Super Bowl XLIV Field

JQK

It seems that if the "Official" wordmark included the City name, it was used in the Super Bowl end zone. "Seattle Seahawks" was used along with "Arizona Cardinals". I would imagine if Atlanta made it, their word mark would read as "Atlanta Falcons". I personally don not like that at all.

Oh, I see.

And I agree with you... Either every team should have its city name placed on the end zone, or none of the teams should. It's really unnecessary, though... I'm quite sure most people know where each NFL team hails from.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a question... What is the official ruling on when the Colts use the white version of their primary logo, as opposed to the blue version? I mean, I know they use the blue logo against a white or light-colored background and the white logo against a black or dark-colored background, but when it comes to the end zones and what not, is it confirmed we will be seeing the white horseshoe? Because various Colts merchandise seem to use either version of the logo, and I've always wondered what the standard is.

Seeing as how they used that logo in the endzone just three years ago, i think it's safe to assume that is what they will use.

I believe that the official ruling on that was that on a "Colt Blue" background, the white horseshoe is to be used, and on any other colored bakground, the blue horseshoe (with white outline on BG's other than white) is to be used.

I think... don't quote me on it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This is going to be a terrible super bowl they should just give Indy the trophy already

That's what people were saying about Super Bowl XLII. Remember how that turned out?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

This is going to be a terrible super bowl they should just give Indy the trophy already

Just like they should have just given the trophy to the '69 Colts, the '01 Rams, the '02 Raiders and the '07 Patriots.

Seeing as how they used that logo in the endzone just three years ago, i think it's safe to assume that is what they will use.

I believe that the official ruling on that was that on a "Colt Blue" background, the white horseshoe is to be used, and on any other colored bakground, the blue horseshoe (with white outline on BG's other than white) is to be used.

yea thats what i was going to say. sometimes you see a white outline on the blue shoe which bothers me, because the logo dosnt need it at all.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea thats what i was going to say. sometimes you see a white outline on the blue shoe which bothers me, because the logo dosnt need it at all.

Sometimes the plain blue of the logo gets lost even against a plain background, so it really doesn't hurt to have an additional white keyline just to make the logo itself more visible.

It won't happen, but I think the Saints' end zone would look cool with just FDLs going straight across it (maybe even getting cut off on the sides, like it's never ending).

The Colts' might look cool with just horseshoes too. Not as sure about that one as I am about the Saints'.

That... sounds awesome.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I never understood the appeal of the helmet end zones. I mean, the helmets are right there on the field - at least 90 of them. Seems kind of redundant. I'd prefer either my original idea, or at least just official logos and wordmarks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I beleive (hope) the Pro Bowl Art work might be kept to a minimum. I think I heard (yeah... REAL trustworthy) that they are only going to re-sod the endzones. I would assume the NFL Logo will be at the 50. Pro Bowl logos at the 25's. Maybe there are sod pieces cut to the Super Bowl logo outline, then dropped in. Just pinting over the Pro Bowl Logo will be sloppy. Can washable paint be used, or is it striclty made for faux surfaces?

I'm glad they are switching out the endzone sod. I remember clearly for the Fiesta Bowl, ARIZONA and CARDINALS was pretty visible under the colored endzones.

I prefer without the helmets also. I liked the racing stripes and banners for XL and XLI. They just needed to do them in team colors because the grey in the Steelers end zone looked rediculous. XLII is my favorite becuase my team won!!!

iq5b7nF.png

The idea struck me, that what if the endzones each had "Super Bowl" text, with the Conference logo on one side, the SP logo on the other, in red on what end, blue on the other, the NFL shield at midfield, and each teams logo, nearly as large as the NFL shield at each 25? That would look sweet...

Archived