NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philadelphia Eagles

eagles1.png

The idea that immediately came to me on this one is to somehow work the wing into the jerseys, like the Iowa Hawkeyes did at one point on their jerseys back in the '90s. I decided to make the wing form the contours of a Jaguars-like wavy stripe that starts at the collar. It makes a nice neat space for the NFL Equipment badge, which is an added plus. I also used the Ravens' old numbers, as I felt they worked much better with the Eagles' identity than the Eagles' own numbers. Finally, you may notice a return to the kelly green and silver. I always liked those colors much better than midnight green, so I went with those colors.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think the wings would look better flanking the back number. That and I don't quite agree with the Ravens numerals. Pro Combat does work within a school's brand. For example: they didn't put Arizona's numbers on Florida. I would go with the current numbers, or something original that no other team has.

Now there's four wings... Eagles don't have four wings. Maybe just a feather pattern on the shoulders?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now there's four wings... Eagles don't have four wings. Maybe just a feather pattern on the shoulders?

Or feathers on the helmet if he is dead set on it for the jersey...the wings look a bit awkward on the helmet anyway with no real ending point in the center.... either way agreed that 4 wings doesn't work.

USMNT-1.png

Those are wings on the helmet? It's hard to tell. Agree they don't work on the jersey. One thing I think would look great on the real Eagles or this concept would be to enlarge the wings and sweep them around the helmet to they almost meet in the middle in the back. Just a thought.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That would work too, as long as they only touched just a bit (or not at all) otherwise it could create a "halo" effect when viewed from a distance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really not a fan of having a traditional helmet (single stripe, logo on side) on this uniform. I think wings need to go back on there, maybe in a more dramatic, wild, pro-combatish kind of way, but I understand you're set on putting them on the sleeves, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

Maybe a helmet that goes from green to gray (silver) in the light, with the Eagle logo "ghosted" in there (like Oregon's "flame" helmet). So from one angle, it's a green helmet. From another, it's gray. Then, from yet some other angle (but not straight on), you can see the logo in there.

The Eagles have had wings on their helmets since the '50s, and I just cannot imagine the franchise not having them there. It'd be like taking the horns off the Rams helmets or the pinstripes off the Yankees uniforms. You just can't do it.

I'd like to add I like how you recolored the primary logo, though. Replacing black entirely with kelly green works only because you went with the right hue of silver.

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying all of these concepts - especially the minor tweaks to each one. I know some in this thread have criticized you for putting up "unfinished" concepts, but I think it's fine to use the forum as a sounding board to create a collaborative work.

The concepts are, for the most part, way too busy to put into production - but that's okay. These unis are like concept cars at an auto show. If car companies can overload on the number of crazy/innovative ideas they put into a showpiece to generate conversation and elicit feedback, why can't we?

Keep on keepin' on.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bucs1.png

What do you think of when someone says "pirate"? Well, obviously, eyepatches and parrots first off - but then, stripes. Lots and lots of stripes. Striped bandanas with a skull and crossbones symbol, and striped shirts. Basically, I tried to create a pirate-like uniform. I made a striped helmet with skull-and-crossbones and a striped uniform. I used classic Florida Orange and the new Buccaneer Red with a touch of pewter as an accent color. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Okay hate to back the party up a bit, but am I the only one that thinks a real trick might have been missed with the Eagles shirt?

Check the shape of the seam that runs round the side of the jersey... if that's not an almost perfect match for the top of the Eagles wing logo I'll eat my keyboard!

I'm not saying it's gonna work or it'll look great but it's got to be worth investigating surely? Opportunities like that dont present themselves very often I'd certainly give it a go for tishs and giggles if no other reason. I think it has the potential to look quite effective, especially on player who line up in three point stances.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived