NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Today's Fun Fact:

Toronto Maple Leafs Blue = Tampa Bay Lightning Blue = Vancouver Canucks Blue.

<icecap> Errryone is STEALING from TORONTO!!! AHHHH!!! GET YOUR OWN HISTORY!!!

RABBLErabbleRABBLErabbleRABBLE!!! </icecap>

Hahaha the only way that could be any more on point is with the inclusion of a picture of a beaten horse.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Fun Fact:

I love you too Kinger ^_^

Today's Fun Fact:

:lol:

POTD Nominee?

Barberpole???

The Senators will introduce a new third jersey, a heritage jersey in recognition of early-era teams.

Well, I doubt its an Alexandre Daigle inspired jersey.

Also, I guess this means the death of those atrocious "SENS" jerseys.

From www.senschirp.ca

There has been plenty of talk about the new heritage jersey the Sens will debut next year. Lots of speculation about the barber pole design too but I've heard it won't be exactly like the one we saw Bingo wear earlier this year.

Hey chirp, my friend's dad is a Sens alumni and he saw the design of the new jerseys in a power point presentation when he was in a meeting about the sens 20th anniversary.

He said that it not a complete barber pole and that the design is more like the one that was floating around the net except the striping is different.

He also said that the colour is a dark charcoal and not jet black.

Oh and that it's 100% the vintage "O" logo. Guess I should've mentioned that too.

The dark charcoal colour scares me a bit, but his father said it was a very sharp design.

Interesting...

thecatch.jpg

Never been a fan of the Giants logo. He looks all out of proportion...

I like the idea of the full body Canucks logo being the primary, but it is too detailed and a bit too cartoony for it to be on the front of the jersey. I don't like the V head Johnny logo either, but there has to be a way of simplifying JC and making it pop out on the jersey... I'm not an Orca logo hater, but I can sense that it will go sooner rather than later.

It won't be going anywhere next year. Good for the Canucks for sticking their jerseys out. I like most people was not a fan of the arched wordmark at first but it's really grown on me. Those jerseys are so underrated, look great on the ice!

The wordmark has grown on me too, but I'd still prefer it off the jersey.

If the wordmark had to stay, I'd get rid of the shoulder patches and the white collar, because it all makes the jersey look to busy. I doubt that would ever happen tho, considering the Canucks have about 50 different logos on the go at once...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Rangers in white at home for the first time (that I can remember at least) since the lockout.

It's beating a 6 year old dead horse but man, it just looks so right.

And I know, I know, prior to expansion thats how it was anyway, and they're the Broadway Blueshirts, and all that jazz, but I so prefer the white at home.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Rangers in white at home for the first time (that I can remember at least) since the lockout.

It's beating a 6 year old dead horse but man, it just looks so right.

And I know, I know, prior to expansion thats how it was anyway, and they're the Broadway Blueshirts, and all that jazz, but I so prefer the white at home.

Apart from the Rangers part, I will second that motion on bringing back the home whites!!!

From www.senschirp.ca

There has been plenty of talk about the new heritage jersey the Sens will debut next year. Lots of speculation about the barber pole design too but I've heard it won't be exactly like the one we saw Bingo wear earlier this year.

Hey chirp, my friend's dad is a Sens alumni and he saw the design of the new jerseys in a power point presentation when he was in a meeting about the sens 20th anniversary.

He said that it not a complete barber pole and that the design is more like the one that was floating around the net except the striping is different.

He also said that the colour is a dark charcoal and not jet black.

Oh and that it's 100% the vintage "O" logo. Guess I should've mentioned that too.

The dark charcoal colour scares me a bit, but his father said it was a very sharp design.

Interesting...

SensAlt-1.png

Edit: I mistakenly thought dark charcoal was dark brown. It's actually dark grey.

This off-white/tan/cream is getting horrible! It's such a bad color the way it's being used in hockey. It just makes what would be a sharp jersey, just look dull and bland. All the jerseys that use the tan/off-white/cram just look bad. I presume in the NHL, tan/off-white/cream is the new black.

Bring back home whites I agree. I used to be for the dark home jerseys, but I've grown up and I want it back how it was.

Bring back home whites I agree. I used to be for the dark home jerseys, but I've grown up and I want it back how it was.

The good side about that is that you'll see more different colors every game.

I wish the home team could choose what they want to wear. That way you still get to see the 3rd jerseys, and teams like the Red Wings and whoever can wear white at home. Everybody wins!

Everybody except the equipment manager(s).

You're locked into wearing whites for home games, except for the handful of games where you schedule in 3rd jersey nights so the away team has to bring their whites. Simple. And yeah I agree....it's nice to see more variety in colour from away teams.

Archived