NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

As stated above, they will be officially unveiled during a ceremony to open camp today.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rangers3rdavery.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like the old fashion feel to it, but yeah, I would've preferred Lady Liberty, even if it was a shoulder patch

It's not that this looks bad; it actually looks quite clean and nice. It's that it looks... generic. Like one of those companies that makes the "Chicago" hats in Chicago sports team colors and sells them for five bucks at Walgreens decided to get into the hockey jersey market. The Rangers had a third that was damn near perfect (and Edge-friendly!) with Lady Liberty - why not go back to it?

Anyway, I wonder if they'll be trotting out new pants shells to go with these, as seems to be the fashion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My guess would be they stick with the same red pants, since there's not enough royal blue on them to cause a glaring mismatch.

In and of itself it's not a bad design, since there's not enough going on to really be "bad." As a Rangers sweater, I don't like it at all, since two of the Rangers' most distinctive design elements are royal blue and italic drop-shadow. In lieu of a strong logo, they've relied on those elements as their identity for years and years (except those two years that they used Helvetica numbers and a crest, but they quickly realized those sucked and sold the remaining inventory to the Winnipeg Jets). So navy blue and straight lettering, yes indeed, look like a unlicensed circumlocutional attempt at selling Rangeresque merchandise at Walgreens. Final verdict: bad idea. I don't understand why the Rangers would willfully dilute their identity. That goes for those Liberty sweaters, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Rangers look good, but it's a pretty unnecessary alternate. Lady Liberty was a lot better choice for an alt jersey.

And the Flyers new away jerseys would be almost perfect if it weren't for the black nameplate. Totally pointless and it looks horrible.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Teams have been known to fine-tune some of these things over a season. I think the Flames used black letters on red briefly for the first year of the black C on red. The Sens changed either names or numbers due to illegibility early on. Maybe the Flyers will see the error of their ways and go with white nameplates on both sweaters.

I wonder what patch is on the right shoulder of the Rangers' third jersey.

Probably the anniversary patch.

Definitely the anniversary patch.

I kinda' like them, but they shouldn't wear it more than a few times. Especially at home, where it should be RANGERS and not NEW YORK.

I also still wish NHL teams wore white at home with the occasional switch, but that's for one of the kajillion other threads on that matter.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also, 85 is a dumb anniversary to go all out for. 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 I could see. 85? Who cares?

The Rangers are anticipating a second cancelled season destroying the NHL before they can hit 100.

Also, 85 is a dumb anniversary to go all out for. 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 I could see. 85? Who cares?

The Rangers are anticipating a second cancelled season destroying the NHL before they can hit 100.

Hopefully they'll be allowed to carry over their history when they join the KHL's North American Conference.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hopefully they'll be allowed to carry over their history when they join the KHL's North American Conference.

Believe it or not (if you want to count the "odd" anniversaries), they actually "celebrated" Madison Square Garden's 100th, 101st, and 102nd anniversary on the ice in the early 80s, I thought it was a weird sight at first but they did such a thing.

Believe it or not (if you want to count the "odd" anniversaries), they actually "celebrated" Madison Square Garden's 100th, 101st, and 102nd anniversary on the ice in the early 80s, I thought it was a weird sight at first but they did such a thing.

And wouldn't this be their 84th anniversary since there was no 04-05?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived