NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

The union's still too powerful to give up 50+ jobs without major concessions, the likes of which I wouldn't even want to think about.

So anyway, the Sharks. I was thinking that the triangle in their logo should have a straight line across the top again:

sharksidea.jpg

That bent line always bugged me.

I'm all in favour of any change that brings the Sharks logo/uniforms closer to their original set. Lets see it with the orange removed, grey added and the original teal!

I think the addition of orange was a great move by the Sharks. The silver/teal/black just seems a little dull to me, especially with the older teal. This new color scheme pops (for lack of a better term) a little more.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the new jerseys have grown on me but I still hate the new logo. People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason. There was nothing wrong with the old logo.

I don't know about that. I thought the same thing at first, but then when I put the two side-by-side, it became crystal-clear that the old design had become dated and kind of rudimentary. For an even better example of this principle, see the Arizona Cardinals.

As for the darker teal and burnt orange, I like them, but I liked the lighter teal and silver too. Hard to go wrong either way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dont understand why the Sharks dont have a retro jersey this year. Its the 20th year celebration and with how popular their first jersey was and how popular retro jerseys are you would figure this year would be a year to do it.

And the new jerseys have grown on me but I still hate the new logo. People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason. There was nothing wrong with the old logo.

Check out the areas that are supposed to tapped on the hockey stick in the original logo. That, and the rudimentary fin design, are clear signs that the old logo was dated. The new logo, for all its flaws, is an improvement.

People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason.

And yet they went away from the armpit vents and curvilinear elements of the old sweaters in favor of shoulder yokes, hem stripes, and block numbers. I think the Sharks went more traditional than modern, personally, and they did it well. They could've gone traditional the way Tampa Bay did:

alsostolenfromtoronto.jpg

What a brave corporate dorsal fin!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason.

And yet they went away from the armpit vents and curvilinear elements of the old sweaters in favor of shoulder yokes, hem stripes, and block numbers. I think the Sharks went more traditional than modern, personally, and they did it well. They could've gone traditional the way Tampa Bay did:

...at least brave corporate dorsal fin didn't use the same blue as the Tampa Bay Maple Wings!

I can haz sig?

Priceless! Haha

It's rare that I laugh out loud at something I see on here. Well done.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I honestly think the Sharks have one of the better sets in the NHL, chest numbers and all. I prefer the darker teal to the shade that they used when they first entered the league, and the orange works perfectly as an accent color. The only thing I would change about their current identity would be straightening out the top line in the triangle in their primary logo, and maybe adding a stripe at the hem of the third jersey to match the arm stripes. Otherwise they've got a really solid set, and it's certainly better than the atrocities they were sporting before the redesign.

330zl3b.png

So anyway, the Sharks. I was thinking that the triangle in their logo should have a straight line across the top again:

sharksidea.jpg

That bent line always bugged me.

Me too, but I'd just go with the full-body shark on the sweaters.

sharks.jpg

That's so much better than any of the truncated triangle versions. It deserves to be the primary. .

Perfection! IMHO!!!

sharksidea.jpg

Im in full agreement! The Sharks new jerseys were actually among the better ones of the initial edge crop. Orange trim and front numbers drag it down though.

The new shade of "teal" that is more green than blue is the biggest downgrade for me. The first teal rocked! The second teal was good just darker, the newest "teal" is too green and not very "teal" looking!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Perfection! IMHO!!!

sharksidea.jpg

Im in full agreement! The Sharks new jerseys were actually among the better ones of the initial edge crop. Orange trim and front numbers drag it down though.

The new shade of "teal" that is more green than blue is the biggest downgrade for me. The first teal rocked! The second teal was good just darker, the newest "teal" is too green and not very "teal" looking!

Agree completely - the new colors are very blah.

Hard to believe that "teal, orange and black" could be drab and boring, but they found a way.

I honestly think the Sharks have one of the better sets in the NHL, chest numbers and all. I prefer the darker teal to the shade that they used when they first entered the league, and the orange works perfectly as an accent color. The only thing I would change about their current identity would be straightening out the top line in the triangle in their primary logo, and maybe adding a stripe at the hem of the third jersey to match the arm stripes. Otherwise they've got a really solid set, and it's certainly better than the atrocities they were sporting before the redesign.

Perfection! IMHO!!!

That dark greenish shade of teal was only used during the 2007-08 season. They changed it back to the original shade the next year. CCSLC never updated the logos when the colours switched back.

Perfection! IMHO!!!

That dark greenish shade of teal was only used during the 2007-08 season. They changed it back to the original shade the next year. CCSLC never updated the logos when the colours switched back.

Really? Is this true? I've seen them on TV in HD and the colur does look very much like the original but I assumed my set was off and the colours originally unvailed and on this site were acurate. Colorworks???

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

No time for a patch or anything drastic since he passed earlier today, about 5 hours before gametime, the Sabres wore a sticker on their helmets to honor French Connection winger Rick Martin. R.I.P.

110040728_slide.jpg

110040725_slide.jpg

bufg.png

Perfection! IMHO!!!

The Sharks have used FOUR different unique shades of Teal in their history:

SanJoseSharksTeal_1998_SOL_SRGB.pngSanJoseSharksTeal_2007_SOL_SRGB.pngSanJoseSharksTeal_2008_SOL_SRGB.pngSanJoseSharksTeal_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

None are the same as the other.

The current teal may not be the same as the earlier teals, but at least it's similar enough. The immediate post-Edge teal (which I think you once said is the same shade as the Philadelphia Eagles' midnight green) seemed to dark for the Sharks.

Archived