New Syracuse Basketball Uniforms?

gman010

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Syracuse uni is as uninspired and poor as their current one. They should look to the past for an little design inspiration...

1987-88%20Teamweb.jpg

Who is more inspirational than Derrick Coleman?

Speaking of inspiration, #30 is Derek Brower. He was listed at 6'9" 230. OK, this must have been his inspirational or "goal" weight.

Hi I know that this has nothing to do with this topic but do you guys know where i can find uniform templates for college basketball and college football. I know on the home page it has a few but does anyone know where to find them? Sorry that I interrupted this thread, I was just urgent to get this out.

EliteFit_College_Uniforms_SP10_0327_medium.jpg

EliteFit_College_Back_SP10_0113_medium.jpg

I like the new uniforms, but dammit, they had a perfect time to rectify my #1 problem with the uniforms: Silver numbers. I mean seriously, blech. White numbers with a silver outline would've been better. Maybe even blue numbers. But the silver is just all sorts of wrong, & I figured that with the next batch of uniforms that they'd fix that. I guess not. :(

I'm in the minority, but I *love* the grey numbers. The fact that it's not one of the traditional school colors (orange & blue) doesn't bother me, any more than the use of white in the word mark and trim would.

However, I prefer the block-stripe motif on the previous SOD unis. These rounded blocks don't work for me; and, I don't like the use of an orange block on orange shorts (I know the blue dot field in the background helps delineate the orange block, but still).

Not a fan of the four stripes on each side. The video on YouTube says that they're representing the "44" which is iconic to Syracuse sports. I know it is an iconic FOOTBALL number - but what's the carry over to basketball?

My other issue with these is the areographic is not on the whole back of the jersey, like the original ones (Duke, MSU, Zags, Memphis). I liked the bigger graphic more. I do think it's interesting that the graphic is also represented on the white portion of the arm sleeve though - it's a nice touch, and because of the arm movement by basketball players it's not like it will be hidden the whole game pressed up against the sides of the players.

We are one!

The graphic being only a small portion of the back doesn't bother me. It's so subtle, it's not really noticeable unless you look for it, and it would take away too much from the traditional aspects of the Uniforms. I'd rather not have the graphic at all than have something like the All Star Game jerseys...

Not a fan of the four stripes on each side. The video on YouTube says that they're representing the "44" which is iconic to Syracuse sports. I know it is an iconic FOOTBALL number - but what's the carry over to basketball?

Two of the influential members of Final Four teams have worn it Derrick Coleman '87 and John Wallace '96. So it does have some significance in the basketball world, albeit not as much as the football side.

Edit:

I also agree that the duck tape numbers should've been replaced. I've done a quick and dirt PS job on what they could/should have done. Then use orange with navy trim on the home whites.

sufront.jpgsuback.jpg

Nike's idea of "looking to the past" would probably be to make a pink and pea green jersey, which were the school colors in the 1870s.

Yes, but only the Super Mega Double-Secret Hyper Elite teams would get to wear the 1870s template.

stjhyper_1.png

stjhyper_2.png

stjhyper_3.png

stjhyper_4.png

stjhyper_5.png

stjhyper_6.png

Best pictures that I could find of the new St. John's uniforms. Here is the description:

University Inspiration

? Madison Square Garden?s iconic ceiling

? Clouds and lightning reference the Red Storm

? University?s 1870 establishment year

? University seal

? 5 stripes honor ?Wonder Five? who led program to prominence

? Chevron represents Lou Carnesecca?s ?lucky? sweater

Two of the influential members of Final Four teams have worn it Derrick Coleman '87 and John Wallace '96. So it does have some significance in the basketball world, albeit not as much as the football side.

Edit:

I also agree that the duck tape numbers should've been replaced. I've done a quick and dirt PS job on what they could/should have done. Then use orange with navy trim on the home whites.

sufront.jpgsuback.jpg

So simple, yet SO HARD for Nike to get right, at least when it comes to Syracuse.

I'm pretty sure that Duke did this also starting last year

duke-jerseys.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, Duke is not wearing HyperElites. Duke received the new SOD uniforms with Nike Aerographics last year at home vs. Wake. (other schools incuding Gonzaga, Memphis, and Michigan State got them shortly thereafter for the tournament and they are the same as the 2008 U.S. Olympic jerseys in performance specs). They are supposedly be 30-40% lighter than regular SOD, not the 70%, the HyperElites do not have the pattern on the entire back, have different necklines and are thinner, plus Duke doesn't have the holes in the shorts. Duke only wore the uniforms last year for Wake, FSU, @ Carolina & BC in the ACC Tournament's first round - they became full-time this year in home, road, and alternate black. I assume Duke will get the HyperElites either in a second wave in March or next year.

Edit:

sufront.jpgsuback.jpg

So simple, yet SO HARD for Nike to get right, at least when it comes to Syracuse.

Agreed.

Also, how many players actually NEED to wear those arm braces all the time? How many want to use them as a fashion accessory to look like Allen Iverson after his surgery? I see so many players with them now, but doubt all of them have a medical reason for wearing them.

87Redskins.png

UCONN art is sick! I love the incorporation of their title years '99 and '04. Sweet job.

Anyone wonder if we'll ever see this type of activity or design in the NBA?

The UConn jerseys are an upgrade from what they had prior. Good to see them removing that totally unnecessary horizontal line below the school name on the front. I just wish that the school would stop with the totally senseless use of red trim. The official school colors are navy and white....not red, white, and blue. The football team gets it right, why not basketball and some of the other sports? Its time for a collective uniform rebranding across all of their sports teams to get them all on the same page. Its way overdue.

The new Syracuse uni is as uninspired and poor as their current one. They should look to the past for an little design inspiration...

1987-88%20Teamweb.jpg

Who is more inspirational than Derrick Coleman?

how can you say the ones you posted are better? those are so plain and boring...plain white uniforms with Syracuse on them are not inspiring

Archived