NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Whats nice about the single layer is that a person could get one from NHL.COM and the letters/numbers won't look as bad on the replica as they do with the past numbering.

Yes, but then you'd have to deal with the screened twill shoulder patches, and I just can't abide by those.

Right, the cheesy shoulder patches are what has stopped me from buying a replica jersey and the exact reason why I'm saving for an authentic. Another thing I've noticed is that the replica shoulder patches are much bigger than their authentic counterpart. They're just bad all around.

If I were a fan of a team that didn't use shoulder patches then I would probably have a replica. I can deal with the notches on the side hem, the tag on front of the jersey, and the lower quality material, but I draw the line on the shoulder patches. As a result, I still don't have an edgified Blue Jackets jersey.

True, but some people can't justify the sever upcharge for higher quality shoulder patches on a shirt that they won't wear all too often.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what else can the Ducks and Pens do? For the Penguins it kind of has to be a throwback of some sort. That's part of the Winter Classic thing.

For the Ducks, what other options do they have as far as third sweaters go? Gold/khaki won't work, and another black sweater would be hard to pull off. So it's orange or bust.

What makes you say that gold won't work? The Predators used a mustard gold for an alternate and that seemed to cut the mustard, so to speak, against other white jerseys. I don't think the Ducks gold is that much lighter than the Pred's mustard.

The reason the Pred's Mustard worked as a dark jersey is because the fabric construction had two layers. The actual jersey was Navy with a mustard mesh layer overtop of it which darkened the mustard considerably. I dont think the Reebok Edge system would allow for such a construction. Pre Edge the Thrashers had the same thing (Only with a Powder Blue Mesh Layer) and during the switch to Edge they eliminated this element. Long story short I doubt we will be seeing a Gold jersey in the NHL anytime soon.

legionofdoomposed.jpg

These were so cool. Just slap the white nameplates on these and they'd be perfect.

I agree those jerseys were better and should be worn again, but why put the white nameplate on those? First off, I don't think the white names got lost on the orange. If so, black could work if the names were bold (as there were at the time). But why are people against an outlined name? I think it would look much better if the names matched the numbers. If not, go black with a white outline. I do like the uniqueness of the contrasting nameplate, but only in a vaccuum. Adding them to these great jerseys would be gimmicky.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

legionofdoomposed.jpg

These were so cool. Just slap the white nameplates on these and they'd be perfect.

I agree those jerseys were better and should be worn again, but why put the white nameplate on those? First off, I don't think the white names got lost on the orange. If so, black could work if the names were bold (as there were at the time). But why are people against an outlined name? I think it would look much better if the names matched the numbers. If not, go black with a white outline. I do like the uniqueness of the contrasting nameplate, but only in a vaccuum. Adding them to these great jerseys would be gimmicky.

Ron Hextall Agrees.

hexyrightsideimage.jpg

Well what else can the Ducks and Pens do? For the Penguins it kind of has to be a throwback of some sort. That's part of the Winter Classic thing.

For the Ducks, what other options do they have as far as third sweaters go? Gold/khaki won't work, and another black sweater would be hard to pull off. So it's orange or bust.

What makes you say that gold won't work? The Predators used a mustard gold for an alternate and that seemed to cut the mustard, so to speak, against other white jerseys. I don't think the Ducks gold is that much lighter than the Pred's mustard.

The reason the Pred's Mustard worked as a dark jersey is because the fabric construction had two layers. The actual jersey was Navy with a mustard mesh layer overtop of it which darkened the mustard considerably. I dont think the Reebok Edge system would allow for such a construction. Pre Edge the Thrashers had the same thing (Only with a Powder Blue Mesh Layer) and during the switch to Edge they eliminated this element. Long story short I doubt we will be seeing a Gold jersey in the NHL anytime soon.

IIRC a lot of players complained about the double mesh treatment, for good reason I'm sure. A gold jersey could work with the Edge system only if it was a matte, which if you look at the proposed Stars alternate a few years back it's ugly as :censored:. So yeah, I don't see a Ducks gold jersey in the future either.

IIRC a lot of players complained about the double mesh treatment, for good reason I'm sure. A gold jersey could work with the Edge system only if it was a matte, which if you look at the proposed Stars alternate a few years back it's ugly as :censored:. So yeah, I don't see a Ducks gold jersey in the future either.

I own an Authentic Mustard and it is ridiculously heavy, I remember after the last game they were worn, several Pred's players commented on overheating when they had to wear them. Not a very practical design. And yeah the gold Stars jersey was an atrocity.

Well looking at the changes that the Leafs made I am impressed. They actually listened to the complaints and fixed all of the problems that were associated with their uniforms. However, if Nashville's uniform changes go according to plan (making the current third jerseys the homes and designing a matching away) then any game between the Preds and Leafs will look like a scrimage

I wanna see the Maple Leafs socks. I hope they don't have the same absurd amount of stripes (9 I think).

They will be. Those are the Leafs' traditional socks.

Except from 1970 to 1992 when they had simple, jersey-matching stripes on their socks.

I wanna see the Maple Leafs socks. I hope they don't have the same absurd amount of stripes (9 I think).

Except from 1970 to 1992 when they had simple, jersey-matching stripes on their socks.

That entire period is one the Leafs and their fans would like to forget ever existed. Nothing from the 1970-92 uniforms will ever see the light of day again.

That entire period is one the Leafs and their fans would like to forget ever existed. Nothing from the 1970-92 uniforms will ever see the light of day again.

And 1992 to 2010...?

And 1992 to 2010...?

Say what you will about the Leafs' futility, but they've had a greater degree of success from 1992-2010 then 1970-92.

Also, the uniforms from 1992-2010 have, to varying degrees, honoured the look of the Leafs of the past. The 1970-92 look, aside from being associated with futility, was a complete break with the Leafs' uniform traditions. Which is why you'll never see the multi-striped sock look disappear. It's a traditional element of the uniforms.

I get that it doesn't match the sweater striping, but come on now. It's hardly a deal breaker.

Then why can't they fully purge Kabel Bold from their existence, like the rest of the world did about 15 years ago?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Then why can't they fully purge Kabel Bold from their existence, like the rest of the world did about 15 years ago?

Because it's MLSE. They can't do anything completely right. I'm surprised they managed to get the new Leafs sweaters as close to perfection as they did.

So what if the Leafs socks are different? Take a look at NHLuniforms.com sometime. 20 of the NHL's 30 teams have jersey stripes that do not match their socks. It's a silly argument.

If you look back to hockey teams from the original six era and before, many had jerseys with a lot of different stripe patterns and socks that didn't match. Those are some great uniforms.

Part of what's so cool about the Leafs uniforms is how unique the stripes are. It's not some boring template that is repeated. On the arms and midsection. The socks are different and they work.

I think this is kinda funny though. Notice how they mixed and matched the socks from different years? It's almost like they're taunting the ADD types.

MapleLeafs02.png

MapleLeafs08.png

So what if the Leafs socks are different? Take a look at NHLuniforms.com sometime. 20 of the NHL's 30 teams have jersey stripes that do not match their socks. It's a silly argument.

Saying that something is OK because someone else does it is a silly argument.

Just sayin'.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived