NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I'm with you in your last statement, but I am underwhelmed with these jerseys. I don't think Mr. Canuck stands the test of being a true primary logo. Also, maybe Mr. Colerwerx can tell us, but that does not appear to be true kelly green. There's a slight vomit / grassy tone that gives the jersey a sorta seasick feeling. It would appear (from these photos / lighting) to be a different shade than what's on the jersey. I think having the stick in rink in blue / white / green would be the cleanest and most perfect jersey set ever assembled. (And I'm a Ranger fan). It would have only 3 distinct colors in the "brand," 3 distinct sweater colors and a consistent feel to it. Tough to beat. The Flames could if they totally revamped...

It's a fairly standard shade of Green:

VancouverCanucks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

More than likely, the differences in colors are due to lighting, matching tackle twill to jersey fabrics, etc.

Once I (finally) get my RGB-optimized set of St. Louis Blues logos posted, I'll start working on the Canucks...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[The LA Kings] always borrowed colour schemes from other teams though. Purple and gold from the Lakers, black and silver from the Raiders, and purple, black, and silver from the Sacramento Kings.

The Lakers borrowed purple and gold from the Kings, not the other way around. Prior to the 1967-68 season the Lakers wore (a couple different shades of) blue and white. Lakers owner Jack Kent Cooke also owned the Kings, and he chose the purple and yellow colours for the Kings because they are 'regal'. He changed the Lakers to match the Kings.

According to the mothership Lakers started wearing gold and purple a season before the Kings started playing.

The "mothership" is wrong, the Lakers switched to "gold" and "Forum blue" in 1967: the year they moved into the Forum.

I hope the Canucks get some sense and make Johnny Canuck the primary. Out of all the logos the team has used through the years he's by far their best one. He's the physical embodiment of their nickname!!

Far superior to the generic hockey stick in rink logo, or that orca logo (it would be a cool logo for a team called the "Killer Whales" or "Orcas". NOT "Canucks") or that lame speeding skate logo from the 1980's/1990's.

The problem is, he does look a little cartoonish (remember he debuted back in the 1950's/60's). An update is in order. Something along the lines of the Vancouver Giants.

And yes a green third jersey would rock. B)

The Catch of the Day!

It's a fairly standard shade of Green:

More than likely, the differences in colors are due to lighting, matching tackle twill to jersey fabrics, etc.

Once I (finally) get my RGB-optimized set of St. Louis Blues logos posted, I'll start working on the Canucks...

Quick question of curiosity: how close is this palette to that of the pre-2002 Seattle Seahawks?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Quick question of curiosity: how close is this palette to that of the pre-2002 Seattle Seahawks?

vs.

SeattleSeahawks_FRC_2001_SOL_SRGB.png

Real close. Only differences are with the Blue, and the flat, non-metallic alt Silver. (Not to mention the inclusion of the Dark Blue for the Canucks.)

I don't understand how they can't figure out how to incorporate green into the orca logo. I know many dislike it because of that "oooh its an evil corporate logo" thing, but its a decent logo.

That being said, the updated Johnny would make a fine crest, although it does seem a bit too busy.

Anything is better than that dated generic rink-and-stick logo.

They don't add green to it because it doesn't need it. Green would just convolute it more. Besides just cause there is green on the jerseys doesnt mean the logo has to have it too

Also, green stuff on a fish is usually a bad sign. Just saying.

I don't understand how they can't figure out how to incorporate green into the orca logo. I know many dislike it because of that "oooh its an evil corporate logo" thing, but its a decent logo.

That being said, the updated Johnny would make a fine crest, although it does seem a bit too busy.

Anything is better than that dated generic rink-and-stick logo.

They don't add green to it because it doesn't need it. Green would just convolute it more. Besides just cause there is green on the jerseys doesnt mean the logo has to have it too

Also, green stuff on a fish is usually a bad sign. Just saying.

Good thing there's no fish in the Orca logo, then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, those practice jerseys just reinforce to me that the fullbody Johhny Canuck is too weak to be a chest logo. It needs a background or something to define it from the background.

Funny, looking at those practice jerseys make me more convinced that he'd be a perfect chest logo. Add a white keyline, slap him on their sweaters and you have one of the best looks in the NHL.

Also, those practice jerseys just reinforce to me that the fullbody Johhny Canuck is too weak to be a chest logo. It needs a background or something to define it from the background.

Funny, looking at those practice jerseys make me more convinced that he'd be a perfect chest logo. Add a white keyline, slap him on their sweaters and you have one of the best looks in the NHL.

I really don't care for it at all. I think the Giants have the best iteration of a Johnny Canuck concept.

fzgq7dqweveodcd2gj98by2ks.gif

The Skating Johnny Canuck just lacks the iconic elements I like to see in a logo.

Today's Fun Fact:

Toronto Maple Leafs Blue = Tampa Bay Lightning Blue = Vancouver Canucks Blue.

Ugh I hate that!

Isn't the blue the Lightning have now darker than what they're using next year?

2ly2w09.jpg

I really don't care for it at all. I think the Giants have the best iteration of a Johnny Canuck concept.

The Skating Johnny Canuck just lacks the iconic elements I like to see in a logo.

Like what?

Like what?

I'd like to know too. What is so iconic about The Giants logo? How does it capture the essence of anything Johnny Canuck in the 50s and 60's?

Every time I look at it I see a football player wearing hockey gloves and a toque. I don't see the Canucks' classic logo from the 50s. Why are the arms bare? Why does it look like he is wearing ridiculously huge shoulder pads? Most importantly why is he not SKATING in profile like the original logo?

Most people don't understand the real history of the Canucks' name and the Johnny Canuck logo. Even the Canucks' official website has a logo that the team NEVER used and a history that has nothing to do with the team name. The Canucks were not named after any superhero or folk hero or political cartoon. The team's owner named them after a slang term for Canadian. The logo came later.

jclogo.png

Never been a fan of the Giants logo. He looks all out of proportion...

I like the idea of the full body Canucks logo being the primary, but it is too detailed and a bit too cartoony for it to be on the front of the jersey. I don't like the V head Johnny logo either, but there has to be a way of simplifying JC and making it pop out on the jersey... I'm not an Orca logo hater, but I can sense that it will go sooner rather than later.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Never been a fan of the Giants logo. He looks all out of proportion...

I like the idea of the full body Canucks logo being the primary, but it is too detailed and a bit too cartoony for it to be on the front of the jersey. I don't like the V head Johnny logo either, but there has to be a way of simplifying JC and making it pop out on the jersey... I'm not an Orca logo hater, but I can sense that it will go sooner rather than later.

It won't be going anywhere next year. Good for the Canucks for sticking their jerseys out. I like most people was not a fan of the arched wordmark at first but it's really grown on me. Those jerseys are so underrated, look great on the ice!

Today's Fun Fact:

Toronto Maple Leafs Blue = Tampa Bay Lightning Blue = Vancouver Canucks Blue.

<icecap> Errryone is STEALING from TORONTO!!! AHHHH!!! GET YOUR OWN HISTORY!!!

RABBLErabbleRABBLErabbleRABBLE!!! </icecap>

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived