NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some guy on hfboards is going around saying that he has seen the new Blue Jackets thirds and that there is no red to be found, they will wear navy shells over the regular red pants, and that they're going with a navy blue with a "lighter blue" used as accompanying trim.

I hope to god that he's wrong, but in my head I'm thinking "Oh god guys, you're going to make the same damn mistake as the god damn Florida mother *&$@ing Panthers. :cursing: "

Alright, there's one way I think this can work, and that's with the lighter blue the team used in the stinger logo, and the one that you used in your concept. That said though, this will sure be interesting (and hopefully could lead to the navy shells being worn full-time, specifically on the road.

6fQjS3M.png

malkin-wc-jersey1.jpg

They seem to look better on the player than hanging up. That said, the stripes could stand to be thinner (or knock off one or two of them), and they should've probably used a different font all around. But really, as far as fauxbacks go, this isn't all that bad. When I first saw mockups like this I hated it too, but they've grown on me. My distaste comes in the wasted potential they had with the many other actual jerseys the penguins have worn.

oBIgzrL.png

malkin-wc-jersey1.jpg

They seem to look better on the player than hanging up. That said, the stripes could stand to be thinner (or knock off one or two of them), and they should've probably used a different font all around. But really, as far as fauxbacks go, this isn't all that bad. When I first saw mockups like this I hated it too, but they've grown on me. My distaste comes in the wasted potential they had with the many other actual jerseys the penguins have worn.

I like the stripes. They're different and the thin yellow stripes provide just the right amount of the color without being obnoxious. It's still a navy / light blue jersey with yellow trim, as opposed to a navy / light blue / yellow jersey.

I also like the pants stripes, though the yellow should probably be thinner.

What I don't like is that the crest has none of the colors of the rest of the jersey. The black clashes with the navy, the "athletic gold" clashes with the pale yellow, and there's no light blue. Since it's a "faux back", they could have taken some liberties and modified it a bit to make it match (obviously the actual bird should remain black though.) For a one-off that's not billed as an actual "throwback", I like it a lot.

I'll agree that they had better ideas to work with - any of the diagonally-lettered jerseys would have been great - even the "Snoop Dog" black one (which I think they are damn fools for ever getting rid of.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For once, we agree. (Mostly. I like the logo as it is, clashing and all.)

Another thing I've noticed to be a little bit annoying is the off-white color they use. If they had used white, it would look better, IMO.

So much for that - I like the off white, especially the numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll agree that they had better ideas to work with - any of the diagonally-lettered jerseys would have been great - even the "Snoop Dog" black one (which I think they are damn fools for ever getting rid of.)

Agreed. Apparently Mario doesn't like the diagonal lettering.

Archived