NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

So what if the Leafs socks are different? Take a look at NHLuniforms.com sometime. 20 of the NHL's 30 teams have jersey stripes that do not match their socks. It's a silly argument.

Saying that something is OK because someone else does it is a silly argument.

Just sayin'.

Sounds like an endorsement to do meth.

:D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiousity...has there been any "real" talk of the Devils adding the green back into their uni's...possibly as a third jersey? I had read some internet rumor a few months back, but never really looked into it.

Real or not, they SHOULD do it. IMO, the red/green/white scheme was completely unique to them and I'd love to see that again.

Just out of curiousity...has there been any "real" talk of the Devils adding the green back into their uni's...possibly as a third jersey? I had read some internet rumor a few months back, but never really looked into it.

Real or not, they SHOULD do it. IMO, the red/green/white scheme was completely unique to them and I'd love to see that again.

Keyword being was. The Wild have staked their claim to that colour scheme since then.

That's not to say that the red and green wasn't nice. It was was very nice, and I loved the throwback look they went with this past season. All things being equal I would like to see them return to it full time. The thing is, however, that the red and green scheme is associated with the franchise's worst years. Whereas the red and black is associated with a team that's won three Stanley Cups.

Keyword being was. The Wild have staked their claim to that colour scheme since then.

That's not to say that the red and green wasn't nice. It was was very nice, and I loved the throwback look they went with this past season. All things being equal I would like to see them return to it full time. The thing is, however, that the red and green scheme is associated with the franchise's worst years. Whereas the red and black is associated with a team that's won three Stanley Cups.

Not going to happen as long as Lou is there. He has stated many times the Devils will never have an official third jersey. However, the fans did like the green and red throwbacks, so it looks like they will do it again next year, but only for a game.

Which is a good thing. I like the fact that the throwbacks are something special, only worn once. Any more than that and it gets overdone.

70389454.png

Speaking of the Wild, are they losing the stripes on their breezers? If so, LAME.

Also losing the shoulder patches on the away jerseys, I believe. But still keeping the most inconsistent uniform set in hockey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Speaking of the Wild, are they losing the stripes on their breezers? If so, LAME.

Also losing the shoulder patches on the away jerseys, I believe. But still keeping the most inconsistent uniform set in hockey.

And so the downward Spiral continues. They had their identity perfect the first time around. The Red jersey was fine... as an alternate.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned..

but Sabres are going with the classic logo as the primary I've heard. Also i've heard that the Wild will be updating something.

The New York Islanders going back to classic logo.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned..

but Sabres are going with the classic logo as the primary I've heard.

Yes, the slug is dead. The Sabres are making an away jersey to match the home and are rolling out a new third that I'm guessing will look something like the Wild's third. This is relatively old news.

Also i've heard that the Wild will be updating something.

Yes, this was just discussed over the past 4-5 posts.

The New York Islanders going back to classic logo.

As long as it's not the Gordan Fish Sticks guy, I'm game. But really, their is only, what, twelve Isles fans in the whole country anyway, so who care? :P

As long as it's not the Gordan Fish Sticks guy, I'm game. But really, their is only, what, twelve Isles fans in the whole country anyway, so who care? :P

I beg to differ :mad:. lol. I can understand where you're coming from though, I mean it's not like we play in a state of the art arena in the heart of Metropolis.

But yes the Islanders are making their royal alts the new home jerseys and creating a white jersey to match. The new road jersey will be a carbon copy of the dynasty-era white jersey plus laces at the collar.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

I beg to differ :mad:. lol. I can understand where you're coming from though, I mean it's not like we play in a state of the art arena in the heart of Metropolis.

But yes the Islanders are making their royal alts the new home jerseys and creating a white jersey to match. The new road jersey will be a carbon copy of the dynasty-era white jersey plus laces at the collar.

Not really. The throwbacks the Islanders are adopting as their full time look next season is the pre-dynasty era look.

But with different colors. Both the Blue and Orange in the alts (and what will be used in next year's set) are slightly different color-wise than the originals.

Just joshing ya, ID ;)

Haha, no harm done. I was kidding around too. I probably shouldn't have put an angry face though...

But with different colors. Both the Blue and Orange in the alts (and what will be used in next year's set) are slightly different color-wise than the originals.

Yeah, it seems that the blue and orange are a bit lighter.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Yeah, it seems that the blue and orange are a bit lighter.

Original colors (keep in mind, these are the print colors, not the fabrics):

NewYorkIslanders_FRC_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

vs. new colors/current alt colors:

NewYorkIslanders_AUC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

This observation is far from PANTONE precision, I know, but on the NHL games for SNES, the Isles' red-orange pictured above always looked much closer to plain old red. I much prefer the bottom pair of blue and orange, which evokes the New York and Nassau flags better than the top pair does. And that is, after all, what they're going for, right?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No, because I more or less said the same thing right above your post.

Yeah, and it looks red, too.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived