Super Bowl XLV Logo

sonks

I actually kinda like it, but I hope it's not the real thing. I know the past SBs have used the host city's team theme in the past (XXXV comes to mind), but this is over the top. Not only a state flag, but an image that is very close to an actual NFL team logo. Can you imagine a Miami Super Bowl with dolphins all over the logo? A New Orleans one with a prominent fleur-de-lis? Me either.

newsig.jpg

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it says "Arlington" on it. I can't stand it when people say they play in Dallas.

Isn't the 2011 Super Bowl going to be referred to as a "North Texas" super bowl? Somewhat like the recent "South Florida" campaign vs "Miami" in recent years.

If they go the regional route, they'll probably say Dallas-Fort Worth. I'm not sure North Texas (or even Metroplex) has enough currency outside of Texas to make it work.

"North Texas" will be the location name they use.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

At least it says "Arlington" on it. I can't stand it when people say they play in Dallas.

Arlington Cowboys

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Orchard Park Bills

Glendale Cardinals

Anaheim Rams (1980-1994)

Miami Gardens Dolphins

At least the Pontiac Lions moved.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Ive seen it before as someones concept. Here is the link. http://www.skyscrape....php?p=41808922

Does anyone on here actually read the posts in the topic? People are still speculating on whether this is real or not. I gave you a link where the guy show ITS HIS CONCEPT!!!!!! Read it!

I hear you (!). This happens all the time on this board. Short Attention Span Theater.

:D

Ive seen it before as someones concept. Here is the link. http://www.skyscrape....php?p=41808922

Does anyone on here actually read the posts in the topic? People are still speculating on whether this is real or not. I gave you a link where the guy show ITS HIS CONCEPT!!!!!! Read it!

I hear you (!). This happens all the time on this board. Short Attention Span Theater.

Thanks LoL.

iq5b7nF.png

Thanks LoL.

I would imagine that the next Super Bowl logo won't be a shield logo anyway. There seems to have been a trend developing towards logos with more dimension like this year's Super Bowl. Some of them have worked really nicely, i.e. Super Bowl XLI's logo, but most of them have been a nightmare IMO...like this year's logo.

I would imagine that the next Super Bowl logo won't be a shield logo anyway. There seems to have been a trend developing towards logos with more dimension like this year's Super Bowl. Some of them have worked really nicely, i.e. Super Bowl XLI's logo, but most of them have been a nightmare IMO...like this year's logo.

The XLI logo was the worst of the 'new era.'

I did take a look in the back of the program today, and there is an ad for Super Bowl XLV, but alas, no logo. It simply says 'Super Bowl XLV' in the Endzone font and says 'Arlington' or 'North Texas' or something underneath, all superimposed over a photo of Cowboys Stadium. Maybe it's shown somewhere else, but I could only get a quick flip.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ive seen it before as someones concept. Here is the link. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=41808922

Also... 2-4-2011 is a Friday. I give his concept an F just for that.

Arlington Cowboys

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Orchard Park Bills

Glendale Cardinals

Anaheim Rams (1980-1994)

Miami Gardens Dolphins

-Dan

Forgot the

Foxborough Patriots

I'm sure that next year's Super Bowl logo will be much better than this year's.

sig-1.png

Ever notice how when threads like these come up, ColorWerx doesn't post in them? :)

The SB XLV logo has been available to the ultra, uber-secret society of logo afficianados since the summer (or perhaps even early spring). But under penalty of death, you won't hear anything from anyone until that SB program hits the public in a few days.

nav-logo.png

Arlington Cowboys

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Orchard Park Bills

Glendale Cardinals

Anaheim Rams (1980-1994)

Miami Gardens Dolphins

-Dan

Forgot the

Foxborough Patriots

Landover Redskins.

6uXNWAo.png

Arlington Cowboys

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Orchard Park Bills

Glendale Cardinals

Anaheim Rams (1980-1994)

Miami Gardens Dolphins

-Dan

Forgot the

Foxborough Patriots

Landover Redskins.

Well they used to be the Raljon Redskins.....

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Arlington Cowboys

New Jersey Jets

New Jersey Giants

Orchard Park Bills

Glendale Cardinals

Anaheim Rams (1980-1994)

Miami Gardens Dolphins

-Dan

Forgot the

Foxborough Patriots

Landover Redskins.

Well they used to be the Raljon Redskins.....

Richfield Cavaliers (1974-1994)

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Ever notice how when threads like these come up, ColorWerx doesn't post in them? :)

The SB XLV logo has been available to the ultra, uber-secret society of logo afficianados since the summer (or perhaps even early spring). But under penalty of death, you won't hear anything from anyone until that SB program hits the public in a few days.

Yeah, it's already been printed out on ColorWerx's desk, crumbled corners, a coffee ring, under a stack of post-it notes, for months now :lol:

I haven't seen it; it hasn't been officially unveiled yet.

(Or I've missed it if it has.)

Yeah, it's already been printed out on ColorWerx's desk, crumbled corners, a coffee ring, under a stack of post-it notes, for months now :lol:

Oh, there isn't ANY coffee of any kind in our household...my wife and I are part of the one percent of the Earth's population that finds coffee and all coffee-related products absolutely disgusting.

:P

I had a Super Bowl program in my hands today but I couldn't find the new logo, theres just way too many pages to dig through in a short period of time.

On a side note, I saw Colts jerseys with burnt orange and navy blue side stripes on them today. I take it those are just commemorative jerseys that won't actually be used in the game correct?

Archived