NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that it doesn't match the sweater striping, but come on now. It's hardly a deal breaker.

So what if the Leafs socks are different? Take a look at NHLuniforms.com sometime. 20 of the NHL's 30 teams have jersey stripes that do not match their socks. It's a silly argument.

I didn't say that at all. I just referred to a time period when that was the case. I couldn't care less if they matched. I just think they look completely stupid. They can't cut back three? It would look that much better!

I'm holding out for the original teal of the Oakland Seals.

JneilsonOak.jpg

Gold skates or it's a copout.

Or white =)

Not with the Gund brothers teal unis; the gold or white skates belong with the Charlie Finley kelly green and yellow unis. Hell, either one would be a nice nod to the first NHL team in the bay area; just don't go back to the dark green/navy of the original Oakland Seals look (1967-1970); keep it one of the two California Golden Seals looks.

does anyone have a good photo of the winter and heritage classic logos (i see both logos on the nhl website but is there a good photo of both by themselves). also does anyone know if there will be some announcement at each of of the games.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

As reported by Icethetics, the Islanders new road jersey has been rather obviously revealed in a video about their logo and jersey history

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/6/23/more-new-sweaters-logos.html

Here's the video:

http://islanders.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=950&id=72671

From a purely aesthetic point, those Fisherman jerseys were great, Though I do agree they should have never changed the original logo. If they had released it as a third in 1995, I dont think it would have recieved the undeserved backlash it got. As for the going back to Royal Blue, good move. The Navy looks tired and dated. I really hope one of the orange armed monstrosities released in 2007/08 won't be used as a third. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance

LA Kings Mockup Alternate

LosAngeles_Kings.gif

So is this something you did that you'd like to see? I only ask because I wouldn't want to get my hopes up for the return of the purple and gold. Anything that gets away from the Raiders look!

I only hope they don't slack out like they did when the NHL introduced the Vintage Program. I think it was the Kings and the Blues who kept their regular colour pants instead of getting the cover shells to match the vintage jerseys. For me it ruined the look and cheapened it...kinda like how the Sabres did when the introduced the Slug with their throwback 3rd.

All season long, the team will wear a 20th Anniversary San Jose Sharks patch on their sweater that will be placed on the left sleeve underneath the player?s number and above the stripe. The patch, which is 5¼? x 1¾?, combines the modern Shark with a powerful ?double-XX? design, using the Roman numeral for the number ?20? celebrating the team?s anniversary.

36213_405446556031_693636031_4652552_3346424_n.jpg

Four different-but-same-ish Shark logos on the same jersey... excessive much?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived