New Syracuse Basketball Uniforms?

gman010

It was posted on UniWatch that there are some new Syracuse basketball shorts floating around on eastbay. I am at work all day and the eastbay website is blocked here. Is there anyone out there willing to post pictures of these shorts on here for me and everyone to see? The links are found on today's blog at www.uniwatchblog.com

Thanks!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Nike went a little DOT crazy ...

(Sorry for the small images)

Syracuse:

17410555_l.jpg17410554_l.jpg

UCONN, Gonzaga, Georgetown too?:

17420122_l.jpg17420121_l.jpg

17410766_l.jpg17410765_l.jpg

17420166_l.jpg17420165_l.jpg

Those Georgetown shorts are exactly the same as they've been wearing all year except for the dot pattern on the sides. I'm guessing this is to promote some new product for Nike (new uniform material,new Pro Combat products, new shoe techology, etc.). I'd expect to start seeing these during the conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament.

EliteFit_College_Uniforms_SP10_0327_medium.jpg

EliteFit_College_Back_SP10_0113_medium.jpg

Paying tribute to the rich history of Syracuse basketball, Nike designers worked with the university to create a distinctive look for the Orange. Inspired in part by the iconic Carrier Dome, the Syracuse jerseys feature a rendition of the venue where some of the programs most memorable games have taken place.

The Syracuse Hall of Languages, one of the oldest buildings on campus, as well as the Syracuse Carnegie Library is featured in the design of the new jerseys. The establishment date of the university, 1870, helps complete the design.

Syracuse’s new uniforms incorporate several Nike innovations that were originally introduced in Beijing. The Hyper Elite uniforms take advantage of Nike Aerographics - an engineered mesh providing zoned cooling that reduces up to half the yarn, making the uniforms more lightweight and breathable.

Nike made specific adjustments to the jersey, eliminating 13 inches of material, while the use of Dri-FIT woven fabric in the short reduced its weight to make it Nike’s lightest ever.

(H/T Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician)

Blech. I can't get over the blue waistband.

They're in the new home uniforms right now against UConn. I have to say, I've done a 180° on the belt/waistband thing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think I like the way it breaks up the white. My big beef at this point is the missed opportunity to replace the reflector tape numbers.

UConn is wearing new unis too.

Only question is who the hell is that posing?

I forget his name, but I actually used to work with that guy. I did a total double take as I scrolled through. I think he said he used to play basketball for U of Portland. I worked with him in Portland, btw, which means he is close to the NIKE campus.

I feel like a total stalker/creeper for posting that, but its not everyday you realize you know a Nike model . . . . weird.

Pretty cool behind the scenes video, where we learn a couple things:

-the collar logo is supposed to represent their national championship?

-get a clear vector image of the back graphic (actually looks pretty sweet)

-they put 4 colored panels on the shorts (orange, blue, white, silver) on each side for the number "44" which is an iconic 'Cuse number

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

He's probably referring to Nike's "Elite School" program, in which the shield is given a silver outline, and the swoosh outlined in silver if the team Wins a national title, or makes it to the final four. I believe Villanova was added to the list after reaching last year's Final Four.

I think those shorts are super cool with the holes/mesh...

Here's the back of UConn's jersey for those who haven't seen:

EliteFit_College_Back_SP10_0424_medium.jpg

I like it, especially the old, more detailed, husky head.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The back graphic of UConn's uni:

Picture_5.png

Video, similar to the 'Cuse one posted above, about UConn's: http://soxanddawgs.com/2010/02/10/video-inspiration-behind-uconn-mens-nike-hyperelite-uniforms/

Kentucky's rear graphic (low quality):

IMG_0003-330x229.jpg

According to the UK Article that had that image, 8 schools will debut the Nike Hyper Elite, apparently that list includes Duke, who was already wearing them. In addition, Syracuse, Duke, UConn, Georgetown, Gonzaga, (according to image in the original post), and Texas so far. I believe Michigan State is included in this mix as well as the eigth team...

The back graphic of UConn's uni:

Picture_5.png

Video, similar to the 'Cuse one posted above, about UConn's: http://soxanddawgs.com/2010/02/10/video-inspiration-behind-uconn-mens-nike-hyperelite-uniforms/

Kentucky's rear graphic (low quality):

IMG_0003-330x229.jpg

According to the UK Article that had that image, 8 schools will debut the Nike Hyper Elite, apparently that list includes Duke, who was already wearing them. In addition, Syracuse, Duke, UConn, Georgetown, Gonzaga, (according to image in the original post), and Texas so far. I believe Michigan State is included in this mix as well as the eigth team...

According to Paul Lukas, St. John's and Miami are also on the list. Miami's can be seen here...Miami

UCONN art is sick! I love the incorporation of their title years '99 and '04. Sweet job.

Anyone wonder if we'll ever see this type of activity or design in the NBA?

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Archived