NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On our right side the top stripe stops at a seam, yet on the left it goes onto the sleeve, I think you need to rethink that stripe. :therock:

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

make the bear head a little smaller. Maybe try the number with just a navy outline. I think it would look better, but maybe it wouldn't - would have to see it.

The gradients are really cool here, definitely in the spirit of the pro-combat line.

Maybe want to lose the Nike logo, and make the socks more NFL-ish, since even though this is a Nike pro-combat concept, it's nice to envision what it would actually look like if put into production.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 1994 Bears' throwback looks navy and orange in all the pictures I've seen, but SSUR says they were navy and gold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Digging it, except the socks. NFL requires that the entire calf be covered. Usually with white on the bottom half, though they make exceptions for throwbacks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just don't think Nike would let one of there jerseys go without the logo. They tend to put on everything possible.

However, the NFL is anal about where jerseymakers can put their logo, so it would either be on the side of the uniform above the armhole or possibly on the back of the jersey - never on the front. Starter, Nike, Puma, and now Reebok have all had to follow these rules for many, many years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, I think something else needs to go on the jersey, and I can't think of anything else, so I vote to keep the bear head.

Here's the thing though - how would this look with number 88 on it? Would too much of the design be lost behind a double number?

Take it or leave it, but he outlined number simply doesn't fit the aesthetic of the old-time 'felt-strip' jersey you're emulating. I realize pro combat is modern in nature, but you've chosen to go the throwback route for the most part, as did many of the actual pro combat college teams, and your jersey will look better with one-color numbers and no logo, The outlined number competes with an already busy design (the orange panels), making the jersey look cluttered. The Bears themselves made this same mistake by using outlined numbers on their 1994 throwbacks (and using their current, round numbers instead of the more traditional block numbers that were used in the Bears' early days).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived