New Pro Franchise Team Colors Updates

TruColor

OK...so I have been working hard at getting my new Team Colors format in place, and generating color swatch images for the site. Here is what has been uploaded so far:

SSUR.org - Pro Franchise Team Colors

...and, here is detail as to what leagues have been updated:

A few notes:

• I have decided to eliminate baseball road uniform colors from these reports...since the MLB has never standardized the exact colors(i.e., Pantone colors), it is difficult to say exactly what individual teams are actually wearing. However in certain cases, specific Pantone/PMS colors are being designated, and I do display them. For example, '80s-era Powder Blue road unis are included, as are more unique colors like the current San Diego Padres' Khaki road uniforms. I am in fact, continuing to track road uniform colors; I am just excluding them from the reports.
  • Along the lines of excluding certain colors, I am now also excluding football Gray helmet facemask colors. Same theory as the baseball road uniforms.
  • You might also notice that I am now providing the team colors in two different formats - both in the individual JPEG swatch images (that pop-up when you click on the links), and in a PDF document by Franchise Type (Franchise Colors, League Colors, Event records, etc.).

I will continue to update the remaining leagues over the next couple of months...

very cool...top notch across the board.

yet, i still think you need to do textile pdfs for at least the Major 4 leagues. i really enjoyed the NFL ones from before and would love to see the other leagues' textiles.

I could do that for the MLB, NFL, NBA, WNBA and D-League only...the NHL doesn't provide textile colors - at least from the stuff I've seen.

I can only see this in the .html form. I actually enjoy the .pdf form of the color updates more but that is just me...

Are you saying that you're not seeing the PDFs? They're in there...

NFL Europe:

Berlin: Metallic gold, orange, green (kelly/forest - halfway between), black, white

Rhein Fire: also wore red

Frankfurt: same PMS purple, red, orange as Federal Express (they were to be owned by Fred Smith of FedEx)

You realize that my color swatches come from the official Pantone colors, right?

All of the WLAF/NFLE colors use confirmed Pantone/PMS colors

I'd be glad to photograph my helmets and jerseys for you to color match.

If you're referring to the WLAF/NFLE teams; I'm good. All of my color swatches come from official color specs. No adjustments need to be made.

Thanks for the offer though.

very cool...top notch across the board.

yet, i still think you need to do textile pdfs for at least the Major 4 leagues. i really enjoyed the NFL ones from before and would love to see the other leagues' textiles.

I could do that for the MLB, NFL, NBA, WNBA and D-League only...the NHL doesn't provide textile colors - at least from the stuff I've seen.

that'd be great! any sort of textiles reference for those leagues would be much appreciated...

OK...so I have been working hard at getting my new Team Colors format in place, and generating color swatch images for the site. Here is what has been uploaded so far:

SSUR.org - Pro Franchise Team Colors

...and, here is detail as to what leagues have been updated:

A few notes:

• I have decided to eliminate baseball road uniform colors from these reports...since the MLB has never standardized the exact colors(i.e., Pantone colors), it is difficult to say exactly what individual teams are actually wearing. However in certain cases, specific Pantone/PMS colors are being designated, and I do display them. For example, '80s-era Powder Blue road unis are included, as are more unique colors like the current San Diego Padres' Khaki road uniforms. I am in fact, continuing to track road uniform colors; I am just excluding them from the reports.
  • Along the lines of excluding certain colors, I am now also excluding football Gray helmet facemask colors. Same theory as the baseball road uniforms.
  • You might also notice that I am now providing the team colors in two different formats - both in the individual JPEG swatch images (that pop-up when you click on the links), and in a PDF document by Franchise Type (Franchise Colors, League Colors, Event records, etc.).

I will continue to update the remaining leagues over the next couple of months...

According to Tim Brulia's "Pro Football Uniform History Project" on Paul Lukas' uniwatchblog.com the AAFC Miami Seahawks used Kelly Green in their color scheme for their first two home games. You didn't mention the Kelly Green for the Miami Seahawks. ? And the shade of Blue that the San Diego Chargers used was Air Force Blue as provided by their jersey supplier- Spanjian Sportswear of 535 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, CA 91103. And the Rochester Royals of the NBA used Red as a trim and lettering color from their inception in 1945 until they left Rochester for Cincinnati in 1957. My former employer (Ruby's Sporting Goods of Rochester-Rochester-area MacGregor, Russell, Powers, Spanjian and King-O'Shea dealer)outfitted the Royals in the 1940s and again from 1955-57. I've seen color photos of Royals players in their '55-'57 "Globetrotter-style" uniforms and there is definitely Red used on those uniforms. Please make appropriate corrections. Thank you.

According to Tim Brulia's "Pro Football Uniform History Project" on Paul Lukas' uniwatchblog.com the AAFC Miami Seahawks used Kelly Green in their color scheme for their first two home games. You didn't mention the Kelly Green for the Miami Seahawks. ? And the shade of Blue that the San Diego Chargers used was Air Force Blue as provided by their jersey supplier- Spanjian Sportswear of 535 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, CA 91103. And the Rochester Royals of the NBA used Red as a trim and lettering color from their inception in 1945 until they left Rochester for Cincinnati in 1957. My former employer (Ruby's Sporting Goods of Rochester-Rochester-area MacGregor, Russell, Powers, Spanjian and King-O'Shea dealer)outfitted the Royals in the 1940s and again from 1955-57. I've seen color photos of Royals players in their '55-'57 "Globetrotter-style" uniforms and there is definitely Red used on those uniforms. Please make appropriate corrections. Thank you.

I'll take a look at those and make the necessary changes. Thanks.

Archived