NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

If the Flyers don't win the Cup I hope the Lightning do simply to see how abso-****ing-lutely bizarre it would be in the way they handle championship merchandise and so forth. Imagine seeing a Stanley Cup Champs t-shirt with a logo the team never wore while winning said championship.

That would be pretty interesting to see!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Flyers don't win the Cup I hope the Lightning do simply to see how abso-****ing-lutely bizarre it would be in the way they handle championship merchandise and so forth. Imagine seeing a Stanley Cup Champs t-shirt with a logo the team never wore while winning said championship.

I would bet dollars to donuts (what does that even mean?) that their merch would have the new logo and colors, and that it would be strange as heck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would bet dollars to donuts (what does that even mean?) that their merch would have the new logo and colors, and that it would be strange as heck.

It would get stranger in following seasons. Like when they show clips of the past two Stanley Cup wins in video packages, and both Cup winning teams are decked out in black, blue, and silver. This is followed by the Tampa Bay Maple Wings hitting the ice.

This is why I feel a team should more or less stick with an identity once it wins a championship. Sure, tweak it, play with striping, update the logo. Just keep the general look the same. Otherwise you end up in situations like this.

Thanks for making me hungry damn it!

Whoever did the most recent centre ice logo paint job at Rexall Place managed to botch it pretty good.

O I L ERS

I dont understand why the NHL doesnt let team logos violate the red line. Since most all teams have gone to one large center ice logo this practice is ruining such good artwork at center, the above picture being an example.

Too bad the Canucks got the cup sewn up and on lockdown so that will never happen

Whoever did the most recent centre ice logo paint job at Rexall Place managed to botch it pretty good.

<INSERT IMAGE HERE>

O I L ERS

I swear they always did that with that setup, but it seems much more noticeable with that latest picture you just showed us, otherwise the "OIL" part is pretty close together, as far as what I've researched into, I'll have to look.

<INSERT IMAGE HERE>

O I L ERS

I swear they always did that with that setup, but it seems much more noticeable with that latest picture you just showed us, otherwise the "OIL" part is pretty close together, as far as what I've researched into, I'll have to look.

I think its the same as well, its painted so that three letters stay to either side of the red line so that none of them get lost 'underneath' for lack of a better term, which is why it shows up unevenly on the ice.

<INSERT IMAGE HERE>

O I L ERS

I think its the same as well, its painted so that three letters stay to either side of the red line so that none of them get lost 'underneath' for lack of a better term, which is why it shows up unevenly on the ice.

Something is off about it.

Here's what it usually looks like (picture from Oct. 2007):

77195611.jpg

More evenly spaced and the 'tails' on the bottom of the letters aren't sharp and wide. There was a monster truck event at Rexall Place while the Oilers were on their last road trip, so the ice and paint job are new.

NinjaEdit: I grabbed a pic off the highlights of the Oilers last home game (Feb. 2 against LA) prior to the new paint job:

icek.jpg

Looks much closer to the 2007 picture than what is now on there.

Archived