NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

Man you've went crazy with that gold on the Saints, but I kinda like it. Again, it looks too empty, finish the uniform. The sublimated Saints logos look pretty sweet, but I'd love to see how this would look if you used the Mardi Gras pattern the Hornets of the NBA used for their new alternates (I know there's a thread on it in the Sports Logos' section, check it out if you don't know what I mean).

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the numbers so far to the left (the guy's right)?

The guy is standing at an angle, so I moved everything over to the left in order to create a sense of perspective.

I know thats why you did it, but hes not at the much of an angle. Take for example your Saints concept, the left edge of the number is aligned with the left side of the bottom panel. The bottom panel is in the center of the shirt, so it would make sense if the number was centered with that. And it would also look more aligned if the number was tilted very slightly to the left considering the top of his body is tilting that way (his left shoulder is higher than his right).

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

but I'd love to see how this would look if you used the Mardi Gras pattern the Hornets of the NBA used for their new alternates (I know there's a thread on it in the Sports Logos' section, check it out if you don't know what I mean).

I don't have a picture of just the pattern up-close, so I can't really do that. I doubt the Saints would use the Hornets' uniform pattern anyway, LOL.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

...another Bills concept that I hate. It's messy like an awful NFLE uniform would be. I get what you tried, but it's not working for at all.

Honestly, I have no idea why people can't see that the Bills Home Alt uniform is nigh on perfect and doesn't need messing with. Our logo, however, could use a refresh - but nobody can make sense of how to update it in a cool way.

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

You have some interesting ideas. My 2 cents (or two rusted Lincolns as Bucco might say - anybody seen or heard from him lately?)

Bills

- No on the jersey logo. It's too Arena/NFLE/WFL/USFL/XFL...well, you get the picture.

- Side panels don't work well because in games, they instantly get misaligned and start looking goofy.

Saints

- There's a lot to like in the Saints concept...

- ...but not the gold jersey. Don't know why, it's a me thing I guess, but I just really don't like 'metal' color jerseys. Silver looks like dingy gray and gold...don't know, just doesn't work.

- Numbers aren't visible enough.

- Don't like the 'new Lions' helmet stripe.

- Pants desperately need stripes.

General

- These would look more like pro unis if they met the NFL's sock/stocking requirement. Short socks/bare leg = college.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

but the whole "nfle / afl / xfl / ... etc" thing is the Bills "thing" right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Nike trying to bring back the 1995 World League and CFL sublimated jersey Style??? it didn't really work back in the days, wish them luck this time.

But hey this time i'll be Nike who will made it (and everybody love nike) even if they sold you a 30$ uniforms 120$ B)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with another ProCombat concept, this time for the Cardinals. C Jay Z beat me to the punch on using the Arizona flag pattern (his on the back of the jersey), but this was done before that was posted.

cards1.png

I used the Arizona flag pattern with tweaked colors on the front because the Cardinals have a long history of using Arizona's flag as a second identity of sorts. It also creates a strong sense of uniqueness that their current uniform lacks. Other than that, I amped up the use of the lovely goldenrod color used on the beak in the logo to create much-needed contrast, and added a stripe to the helmet because the current stripeless helmet just looks plain. However, on my next revision, I think I might make the helmet either goldenrod or maroon because the white helmet looks a little out of place.

And again, I can't fix the length of the socks. Davidson would have to make a new template with NFL-regulation socks.

xLmjWVv.png

I dunno man, this looks pretty nice but it just doesn't say Cardinals to me, it doesn't look like the same team anymore. The number in the star is going to be extremely hard to read from a distance on the field, and adding the primary to the front makes it look too cluttered. You were right on when you said that the white helmet was out of place, because it is. By the way, your tv numbers are backwards.

Oops on the TV numbers. But the point wasn't to make the Cardinals look like the "same team," because the uniforms they have right now are butt ugly and a classic example of being not distinctly modern or classic enough. Also, I wanted to link back to the team's heritage - they did wear the Arizona flag on their uni sleeves for a long time.

EDIT:

cards2.png

Design and front number increased in size - hopefully legibility is better. TV numbers fixed. Helmet changed to red, helmet stripe changed to black/yellow/black.

xLmjWVv.png

I really don't think what the Cardinals wear right now is all that bad. It's pretty simple... Red and white. Your concept is interesting, but it's way too busy for a real NFL team. I also think that yellow and orange have too much presence. Red really should be the dominant color, with yellow and orange being accentual.

Quillz: They are busy, but that's what I was aiming for. After seeing colleges go crazy with the ProCombat template, I don't think it would be that much of a stretch for NFL teams to go even crazier. Also, orange is only present in the gradient for the starburst on the front of the jersey, and there's not supposed to be orange in that - I'll try to fix that later. As for yellow, the point of having so much is that I think it should be a main part of the color scheme. I might try reducing some of the yellow, though.

Davidson: Thanks! And yes, I will do the whole NFL, but not in order.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived