Florida State Seminoles

rentz

Really like it man, but the hair is throwing me off. It doesn't seem to flow as well as the rest of the logo and its throwing me off. Also, the jaw looks a little to drastically curved, maybe reduce it a bit and change those things, and it will look perfect.

Wow I really like it.

2 things that Stand out:

the red looks almost pink. I'm guessing because of the missing black and that it is next to white. Or maybe you just accidentally messed the colors

and i think the hair in the left needs to be left in the circle and not extend passed it. It seems more misshaped and stands out

more with that color than black.

Also maybe try a black stroke on the outside of everything

Wow I really like it.

2 things that Stand out:

the red looks almost pink. I'm guessing because of the missing black and that it is next to white. Or maybe you just accidentally messed the colors

and i think the hair in the left needs to be left in the circle and not extend passed it. It seems more misshaped and stands out

more with that color than black.

Also maybe try a black stroke on the outside of everything

That is the actual color I believe. It probably looks like that because there is no outline color, as you said.

One thing that has always bugged me about FSU's logo is the nose. It doesn't appear to have a Native American look to me. It seems their noses are more squared and steep rather than pointy. Try implementing that into your design.

Other than that, you've done a great job updating it.

i like it... the only thing that looks off is the back of the hear where the hair is. i understand thats what the current logo is like, but i think it would look better if it were just rounded.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

i like it... the only thing that looks off is the back of the hear where the hair is. i understand thats what the current logo is like, but i think it would look better if it were just rounded.

thank you. worded it better than i did. God, been very illiterate today.

I think you could improve your piece by incorporating more of the features that make the current logo great.

1. The way the current logo forms the silhouette of the face using only negative space in a circle of garnet is really nice. The lines could be cleaned up a bit in this area as well as the definition points of the cheeks and eye, but using a garnet outline to define the edge of the face is a downgrade.

2. I would love to see the 'Florida State' text incorporated back into the feather. Always loved that part of the logo, though your feather is really nice.

3. The logo doesn't have the same impact with garnet being the primary color as it does with black. The black really grounds that logo and gives it life. It looks anachronistic with garnet as the primary dark.

4. I would simplify some of your features (like the war paint) and check the anatomical points mentioned, like the unnaturally arching jaw.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Also, the color you used for the text at the top looks better on my monitor. Not so pink.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it needs black. I love the black uniforms FSU has and I think it's a color that fits with this team. I'm not talking about making it as prominent as the garnet and gold colors. But I think it would make the logo look better.

I think you could improve your piece by incorporating more of the features that make the current logo great.

1. The way the current logo forms the silhouette of the face using only negative space in a circle of garnet is really nice. The lines could be cleaned up a bit in this area as well as the definition points of the cheeks and eye, but using a garnet outline to define the edge of the face is a downgrade.

2. I would love to see the 'Florida State' text incorporated back into the feather. Always loved that part of the logo, though your feather is really nice.

3. The logo doesn't have the same impact with garnet being the primary color as it does with black. The black really grounds that logo and gives it life. It looks anachronistic with garnet as the primary dark.

4. I would simplify some of your features (like the war paint) and check the anatomical points mentioned, like the unnaturally arching jaw.

not arguing just offering my opinion on the same things because i didnt mention them earlier.

1. thats not really a primary thing to me when i see the other one. I barely notice. I think his works fine. but ya a few of the "sharp" angles could be made into curves and simplify the shape.

2.I personally don't like that. It pretty tough to read and I dont think it fits in well. and I think a straight up feather is a HUGE upgrade. Thought i did think it was clever the way they did it.

3.totally agree. said it earlier. but I also dont really want you to overflow it with black again. I don't really think "upgrading" would be using black. only if there was one way to not use black and make it look right. May using a black stroke on the outside

4.yep, see my #1

I really like this though and find myself opening this thread over and over again just to look at it. Im amazed at the changes. Would love to see some unis

Thanks for the comments.

To address some things-- the color issue basically arose because right before I saved and exported this, I decided to fiddle with the colors a bit. The computer I do my stuff on is inaccurate sometimes and I checked on another computer and it did end up a bit more pinkish than I wanted.

The hair was bugging me because it is just a large mass of color. Of course that's how it is in the original and I tried to change it but I couldn't figure out how to highlight it. The hair itself is ambiguous so highlighting it involves quite a bit of guesswork. It's something I need to work on some more.

Apparently, the man who modeled for the original logo was the Music Professor at FSU. He was not Native American. So it is understandable why this guy doesn't really look native american haha. But I see what you mean and I'm trying to tweak it so it looks a little better.

I removed black because I don't really like black when it's used in FSU's identity. I get the significance to the Seminole Tribe but aesthetically I like Garnet and Gold without black. I understand your points though about the logo and how black makes it stronger overall.

Here's the three directions I'm considering taking this in. Keep in mind this is still far from finished and I'm not happy with a lot of things, like the highlights and the facial abnormalities which will be fixed. I also might revisit the "FLORIDA STATE" feather which I tried but struggled with earlier. But I'd just like some feedback so I can figure out what would be the best option because I'm stuck. Number one is basically what I had, I flipped gold and garnet in the circle so that the face has the negative-space silhouette that andrew was talking about. The next two include black, one with an outline and one without.

seminole-1.png

The middle and right ones are amazing. They looks like the perfect modernization of the current one. Really good job!

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived