NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I actually agree that there's no reason for the old leaf to be on the shoulders of a modern jersey. It's one thing to have an alternate logo that compliments the primary, but in this case, the alternate actually competes with the primary, as they're simply different renderings of the same thing. There's no real good way to mix new and old on a jersey, and they should just keep the throwback stuff contained to that jersey, and build a solid identity around the Ballard leaf (that's what it's called, right?) on their primary jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually agree that there's no reason for the old leaf to be on the shoulders of a modern jersey. It's one thing to have an alternate logo that compliments the primary, but in this case, the alternate actually competes with the primary, as they're simply different renderings of the same thing. There's no real good way to mix new and old on a jersey, and they should just keep the throwback stuff contained to that jersey, and build a solid identity around the Ballard leaf (that's what it's called, right?) on their primary jerseys.

I agree with your logic, but I think this new jersey in more retro than modern.

It's the closest thing to the mid-90s versions (you know the GOOD YEARS?).

Something that could have been nice actually would have been to keep old on shoulders, and ditched the chest logo for a script or wordmark ala Wild or Stars.

Still is a nice upgrade from the most boring NHL jersey ever to grace our rinks. And the colour is really nice in person.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I don't think they're competing at all. The shoulder logo's just depicting the name of the team in a different yet brand-inclusive way as the primary. Which I'm sure is the point of the alternate logo.

Also, I do NOT like the Leafs shoulder patch. Clutters up the sweater and adds nothing. Its just a leaf for a team called the Leafs... we get it.

You miss the point of logos.

Plus the shoulder patch ties the primary set in with the throwback alternate.

oh really, a team called the Leafs need three leafs on their sweater...

Ok buddy

You might as well argue why Basketball teams put basketballs in their logos since we already know they're a basketball team. :P

Wild-1.jpg

Gawd, Minnesota, just keep making it worse. Ugh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I actually think the Penguins have one of the cleanest looks in the NHL. My only gripe is the Vegas Gold. That color needs to be replaced with Pittsburgh Gold as soon as possible.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Once again, the penguins put the patch on one shoulder instead of on the chest, where it'd look much, much better.

comeonmannnn.png?t=1285422464

Still saying it after 3 years: They really need some shoulder patches. This jersey is much too plain.

You complain that the team put a patch on the shoulder, then say they really need some shoulder patches?

Uh, yeah.

Once again, the penguins put the patch on one shoulder instead of on the chest, where it'd look much, much better.

comeonmannnn.png?t=1285422464

Still saying it after 3 years: They really need some shoulder patches. This jersey is much too plain.

You complain that the team put a patch on the shoulder, then say they really need some shoulder patches?

Uh, yeah.

The patch is only for the first season in the new rink. It'll be gone by the 2011-2012 season, so it's not a permanent solution to the logo-less shoulders.

%7Boption%7D

Uh, yeah.

The patch is only for the first season in the new rink. It'll be gone by the 2011-2012 season, so it's not a permanent solution to the logo-less shoulders.

I don't think that was the point, Capper. Maz bitched about the logo being on the shoulders, then said the Penguins needed shoulder patches. His argument would have made more sense if he stated "Wow, those patches look good on the shoulders, see how nice regular shoulder patches would look for the Pens?"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Uh, yeah.

I don't think that was the point, Capper. Maz bitched about the logo being on the shoulders, then said the Penguins needed shoulder patches. His argument would have made more sense if he stated "Wow, those patches look good on the shoulders, see how nice regular shoulder patches would look for the Pens?"

Probably.

Either way it looks awful here. They need to move it up some more.

Archived