Super Bowl XLV Logo

sonks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "permanent core design" will have regional variations with each successive game. The stadium was obvious in this case.

Terrible, terrible idea. Each logo tells us something about the game - you can read location and era into most of the designs, especially more modern designs.

Even if the "permanent core design" wasn't garbage, which it is, this would still be a terrible idea.

The reveal comes at about the 8:30 mark. Deafening silence, indeed. Wow.

This is no surprise at all. Of course Jerry would do something douchey by making the stadium a part of the Super Bowl logo. And I find it to be quite fitting that there is 34097 shades of silver, ala the Cowboys. This is total crap! :angered::cursing::angered:

6uXNWAo.png

This article and a couple others I saw talk about a new style guide for a permanent super bowl logo template.

I really doubt it but does anyone know where you could find this style guide for this new permanent super bowl logo design?

Actually (and sadly), I can readily see it being used for at least the next several years... just wrap the stadium around the Lombardi Trophy graphic, switch up the roman numeral, and throw the game site underneath, and viola! SuperSuckitude.

nav-logo.png

ESPN says the NFL is changing the playoff logos as well as the two Championship trophies! This is crazy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4886793

It's part of Roger Goodell's placing his imprint on the league. Rozelle did it in too many ways to count, Tagliabue opted to be more of a caretaker, while Goodell fashions himself as an innovator, a commissioner for the 21st century.

Unforutnately what the end result will be is a devaluing of the Super Bowl, and potentially the NFL as a whole, as a brand. While I'm all for change in certain circumstances, making this big an overhaul all at once is probably a bad idea.

nav-logo.png

ESPN says the NFL is changing the playoff logos as well as the two Championship trophies! This is crazy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4886793

"There is a new logo for every Super Bowl, but starting with the 2011 Super Bowl the logo will basically remain the same. The only difference is that the stadium backdrop and the roman numerals for the game will change for every year thereafter."

Wow this really does suck. Up until now I've really looked forward to seeing how these things are gonna turn out each year. Even if they dont look that great. Its part of Superbowl week itself in a way. For designers at least.

Now thats gone for the forseeable future.

No more colour in the Superbowl logo either.

I'm not surprised the playoff logos are getting changed... Weren't they using the old NFL logo? I figure all that will change is just the NFL logo will be changed to the newer style... (Why didn't it get changed last season when the new logo debuted?)

If you're referring to the use of the term 'logo system,' the Super Bowl has used a logo system for years. It simply means the package of logos that are to be used on various media representing the game. For example, there will be a full color logo, a one-color logo, a logo with the location, a logo with the date, a logo with both, a style guide with various graphics and colors that designers are supposed to use to accent the logo, etc. You know, a 'logo system.' I don't think it will be a template logo incorporating the NFL shield and numerals that can be changed each year. That would surprise me. The NFL goes all-out for it's biggest event.

I stand corrected, I suppose. Very surprised and corrected. I don't hate it, but Super Bowl L is def. going to look funny using this template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not surprised the playoff logos are getting changed... Weren't they using the old NFL logo? I figure all that will change is just the NFL logo will be changed to the newer style... (Why didn't it get changed last season when the new logo debuted?)

They did change the playoff logos last year to use the new NFL shield. Colorwerks put them up here on the forum a little bit ago. I expect the new ones to match the new Superbowl logos to make everything more standard like then want.

This is no surprise at all. Of course Jerry would do something douchey by making the stadium a part of the Super Bowl logo. And I find it to be quite fitting that there is 34097 shades of silver, ala the Cowboys. This is total crap! :angered::cursing::angered:

Love it how Jerry Jones gets the blame ... this is the NFL's idea, not Jones'! Jeeez, take a deep breath, will ya?!!

The patch is going to look horrible on the two teams next year no matter who it is!

My guess is that starting next year, both teams will simply wear a Lombardi Trophy patch on the jersey. It will be similar to what the NBA does in the finals with the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

I'm not surprised the NFL would use a standard template for the Super Bowl but I am surprised that they would use this one. It's entirely too vertical to be used in some small applications and the lack of regional colors used in previous logos is a serious downgrade, in my opinion. And, the quote from the guy in the article talking about 45 seemed to be natural place to start with this is pure BS. Super Bowl 50 would be the natural place to introduce a standard template and start using Arabic numbers instead of Roman numerals.

Archived