Super Bowl XLIV Field

JQK

The idea struck me, that what if the endzones each had "Super Bowl" text, with the Conference logo on one side, the SP logo on the other, in red on what end, blue on the other, the NFL shield at midfield, and each teams logo, nearly as large as the NFL shield at each 25? That would look sweet...

I thought of something like that, but instead of "Super Bowl" text, it would read something like "X X V I I I" spaced out in each one. Obviously that could never work, because it'd look dumb with the shorter numbers, and they would only want to use official graphics, but it was a thought. I don't see the need for unbalanced end zones, so I'd be fine with your idea - but use logos, not helmets. Put them in circles if you have to, but I just hate helmets as official graphics.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw them painting the field on NFL Network, and they had yet to paint the gold, but the wordmark was in black, as was the Fleur-de-Lis. With that, i made the assumption that black was not going to be the base color for the Saints endzone, but rather gold was.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I saw them painting the field on NFL Network, and they had yet to paint the gold, but the wordmark was in black, as was the Fleur-de-Lis. With that, i made the assumption that black was not going to be the base color for the Saints endzone, but rather gold was.

Hopefully they put a white outline on the wordmark. It bothered me that they didn't use a white outline for the Bears in XLI. Also, I think black would have been a better choice for the endzone. Gold on the field always looks tan.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've got a question... What is the official ruling on when the Colts use the white version of their primary logo, as opposed to the blue version? I mean, I know they use the blue logo against a white or light-colored background and the white logo against a black or dark-colored background, but when it comes to the end zones and what not, is it confirmed we will be seeing the white horseshoe? Because various Colts merchandise seem to use either version of the logo, and I've always wondered what the standard is.

In short, use the plain blue logo on a white background. Use the plain white logo on a blue background. Use the blue logo with white keyline on all other dark backgrounds.

The Saints' logo includes a black keyline, and it never uses an additional white one around that outermost black line. Both the gold and black versions of the logo can be used on white, gold and black (dark) backgrounds, according to the style guide.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the stripes on the 20s as well as the 50.

I'm not sure the NFL would allow a logo to go over the spot from which would be the kickoff. Might have to be offset.

Having logos that are centered at the 25, and 10 yards on each side would be ridiculously big, even the NFL shield is less than 10 yards total width...so no problem there...

I've got a question... What is the official ruling on when the Colts use the white version of their primary logo, as opposed to the blue version? I mean, I know they use the blue logo against a white or light-colored background and the white logo against a black or dark-colored background, but when it comes to the end zones and what not, is it confirmed we will be seeing the white horseshoe? Because various Colts merchandise seem to use either version of the logo, and I've always wondered what the standard is.

In short, use the plain blue logo on a white background. Use the plain white logo on a blue background. Use the blue logo with white keyline on all other dark backgrounds.

Wait... so i was right about something? Wow...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think George Toma wanted to make it a better impression for the cameras is for the saints end zone background to be painted gold and make the field more brighter. I thought IMO it should be black

I'm guessing that they're using gold because it'll be the first time, and the Saints will be the only team using gold that they can do that with. SF would have (and has had) a red endzone, Jags would have teal, Rams would have blue.

i havent seen any pics of the SB field, but the Saints have "black on grass" at the superdome. wonder if it will be the same sunday?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived