NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Could they not have sprung for some shoes for the caps jersey unveiling? :rolleyes:

Also, old out of shape alumni should never be shown in full gear. It just looks sad. Have them throw on the jersey over a dress shirt and some nice pants. Lets try to keep up the old dude's dignity.

this. Thought it was funny that Ovie sprung for some flip flops but ole Rod decided to go barefoot. Coulda gotten Mike Gartner to model, I think hes still in good shape unlike Langway and Labre.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HORRIBLE.

There's a reason they changed uniforms and rebranded. Sometimes, older is not automatically better.

You do know that this is for the Winter Classic, during which teams normally wear throwbacks, which is the reason for them unveiling this, right? Even then, it's only going to be worn somewhat sporadically over the season. Not like this is replacing anything.

It still looks like crap. All three players look like fat football linemen in that picture. If anything, it shows that the modernization Washington made really helped their look.

I'll disagree with you and say those are almost perfect. Get rid of that stupid edge curve and make it like a real hockey jersey and it's fine. Now why do they look like football players, maybe because the only padding they have on is the shoulder pads.

Went to Kettler Capitals Iceplex this morning to see if they had any Winter Classic gear. They had the standard Winter Classic logo t-shirts and hats; not much else until later in the week. One of the staffers at the Caps Team Store, who worked the Capitals Convention yesterday, said that the Winter Classic player t-shirts are far superior to the Winter Classic jerseys.

Some interesting LA Kings prototype jerseys have been leaked. These need to be donned as soon as possible. The current black and purple ones have run their course.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/10/6/sneak-peek-at-la-prototypes.html

KingsPrototypes2010.jpg

No. Stay as far away from the black and silver as possible. They will be wearing their perfect jerseys 5 times this year starting with Saturday night against Vancouver.

I liked those purple jerseys as well, but what was the point of the silver bib around the collar? It just seemed really random to me since they didn't use it on their other jerseys and the third was petty much the same template. That being said, I prefer the coat of arms logo as opposed to just the crown.

I still think this was one of their best third jerseys:

LA-Los-Angeles-Kings-Purple-Alternate-Third-Jersey-1999-2002.jpg

I happen to be wearing a Ziggy Palffy one of those jerseys as I write this (including the all-star patch but not the AM patch), and I can tell you these things are a hot mess. There's too many stripes. Gray AND silver? This is a too many bumper stickers situation where tons of elements should be outright removed, especially around the shoulder stripes.

and to answer the inevitable question of why I own one, let alone wear it, is because I like collecting ugly, forgotten hockey jerseys and letting them see the light of day to see who remembers them lol

Also, this is the mockup I sent icethetics concerning the Kings' prototypes:

kingsleakedwhitemockupcompilationcopy.jpg?t=1286434325

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You know, the more I see the Kings' black/silver thirds, the more I wish they'd switch to these and the color scheme full-time. All they'd need to do is put the current crown logo on the chest instead of the alt LA shield. Oh, and get rid of the white armpits.

I think it's obvious they are going to transition back to that color scheme eventually. I think they look good, but it's too bad that they don't use purple as their primary color. They're the only team in the league with that color, use that, their are plenty of black jerseys in the NHL. I think something like this would work well for them, and be unique:

LosAngeles.png

They're commemorating 40 years of competition against the Canucks?

lo f'n l.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They're commemorating 40 years of competition against the Canucks?

lo f'n l.

I think it was just a way to get those beauts into action as early as possible. Don't read too much into press releases.

The Canucks' very first game in 1970 was a home game against the Kings -- a game which the Kings won.

Archived