NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cmon now. You guys are homers.

Sodboy's a 'Hawks fan who can't stand the Leafs. He's hardly a homer.

It's a nice improvement but hardly the best sweater in the league and it's still one element away from perfection.

Either the lace up or the primary logo has to go. Take an honest look. The 1950's style collar and the 1970's era Leaf logo are totally incongruent with one another. They don't match.

this logo fits that collar better:

tohm2.png

tord.png

Sorry, I have to disagree. The old style leaf as the primary just seems redundant. Using the current leaf makes this sweater nice in the fact that it's not a throwback, but at the same time it's grounded in the traditions of Leafs design.

Anyone have any pics of the back of the jerseys? Did they go lazy and use the third jersey font?

What you call lazy I call standardizing the designs of the three sweaters.

Yup, best sweater in the NHL now belongs to the Leafs. That blue color looks so good and the white is such a great compliment. It seemed to be the 07-09 blue was a different shade...

"Officially", it's been the same shade since 1928:

TorontoMapleLeafsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Probably just the material I know, but it looked like it had more green in it...

I'm beyond pleased with what Toronto has done here. The Maple Leafs look like the Maple Leafs again.

I don't understand how some of you guys buy jerseys of teams that aren't your own (because I hardly ever wear the jersey of my own team), but I am considering purchasing one of these new blue jerseys. I think they look beautiful, and I'm not a Toronto homer. I've only been there once.

As an aside, it's nice to see that a lot of teams are correcting the mistakes that were created by the edge system. Now all we need are fixes from Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, and Florida.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Whats nice about the single layer is that a person could get one from NHL.COM and the letters/numbers won't look as bad on the replica as they do with the past numbering.

Yes, but then you'd have to deal with the screened twill shoulder patches, and I just can't abide by those.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whats nice about the single layer is that a person could get one from NHL.COM and the letters/numbers won't look as bad on the replica as they do with the past numbering.

Yes, but then you'd have to deal with the screened twill shoulder patches, and I just can't abide by those.

Right, the cheesy shoulder patches are what has stopped me from buying a replica jersey and the exact reason why I'm saving for an authentic. Another thing I've noticed is that the replica shoulder patches are much bigger than their authentic counterpart. They're just bad all around.

If I were a fan of a team that didn't use shoulder patches then I would probably have a replica. I can deal with the notches on the side hem, the tag on front of the jersey, and the lower quality material, but I draw the line on the shoulder patches. As a result, I still don't have an edgified Blue Jackets jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's a nice improvement but hardly the best sweater in the league and it's still one element away from perfection.

Either the lace up or the primary logo has to go. Take an honest look. The 1950's style collar and the 1970's era Leaf logo are totally incongruent with one another. They don't match.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The old style leaf as the primary just seems redundant. Using the current leaf makes this sweater nice in the fact that it's not a throwback, but at the same time it's grounded in the traditions of Leafs design.

The Leafs' original 35 point logo is hardly redundant. It's the logo that team won the vast majority of their cups in and it adorned their one true classic uniform. Considering how the Leafs have always looked more to their glorious past than the future you think this would be a no-brainer. This is how an original six team should look.

The Ballard logo is out of place - especially with a lace up collar. It's out of place with all the old time hockey franchises. This is the only original six logo that was designed in the seventies and it has never been to a cup final. Doesn't that say something? It's the symbol for an NHL record in futility. Not one cup final in 40 years and decades of faceless corporate greed. That should be redundant.

The Leafs' original 35 point logo is hardly redundant. It's the logo that team won the vast majority of their cups in and it adorned their one true classic uniform. Considering how the Leafs have always looked more to their glorious past than the future you think this would be a no-brainer. This is how an original six team should look.

The Ballard logo is out of place - especially with a lace up collar. It's out of place with all the old time hockey franchises. This is the only original six logo that was designed in the seventies and it has never been to a cup final. Doesn't that say something? It's the symbol for an NHL record in futility. Not one cup final in 40 years and decades of faceless corporate greed. That should be redundant.

Having the 35 point leaf on the shoulders and as the main crest is redundant. If they're going to go with a throwback, then they should go with a true throwback. This isn't meant to be a throwback so the use of the modern leaf works.

The Ballard leaf is, well it is what it is. I'm not a fan of it by any means, but MLSE is committed to it for whatever reason. So given that the Ballard leaf is here to stay, they designed the best sweater possible.

Ducks with an orange jersey? Pens supposedly sticking with the baby blues now because of another Winter Classic? Not so exciting this time around for jersey changes.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Well what else can the Ducks and Pens do? For the Penguins it kind of has to be a throwback of some sort. That's part of the Winter Classic thing.

For the Ducks, what other options do they have as far as third sweaters go? Gold/khaki won't work, and another black sweater would be hard to pull off. So it's orange or bust.

Standard what? You want to impress me? Bring back the font from 93 and youll be good in my book. And standardizing the look? A third jersey is supposed to be different

Having two sets of near-identical block names/numbers is pointless.

What's the difference in the fonts? I just remember the rounded numbers and NOB font that they used to have, and man did that suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's the difference in the fonts? I just remember the rounded numbers and NOB font that they used to have, and man did that suck.

That it did, that it did. It was way to gimmicky/cute for an Original 6 team.

The difference between the block used for the alternate (and the new home/road set) and the block used for the 1992-7 sweaters is pretty minuscule. According to http://nhluniforms.com/ the difference is that the 1992-7 block font was slightly thicker then the current alternate font that's now being applied to the redesigned home and road sweaters.

Personally I think philly97flyer is making way to much out of this. Having two versions of standard block font, one for the primary set and one for the alternate, is pretty pointless.

Well what else can the Ducks and Pens do? For the Penguins it kind of has to be a throwback of some sort. That's part of the Winter Classic thing.

For the Ducks, what other options do they have as far as third sweaters go? Gold/khaki won't work, and another black sweater would be hard to pull off. So it's orange or bust.

What makes you say that gold won't work? The Predators used a mustard gold for an alternate and that seemed to cut the mustard, so to speak, against other white jerseys. I don't think the Ducks gold is that much lighter than the Pred's mustard.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What makes you say that gold won't work? The Predators used a mustard gold for an alternate and that seemed to cut the mustard, so to speak, against other white jerseys. I don't think the Ducks gold is that much lighter than the Pred's mustard.

The Predators, however, had to come up with a new shade of mustard/yellow/gold for their alternates. The athletic gold they used for their home and road set at the time was pretty standard, if I remember correctly, and wouldn't have worked as the primary colour of a sweater. They had to come up with a new, darker, shade of gold to pull it off.

That, and the mustard Preds sweaters were awful :P

I don't mind a potential orange sweater for the Ducks. They do play in Orange County after all.

Archived