Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL)

dagnis

A redesign concept.

Here's their current identity: http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2702

The main title on the logo reads as ATLANT which in Russian means the same thing as ATLAS in English.

Below that it reads Moscowskaya Oblast (Region of Moscow).

Drawing skills is my weak spot so I'd love to hear some drawing technique advices if you got any.

Here's the logo:

atlant_atlas_crested_brown.png

Below the logo it actually reads Moscovskaya Oblast, but I don't know if that's a typo or whatever. Anyway, I like the general design but I'm not sure what the Atlas guy is holding. It would make more sense to have a sort of earthy silhouette for him to hold because...well, that's the myth of Atlas. Pretty solid so far though.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

this is way better than their current logo. the bear head looks like a dog anyway. :) i'm not sure about the bellybutton here, though. :)

i saw your other proposals somewhere on the board. ak bars was definately wrong sticking to their old logo instead of using your work. the khl may try to compete with the nhl regarding salaries and talent, but as far as it goes for logos, most of them don't hold up to the promise of being a premium sports brand. well, at least in my opinion.

Great work here. Drawing skills don't appear to be a problem for you. Very nice human likeness. Get rid of the naval. Is that supposed to be a mountain of ice he's holding? Make it not as jagged. Real mountains don't look like that. Look at some reference photos.

Great start.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Below the logo it actually reads Moscovskaya Oblast, but I don't know if that's a typo or whatever. Anyway, I like the general design but I'm not sure what the Atlas guy is holding. It would make more sense to have a sort of earthy silhouette for him to hold because...well, that's the myth of Atlas. Pretty solid so far though.

The club's full name in Russian is ХК «Атлант» Московская область which, at least according to Google, does translate to HC Atlant Moscow Region.

I really like the blue gold color scheme as it looks better, IMO, and sticks with the club's current scheme.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The club's full name in Russian is ХК «Атлант» Московская область which, at least according to Google, does translate to HC Atlant Moscow Region.

I really like the blue gold color scheme as it looks better, IMO, and sticks with the club's current scheme.

I know that, but he did the phonetic translation and I was correcting him. It's not really important, though.

They don't really have that kind of icy mountains in Moscow Region (I already made the mistake of incorporating one in an earlier design) so the thing he's holding was supposed to be 'broken pieces of ice' but I've already noticed that a lot of people don't get that right away, so it might be the problem #1 with the logo.

I've been given several advices on what he could be holding, out which I liked an "icy-ball" the best. I guess I'll give it a try.

That belly button seems to bother people, too.

Some people also tend to have problems with the fact that he's bald, as well as his chins of a "concentration-camp-victim-of-WW2" and in general with the robust lines of the drawing. If anybody has an opinion on that, you're welcome!

I was wise enough to have a human reference before drawing (actually posed myself (well, and added quite some pounds of muscle)) so it resembles a human, but it's still a drawing of a drawing amateur.

I've noticed that (mostly native Russian speakers) also find the font choice not at it's top.

Sorry for the typo, I'm neither Russian nor English native speaker and I wouldn't know the difference between "w" an "v" in that word even knowing it was there. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

They don't really have that kind of icy mountains in Moscow Region (I already made the mistake of incorporating one in an earlier design) so the thing he's holding was supposed to be 'broken pieces of ice' but I've already noticed that a lot of people don't get that right away, so it might be the problem #1 with the logo.

I've been given several advices on what he could be holding, out which I liked an "icy-ball" the best. I guess I'll give it a try.

That belly button seems to bother people, too.

Some people also tend to have problems with the fact that he's bald, as well as his chins of a "concentration-camp-victim-of-WW2" and in general with the robust lines of the drawing. If anybody has an opinion on that, you're welcome!

I was wise enough to have a human reference before drawing (actually posed myself (well, and added quite some pounds of muscle)) so it resembles a human, but it's still a drawing of a drawing amateur.

I've noticed that (mostly native Russian speakers) also find the font choice not at it's top.

Sorry for the typo, I'm neither Russian nor English native speaker and I wouldn't know the difference between "w" an "v" in that word even knowing it was there. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

I think an icy ball would definitely be an improvement over the blocks of ice. I actually found no problem with the head and liked the fact that he sort of looked "chiseled" all the way around. With regards to the font, I thought it was fine but you may want to keep the smaller font consistent with the larger one. I know it's tough to find Russian fonts that work on English computers so it's really not that important.

Don't worry about the slip up on the one letter. It's not that big of a deal considering how much you got right.

first, i didn't have a problem with the character being bold. but on the second thought, isn't the image bold man with an athletic mascular body not very often associated with mr. clean? at least in germany they will pretty soon get the nickname mr.cleans. which kind of could go against the idea of a unique brand. :)

Archived