NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the 1970 off of this one and use this remake of the classic logo as the full-time primary. It might even work in navy.

I'm not sure what that one is, but here's the one that's used on the alt jersey (according to the official files anyway):

BuffaloSabres_CML1_2011_SOL_SRGB.png

Take the 1970 off of this one and use this remake of the classic logo as the full-time primary. It might even work in navy.

I'm not sure what that one is, but here's the one that's used on the alt jersey (according to the official files anyway):

Oh really. I never noticed that the sword handles are different. Either way, the more simplified versions look better.

That jersey (the front anyway) proves that the Sabres should have went back to their colors instead of picking navy, yellow and gray. The royal blue and athletic yellow looks far better.

Yeah the Navy is too dull and makes the jerseys look dated already. Same with the piping, pit stains and front numbers. Im sure they'll get it right one of these days but I won't hold my breath...

Another thing that I'm starting to dislike about the current Sabres look is the excessive silver lining within the crest. I get what they are trying to do. From a distance, the lines make the yellow circle pop so it could look like more than just a 2D logo. But up close, the silver lines seem overdone and it makes the logo inferior to the classic one.

I dont think thats possible ^_^

On a serious note I actually like the silver lines. It gives the logo some much needed dimension. The red eye is also a huge improvement (Anyone know if the classic logo ever had this feature?). Just change navy to Royal Blue and its as good as it will get.

The red eye is also a huge improvement (Anyone know if the classic logo ever had this feature?)

The red eye has always been on the jersey crests when they used the original logo (70-96), except the eye is not on the logo files themselves.

True. I have a Style Guide sheet dated 06/1992 that shows the eye as White...and, the color specs don't even mention Red as an official color. But it certainly was on the actual jersey crests themselves.

However, the Vintage Hockey files (and we all know how inaccurate those can be) show the Red eye.

Any sign of the 2011 Playoff Logos?

I feel like the should have been released by now. It's April.

They did a promo video on Versus the other night and from what it looked like, it will follow the same format as the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob's new mask for the playoffs:

bobrovskymask-side2.jpg?w=320

bobrovskymask-side1.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He's their #1 goalie for the playoffs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bob's new mask for the playoffs:

bobrovskymask-side2.jpg?w=320

bobrovskymask-side1.jpg

I'm sorry, but that is a terrible mask. You have so much potential with the city of Philadelphia, and you go with Rocky? Hell, I'd take a Will Smith mask over Sylvester Stallone mask

Why are you sorry?

Why are you sorry?

Oh, for some reason I thought you endorsed it. I was merely being polite... never mind then and carry on.

I despise masks that have airbrushed pictures on them, and much prefer masks like Martin Brodeur's and Ron Hextall's old ones. Just posting it because it's sort of relevant. Either way, there's no need to apologize for having an opinion.

Why are you sorry?

Oh, for some reason I thought you endorsed it. I was merely being polite... never mind then and carry on.

I despise masks that have airbrushed pictures on them, and much prefer masks like Martin Brodeur's and Ron Hextall's old ones. Just posting it because it's sort of relevant. Either way, there's no need to apologize for having an opinion.

I agree for the most part, though there are exceptions (like any kind of Jeff Hackett-esk headdress mask for the Blackhawks), but I too miss the days of Tom Barrasso:

Barrasso%20mask.jpg

Grant Fuhr:

110-Grant-Fuhr-Mask.jpg

and Clint Malarchuk:

109-Clint-Malarchuk-Mask.jpg

And for the record, it's not that I'm ashamed of my opinion, it's that there are more than a few posters on this board with really fragile egos and I'd rather not try to invoke their wrath in my direction.

Archived