NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

I'm not trying to make a totally-faithful representation of the old felt uniforms though. It's supposed to be an homage, but a modernized ones. I just loved the striping patterns and still think they can look modern.

As for how it would look with two-digit numbers, a little bit more of the design might get lost, but considering that the numbers are pretty low on the jersey, the front striping would still be clearly visible.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recognized it right away as a bears fan ( I thought it was yellow to but I'm colorblind, but I knew the original colors were orange and blue so I don't know where I got lost)

but I don't think any team will go back to anything this far back in history. And it just doesn't please my eyes

but I don't think any team will go back to anything this far back in history.

Don't be so sure.

Anyway, Lights Out, I can see you're not trying to make a totally faithful representation of these uniforms; I'm not blind. What I can't see, is how adding clutter to it makes it look more modern. The gradient is enough to make this look modern. The logo and the outline on the number take away from what it's trying to accomplish. It's like putting whipped cream and sour gummy worms on your cheeseburger. Sure, each one of those things looks pretty good on its own. Mixed all together, though, it's a little too much, and people are definitely going to laugh at you.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Without the outline on the number, legibility would be an issue. Plus, without some sort of logo, it probably wouldn't be recognizable to most fans as a Bears uniform and definitely wouldn't sell well.

Both points here are not true. Furthermore, why all of a sudden does it matter that the jersey won't 'sell' if it doesn't have a Bears' logo? Is that what your merchandiser told you? Or maybe the league won't approve it without a team logo?

I get it. You think my ideas are trash and you're making excuses/looking for reasons to not try them out. You've taken everyone else's suggestions, implemented every one of them and posted the results, but good ol' Andy's ideas aren't good enough, as if to say, "I already know what will happen if I remove the logo and the numeral outline: my concept will look stupid. Now go away, because I only listen to feedback from other people." Welcome to the boards, though. Enjoy your stay and I'll leave your threads alone from now on. I don't really know what I'm talking about, I only do this for a living.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I get it. You think my ideas are trash and you're making excuses/looking for reasons to not try them out. You've taken everyone else's suggestions, implemented every one of them and posted the results, but good ol' Andy's ideas aren't good enough, as if to say, "I already know what will happen if I remove the logo and the numeral outline: my concept will look stupid. Now go away, because I only listen to feedback from other people."

You're completely delusional if you think I have a vendetta against you and your ideas just because I tried them, they didn't look good, and I didn't end up uploading them.

xLmjWVv.png

Buffalo Bills

I drew inspiration from the Jaguars concept jersey on this one. Obviously, the current Jaguars logo wouldn't have worked, but I noticed that the red line in the Bills logo could be extended similarly across the jersey, so this became a Bills concept. I also greatly simplified the colors used and the overall design.

bills1.png

What do you think?

xLmjWVv.png

am I the only one who sees teal facemasks on the Bears and Bills concepts?

No, I see em. I was just about to point it out.

I dunno, these are just too plain and look unfinished. You need TV numbers for one, and why not try adding stripes to the pants? all you really did is add the primary to the chest and throw some numbers on. C'mon, try and finish these.

Absolutely love the Buffalo on the front. It is mid-'90s Apex at it's finest. The wordmark is a little unnecessary - maybe try a version without it and move the numbers up?

Also I'd go with blue numbers, red side panel, and blue pants with red stripe. These colors look too much like Apex-era Patriots.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why are the numbers so far to the left (the guy's right)?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I'm still working on the Bills, but in honor of the Saints' historic Super Bowl victory last night, I quickly made a Saints home concept.

saints1.png

I greatly cut down the colors used to one shade of Old Gold and regular white and black. The Saints would begin wearing gold at home to celebrate their "golden season." I added a sublimated pattern of fleur-de-lises because if the Hornets can have a festive, crazy uniform, then the Saints can too. No pants stripes or side panels because I thought they would add to much visual clutter with the sublimated pattern. The number font and style is retained from the current set. The TV numbers would be on the sides of the "sleeves" above the arm - not visible in this template.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived