the past Super Bowl logos (#42, for example), it's quite obvious what state it was played in.

I think, 42 aside, they've gotten away from having location-specific logos. XLIII was Tampa, XLI and XLIV are Miami. Just by looking at the logo, could you tell? I'm going with the Cowboys colors, in the thinking that if they aren't going incorperate portions of the host location into the logo, maybe hints with the host team's color scheme is the new trend (the last two Miami SB's had a significant amount of orange and blue in them)

sB9ijEj.png

The update is much better than the first one. I'm a little bothered that the only red in it is that one lonely star. I know that they've been doing this recently to represent the AFC, but I think it looks odd to just have this one little red piece in the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The update is much better than the first one. I'm a little bothered that the only red in it is that one lonely star. I know that they've been doing this recently to represent the AFC, but I think it looks odd to just have this one little red piece in the logo.

Making the words "SUPER BOWL" red would help with that.

Good update. I agree that the conference stars should be larger, but I also think the football and ends of the ribbon could go smaller. This would place the focus more on "SUPER BOWL XLV". It's almost there.

Yea... when i stood back for a couple hours and then looked, i agree that the ribbon should be smaller. It seems with each successive update the "XLV" has shrunk in significance. Gotta change that.

sB9ijEj.png

shouldn't there be laces under the banner too?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived