• Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers road unis are blander than

next year's Super Bowl logo.

They need the home and away championship years

uniforms full time

with no third.

Haiku?

I'm going to post exclusively in haiku for a day. Maybe not this day, but one day or another.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

uniforms full time

with no third.

Haiku?

Any similarities to Haiku are unintentional.

:grin:

I believe the Bruins are scheduled to wear the Winter Classics

2 more times, but I'm not sure when .

sig-1.png

uniforms full time

with no third.

Haiku?

Any similarities to Haku unintentional.

haku.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This report surfaced a bit before Christmas. Much of it has been rumoured here or already confirmed, like the Flyers' switch to the Winter Classic jersey.

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/nothingbutleafs/2009/12/13/leafs-to-alter-game-jerseys/

Leafs To Alter Game Jerseys

By HOWARD BERGER

TORONTO (Dec. 13) ? In the interests of marketing, the Maple Leafs will make slight alterations to their Reebok Edge jersey for next season; both the home/blue and road/white uniforms to be modified. When the Edge jerseys were introduced as part of a league-wide initiative with Reebok for the 2007-08 season, horizontal striping near the bottom of the jersey was eliminated for the first time, as was the ?TML? shoulder patch that adorned the uniform since 2000. A league merchandizing source has told me that both will be returned to the Leafs? jersey for 2010-11 ? either a single or double horizontal stripe, and a shoulder patch of origin that has yet to be revealed. The club had a miniature Leafs logo as a shoulder patch from 1992-2000, then the ?TML? design afterward.

The Leafs? third jersey ? a predominantly white replica of the mid-?60s road uniform, with blue shoulder piping and the old-style 35-point maple leaf on the front ? will remain in place, as it is both handsome in appearance and consistently marketable.

Other jersey notes, to this point, for next season:

BUFFALO is doing away with the so-called ?slug? logo on both its home/blue and road/white jerseys, presumably returning, full-time, to the club?s original ?cross-swords? logo, now in use on the throw-back third jersey.

PITTSBURGH will, somewhat unfortunately, retire its baby-blue third jersey ? a replica of the late-?60s/early?70s uniform ? that came into vogue for the New Year?s Day outdoor game at Buffalo?s Ralph Wilson Stadium in 2008. The Penguins will introduce a new third jersey before next season. The baby-blue design, once worn by the likes of Andy Bathgate, Les Binkley, Jean Pronovost, Bob Woytowich and Glen Sather, was among the best throw-back jerseys in the league, but has apparently run its course as a licensing product.

NASHVILLE is said to be making a significant alteration to its original design ? the dark-blue, gold, silver and white uniform it has worn since arriving in the NHL for the 1998-99 season [if the Predators find themselves in another city, the alteration could really be dramatic]. The Preds? third jersey from a few years ago ? a Dijon-mustard color ? was widely ridiculed, but I thought it was rather striking. Details of the club?s new jersey to follow.

PHILADELPHIA is changing its current road/white jersey and will reportedly adopt the design used for the up-coming Outdoor Classic on New Year?s Day, a game against the Boston Bruins at Fenway Park. It is virtually identical to the home uniform worn by the Flyers during their championship seasons in the mid-?70s, with orange piping on the exterior of the arm extending from shoulder to sleeve; large orange numbering on the back [outlined in black], and white-lettered name-plates on a black base.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS are apparently replacing their current white jersey, but no further details are yet available.

If this is true, i just pitched a tent.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to throw this out there - everything Berger says is true.

And some other fun info:

Nothing is changing with Edmonton, Ottawa or Vancouver

Detroit, Montreal and New Jersey will continue to exist without third jerseys (although another Original 6 team is going to add one).

Nashville is going to only have two jerseys.

Buffalo is only keeping one of their jerseys but will have a total of 3.

That's all I will say for now. I'm not adding anything new, just trying to support to, or refuting those comments in this thread that have some tangible support on my end.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

From what I've heard:

ANAHEIM - Are you ready for an orange jersey?

BUFFASLUGBUFFALO: The unofficial uniform for the University of California Santa Cruz Banana Slugs is no more

DALLAS - I keep hearing the Stars "road" jersey is discontinued and the third jersey is the permanent road.

EDMONTON - Either alteration of the current home and road uniforms or going back to the 80's style third jersey as the home and a complimentary road jersey.

MINNESOTA - The striped pants are gone. The team is discontinuing the wordmark that was unveiled before the official logo. Not sure if something else is replacing it. Doubtful that it will be the M in the jersey on the third jersey. The greens on everything will hopefully be all the same. As you can tell with the pants, they now have two different greens.

NY ISLANDERS - Team going with third jersey full time at home, a new road jersey coming to compliment it.

PHILADELPHIA - Going with the Winter Classic jerseys full time on the road.

PITTSBURGH - Are you ready for the gold version of their third jersey?

SAN JOSE - Rumor has it they will drop the front numbers as there will be no other teams with them on.

TORONTO - Adding stripes to the bottom of home and away jerseys. Rumor has it that a combo of 90's leaf alternate patch and 2000's TML patch.

VANCOUVER - Third jersey, new primary home jersey. At least road jersey crest changing, perhaps complimentary road jersey.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

And some other fun info:

Detroit, Montreal and New Jersey will continue to exist without third jerseys (although another Original 6 team is going to add one).

That's all I will say for now. I'm not adding anything new, just trying to support to, or refuting those comments in this thread that have some tangible support on my end.

If the bolded part is true, it's a damn shame.

No third for Detroit or Montreal; Leafs already have a good throwback; Blackhawks unveiled a "new" third jersey this year...

Are the Rangers bringing back Lady Liberty? Or are they going to the 70s jersey with the crest and full-length arm stripes?

Or is this the Bruins formally "adding" the Winter Classic jersey to their jersey set?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And some other fun info:

IF? It is. :P

Pittsburgh is getting a new third - what, I do not know.

Bruins are NOT changing anything with their current set.

San Jose is NOT making any changes, either.

I have to double check Vancouver, but they are keeping their three jerseys... don't know if home and alt are being swapped.

Dallas is SWAPPING road and alt but keeping all three.

Once again, Edmonton is doing NOTHING. No changes. This season they swapped Alt and Home, so that is how it will continue.

As for the team introducing a third, I think it is safe one can assume who they are based off of all the information provided...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

And some other fun info:

IF? It is. :P

Pittsburgh is getting a new third - what, I do not know.

Bruins are NOT changing anything with their current set.

San Jose is NOT making any changes, either.

I have to double check Vancouver, but they are keeping their three jerseys... don't know if home and alt are being swapped.

Dallas is SWAPPING road and alt but keeping all three.

Once again, Edmonton is doing NOTHING. No changes. This season they swapped Alt and Home, so that is how it will continue.

As for the team introducing a third, I think it is safe one can assume who they are based off of all the information provided...

The Rangers?

6fQjS3M.png

Here's what we definately know for next year. It's what Neon Matrix has said (and he's always been right before) and the Berger articled that Neon said was also true. Neon, please correct me if anything is incorrect.

TORONTO- Hem stripes and shoulder logo will be added to home and road jerseys.

BUFFALO- Berger said the slug is gone; Neon said only one jersey is staying. That means the alternate will be their home jersey and a new road jersey will be worn. Also, they will have a new alternate jersey.

PITTSBURGH- New third jersey will replace the current one. No changes to the home or road.

NASHVILLE- Will have significant changes to the home and road jerseys. They won't have an alternate.

PHILADELPHIA- Current home jersey will be replaced with their Winter Classic jerseys.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS- Introducing a new road jersey.

NEW YORK RANGERS- Will be adding a third jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's what we definately know for next year. It's what Neon Matrix has said (and he's always been right before) and the Berger articled that Neon said was also true. Neon, please correct me if anything is incorrect.

BUFFALO- Berger said the slug is gone; Neon said only one jersey is staying. That means the alternate will be their home jersey and a new road jersey will be worn. Also, they will have a new alternate jersey.

PITTSBURGH- New third jersey will replace the current one. No changes to the home or road.

NASHVILLE- Will have significant changes to the home and road jerseys. They won't have an alternate.

PHILADELPHIA- Current home jersey will be replaced with their Winter Classic jerseys.

I can't say specifics, just who is removing or changing what.

But yes, what you've said is spot on (details wise, who knows).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I can't say specifics, just who is removing or changing what.

But yes, what you've said is spot on (details wise, who knows).

How is it possible that the Oilers aren't making any alterations??? I could have sworn reading an interview with an upper level executive a year or so ago in which they exclaimed disappointment with the edge design that was signed off on. Are you guys with the insider info positively sure they're not making a

change or is it simply that you haven't heard one definitively announced as of yet?

if true this would be very disappointing. ditto for calgary.

zzPEfBm.png

Archived