NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

All right, so I've had Davidson's amazing Pro Combat template on my hard drive for a long time but haven't gotten around to using it yet. So I decided to start a series with NFL teams using the Pro Combats. I'll try to be creative and traditional with all of the uniforms.

My first ones are tributes to two of my favorite NFL uniforms of all time - the Bears and Steelers 1994 75th anniversary throwbacks. These would be sparingly used as alternates and are modernized to look good on the field today while still keeping the spirit of the old ones alive.

Bears:

bearsalt.png

On the 1994 throwback, the numbers were in the left corner, but there was a lot of empty space in the middle. I decided to move the numbers to the center of the uniform to solve that problem. The pants were white on the 1994 uniform, but I changed them to yellow here because I thought it added some much-needed consistency. The collar slogan would be "DA BEARS."

Steelers:

steelersalt.png

On the 1994 throwback, the Pittsburgh crest was used in the center of the uniform. I replaced it with the Steelers' logo because that is more recognizable and marketable. I also added the Steelers' logo to the helmet. The collar slogan would be "BLITZBURGH."

So what does everyone think? Should I continue this series or just drop it now?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the design is off centered, and the top stripe goes through the undershirt sleeve. Keep working on it

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Get your perspective right first. Right now you have it looking as if the template is two-dimensional. The "arrow" or whatever you wanna call it should be directly below the collar. Also, as it has been mentioned one side goes through the sleeve cuff while the other goes somewhat around the shoulder. Work on the perspective first before throwing out crazy designs like these. I like the originality here though...

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Why is the Bears one yellow and royal blue? Shouldn't it be orange and navy blue?

Especially considering the color combo he's using here is closer to what the Packers used at the time. I don't think the Bears have ever worn yellow.

Steelers logo on chest = lolwut? This isn't hockey....and why did you use the same awful vertically striped template on both of these? Shouldn't a throwback design be, well, classic looking?

I see what he's tryin to do here. These are actually super old designs from the early early days of both teams. You can actually use a version of the Steelers set in Madden '10. They were even worn for a game in the 90's. So I see where he's comin from but I still don't like it. Pro Combats tend to be super futuristic so I'd stick with that.

Here's a Link to what looks to be the Bear's version (although it's labeled steeler's http://media.photobucket.com/image/steelers%20throwback%201993/tmit12/292354.jpg )

Steelers logo on chest = lolwut? This isn't hockey....and why did you use the same awful vertically striped template on both of these? Shouldn't a throwback design be, well, classic looking?

in addition to the Steelers pic, here's the one for the Bears. I'd say there's nothing wrong with using that template, and it is "classic" looking.

2mqkhdz.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Where the hell do you see purple and teal??

Facemask and helmet.

The helmet is supposed to be navy blue.

I was going to make the facemask yellow to match the uniform, but I guess I forgot - huge oversight on my part.

As for the Bears' uni, the only action shot of it clearly shows that it is in navy and yellow, not navy and orange.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

actually, the action shot I posted shows orange, and my eyes saw orange when I watched them play in it back in '94.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived