NFL ProCombat

Lights Out

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

bucs1.png

What do you think of when someone says "pirate"? Well, obviously, eyepatches and parrots first off - but then, stripes. Lots and lots of stripes. Striped bandanas with a skull and crossbones symbol, and striped shirts. Basically, I tried to create a pirate-like uniform. I made a striped helmet with skull-and-crossbones and a striped uniform. I used classic Florida Orange and the new Buccaneer Red with a touch of pewter as an accent color. Comments?

I really like the Pewter helmet and pants, open to what ever on the jersey... Cream sickle is okay but would rather see it w/ the "Bucco Bruce" logo...

Obviously there's no back view, but on the Bucs would there be a knot graphic on the back to make it seem like a bandana?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Definitely. Too bad there isn't a back, otherwise I would've done that.

Trevis: what do you mean by pewter helmet? It has Florida Orange and Buccaneer Red stripes, there's no pewter on the helmet. As for the Bucco Bruce logo, I was going to use it, but I figured it would only be usable with a major, Cardinals-esque makeover. I'm godawful at drawing - especially on the computer - so I would not be able to do that. Therefore, I elected instead to use the skull-and-crossbones from the current logo - recolored, natch - and to emulate this depiction of a pirate I found on Google.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Definitely. Too bad there isn't a back, otherwise I would've done that.

Trevis: what do you mean by pewter helmet? It has Florida Orange and Buccaneer Red stripes, there's no pewter on the helmet. As for the Bucco Bruce logo, I was going to use it, but I figured it would only be usable with a major, Cardinals-esque makeover. I'm godawful at drawing - especially on the computer - so I would not be able to do that. Therefore, I elected instead to use the skull-and-crossbones from the current logo - recolored, natch - and to emulate this depiction of a pirate I found on Google.

I'm not bashing your work or creativity at all my friend... Great looking comps, i'm just partial to the Pewter helmet/pants... GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagles4.png

Almost, I didn't do a great job of explaining where I meant. Check out the red lines on the image below and see what you think but like said I reckon there's something worth trying there. Might work, might not, but those two shapes while not identical are too close to pass up on if you ask me.

eagles_red.png

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Indianapolis Colts

colts.png

Easily my most radical NFL concept yet. I've always hated the Colts' unis as I find them ridiculously plain. I decided to see what would happen if they went in a modern direction. I used the abandoned 2001 alternate logo as the primary. The motif of the helmet, jersey, and pants stripes are based on the stripe on the colt's head in the logo. The pants are based on that spiky pattern at the bottom.

Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

2001 alternate logo? Was that genuinely a Colts attempt at an alternate logo?!? I coulda sworn someone in here posted that colts logo to the concept board about a year ago! I could be wrong, but I remember thinking it "needed work" to put it mildly, when I saw it then and if it was a genuine attempt by the Colts to create an alternate logo well all I can say is what the hell were they thinking?

If you ask me it was abandoned with VERY good reason and you'd be better served designing you own alternate logo than using that. I understand that the current set doesn't leave you a lot to use with regards logos etc for sublimation which has been the main motif in this project, but seriously I'd sooner use what they have now as plain as it is than use a "colt" that looks more like something you'd find in a episode of the X-files than on any farm I've ever been to.

9erssteve

PS, check the numbers on the right shoulder (his right) you've flipped 'em the wrong way.

9ersstevesig.png

Just so everybody is clear - I did NOT rip off anybody else's concept.

The one I used was actually considered by the Colts in 2001, and this logo is actually posted on the main site, but there is a far better quality version here.

As far as designing my own alternate logo, I'm absolutely horrible at drawing to begin with, but I don't even own a tablet or Illustrator/Inkscape. I therefore am severely limited when it comes to logos. I like the logo I used as it is, anyway, but I'm afraid making my own is out of the question at the moment.

Also, I didn't want to use the horseshoe logo as a primary because I wanted to COMPLETELY change the identity of the Colts, as I feel it's too boring to look classic OR modern.

xLmjWVv.png

Just so everybody is clear - I did NOT rip off anybody else's concept.

The one I used was actually considered by the Colts in 2001, and this logo is actually posted on the main site, but there is a far better quality version here.

As far as designing my own alternate logo, I'm absolutely horrible at drawing to begin with, but I don't even own a tablet or Illustrator/Inkscape. I therefore am severely limited when it comes to logos. I like the logo I used as it is, anyway, but I'm afraid making my own is out of the question at the moment.

Also, I didn't want to use the horseshoe logo as a primary because I wanted to COMPLETELY change the identity of the Colts, as I feel it's too boring to look classic OR modern.

OK whoa, to clarify I wasn't accusing you of ripping someone else off, I had no idea it was a genuine logo, but I did remember seeing the version dmhtfld has since reposted posted (think it must have been around this time last year actually as I joined around draft time 09) but couldn't for the life of me remember who'd done it and wondered if it was maybe you who'd created it, that was all I meant by saying I'd seen something similar on the boards, sorry for any confusion totally my bad.

Still stand by assessment that it's pretty fugly as far as logos go and while I can understand not wanting to use the horseshoe, I'd be going back to see if the colts have sued anything else in their history that's not quite so angular shall we say, if creating something of your own really isn't an option.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived