NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Just saying, these anniversary jerseys the rangers are wearing need to be their full time sweaters. It does right all the things the regular home shirt does wrong.

Youre insane

If liking a jersey without ugly drop-shadowed numbers and with more pleasing shades of darker red and blue is insanity, then lock me the :censored: up.

I'm usually quite a purist, but this is an instance were tradition can take a back seat.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saying, these anniversary jerseys the rangers are wearing need to be their full time sweaters. It does right all the things the regular home shirt does wrong.

Youre insane

If liking a jersey without ugly drop-shadowed numbers and with more pleasing shades of darker red and blue is insanity, then lock me the :censored: up.

I'm usually quite a purist, but this is an instance were tradition can take a back seat.

I have to concur, if they want to put Rangers on the front as opposed to New York it makes no difference to me, but at the end of the day they are a far better looking jersey.

untitled-6.jpg

242.png

I just noticed that the crown in that logo is what they use now as their primary, only with purple added. Never noticed that before now.

That's because it's a concept. Here's the real one.

242.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Kovalev is wearing #72 for the Pens

248742265.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1298758400&Signature=%2F%2FfNOlo79WDEto8pikKlT%2FDw%2FTk%3D

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

And will apparently be wearing a hand-me-down jersey. That crest looks battered and beaten.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Youre insane

Just no... The Rangers Heritage jersey just reeks of "Trendy Cash-in." Everything from using "New York" on the front (on a home jersey? why?) to that awful shade of cream. Rangers current jerseys should never be changed.

So if the Kings make the playoffs, what will they wear at home?

Probably black. I'm almost positive that's what they did last year.

I am positive that's what LA did last year (besides score on nearly every PP they got against Vancouver).

Good guess considering both the home and the alt. are black

242.png

I just noticed that the crown in that logo is what they use now as their primary, only with purple added. Never noticed that before now.

242.gif

^ ...and of course, that one's not even correct. Here are the OFFICIAL versions:

Metallic Version:

LosAngelesKings_PML1a_1989-1998_SOL_SRGB.png

Flat, non-metallic version:

LosAngelesKings_PML1b_1989-1998_SOL_SRGB.png

Youre insane

I have to concur, if they want to put Rangers on the front as opposed to New York it makes no difference to me, but at the end of the day they are a far better looking jersey.

The heritage sweaters are brilliant. They look fantastic wearing them on the street.

On the ice, however, there's no contest. They're too dark, too drab. The royal looks 100x better.

242.png

242.gif

^ ...and of course, that one's not even correct. Here are the OFFICIAL versions:

Metallic Version:

LosAngelesKings_PML1a_1989-1998_SOL_SRGB.png

Flat, non-metallic version:

LosAngelesKings_PML1b_1989-1998_SOL_SRGB.png

Tell that to the Mothership :P

Looks like it has already happened. Thanks Chris!

P.S. I hope no one thinks that when I post "corrected" graphics like these that I am criticizing Chris or sportslogos.net in general. If I find replacements or additions to the logos and graphics I will post them here, and Chris is free to use them. Just trying to help. Oh - and the Kings' version that was previously in place as the official mark, was straight out of an official NHL Vintage collection, but was still wrong. I recently got a hold of a set of official 1997 era graphics that contained the correct version.

Looks like it has already happened. Thanks Chris!

P.S. I hope no one thinks that when I post "corrected" graphics like these that I am criticizing Chris or sportslogos.net in general. If I find replacements or additions to the logos and graphics I will post them here, and Chris is free to use them. Just trying to help. Oh - and the Kings' version that was previously in place as the official mark, was straight out of an official NHL Vintage collection, but was still wrong. I recently got a hold of a set of official 1997 era graphics that contained the correct version.

Yes, I replaced it -- thanks for the graphic... I've noticed most vintage collection graphics, regardless of sport is wrong

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Yes, I replaced it -- thanks for the graphic... I've noticed most vintage collection graphics, regardless of sport is wrong

Very true. AsM and I were just discussing this yesterday. I think the leagues just hire someone to trace a lot of these based off of photographs or something...

...oh, and I should mention: the MLB vintage graphics are by far the best. I know the person who puts those together, and let's just say that he is a stickler for detail. Pretty much anything prior to 1993 in the MLB will be a trace or a re-construction of sorts of an original hand-drawn graphic. '93 was the first year the MLB went digital.

The (Kings logo) graphic is still wrong, it's missing the drop shadow on "KINGS", as seen on this game-worn jersey crest (if you consider crests as an "official logo"):

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/images/M%20T%20New/93-94%20LA%20hm%20Stauber%20logo.JPG

(and if anybody cares, the crown inside that logo was used on centre ice in 1997-98, only in black and silver)

Archived