NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Great, so there's a line of retired numbers highlighting the player's crotch. Neat-o. That kind of stuff either belongs on the inside back collar or inside rear hem. It look profoundly silly front-and-center - even worse than the "Los Angeles" adorning the front of the Kings' jerseys.

Even without that gaudy bit, it's a plain and uninspired fauxback. Lady Liberty should have made a comeback.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The string on numbers are actually on the inside of the rear hem. The front hem in that photo is just tucked under to show the numbers. Thank God. It's a nice, simple jersey and if those numbers were on the outside of the front hem it would have completely ruined it.

Also of note, the jersey looks like it uses standard white and not the "vintage white" that Reebok and the NHL seems to be so fond of lately. Interesting because the 85th anniversary logo as we've seen it up to this point uses vintage white but the shoulder patch version, along with striping and outlines, looks like it's done in standard white.

EDIT:

I just went on the nhl.com shop and in the pictures they have it looks like the jersey has vintage white. But in some of those photos in the Ranger's photo gallery linked above it looks clearly to be bright white.

Also, I think it's kinda lame that you can only get the sleeve patch, script inside the collar, and inside hem #s if you buy the jersey from the MSG store.

If the Columbus Blue Jackets can last another 11 days and 3 hours, they will be the first and only team this year who didn't get slippery fingers, leading to a leak. Maybe they will do it, but I'm the impatient type so I hope it leaks ASAP.

What I'd really absolutely *love* would be for the team to honor its franchise roots by switching teams with Minnesota. Bring back the North Stars and let Texas have the Dallas Wild (or some other name if they prefer).

This is starting to become as tired as people who say that Utah and New Orleans should switch their names (NBA) and that the Lakers and T-Wolves should do a swap. It's just not going to happen. The North Stars moved to Dallas, right or wrong, and that's that. The Wild are a brand new franchise with a new history, it wouldn't make sense to suddenly start calling them the North Stars.

Yep. Well aware that it's not going to, and never would happen. It's not even a serious "suggestion." Calm down.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The string on numbers are actually on the inside of the rear hem. The front hem in that photo is just tucked under to show the numbers. Thank God. It's a nice, simple jersey and if those numbers were on the outside of the front hem it would have completely ruined it.

Thank God is right, that really would've been an embarrassment, especially for a team with such a classy identity as the Rangers.

That being said...decent look for the Rangers, glad to see that the Sean Avery leak turned out to be true. I've always wanted to see the Rangers wear a NEW YORK script on the front.

Random observations from the games I caught tonight:

The Sabres classic logo is just that, but I'm not so sure I actually like their navy sweaters. I am sure the white piping on the front looks stupid.

The Vancouver/Toronto game was, from a uniform standpoint, very aesthetically pleasing. I'm finally sold on the Canucks' colors; they're pretty nice. The only thing they need to do is get rid of the orca (which I never particularly hated, but...) and replace it with the full, skating Johnny Canuck.

And from the highlights:

Atlanta's home monstrosities are the so vile. Wow. How can one team have the two worst jerseys in the league? Just contract the team already. Please. Or keep the light blue and move to Quebec City.

Phoenix's logo, colors, and uniforms are actually very respectable. That'll be the one loss if they move back to Winnipeg (And just to be clear: by that I don't mean the Jets would be/were bad.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Anyone notice that the Predators wear the home/away pants with their alternate uniforms now?

The pants they wore last year with the alternates had a cool fanged "NP" logo on the front of the right pant leg. Now its gone. :cry:

As well I noticed that the Coyotes have some sort of sticker/logo on the right back portion of the helmets. Does anyone know what it is?

The Catch of the Day!

Hate the Rangers, but love that heritage jersey.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

As well I noticed that the Coyotes have some sort of sticker/logo on the right back portion of the helmets. Does anyone know what it is?

It's the initials "JN" in a circle.

It's for Jukka Nieminen, who served as the massage therapist for the Coyotes and the Jets for 17 seasons. He died suddenly and unexpectedly over the summer, and the team wanted to honor him for his long time with the franchise. The training staff also has the patch on one of their arms.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It was just for warm-ups, but the Blackhawks wore a camo jersey last night...

57534435.jpg

I just wanted to say that the black pants the 'Hawks wear with their throwback alternates are my favourites in all of hockey.

Did anyone else notice that the guy on the ice doesn't have the little triangles on his pants?

They are probably just wearing shells over their normal pants..

Shells can make an old pant look brand new

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-9K-10K-Reebok-hockey-pant-shell-Senators-XL-rare-/300491122615?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item45f6aaa7b7#ht_2362wt_1139

Just seems odd that if he was wearing a shell that they would design them wrong

Actually they are real pants. You can see the zipper on the inside of the guys leg which is a feature companies don't include on shells. Also, often times you can see the actual pants underneath as the shells do ride up. After looking at some more game photos, it seems to me that the problem lies with the manufacturer (eagle) who was formerly under the name tackla. They used to be manufactured by Vaughn Canada, although I'm not sure if this changed after eagle bought out tackla.

Also, just so you know, the ebay link you posted isn't of an actual pant shell. It is a special shell that was meant to work with reeboks three piece pant. The idea behind it was to have all of the pads attach tight to your body, independently, to allow for a better fit and range of motion similar to a girdle pant. These pants had a really big durability issue and aren't used much anymore.

Is that "Eagle" the same Eagle that made the Flyers jerseys in the early-mid '80s? I thought that was a local company, but maybe it wasn't. I remember Tackla - they had the diamond logo, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is that "Eagle" the same Eagle that made the Flyers jerseys in the early-mid '80s? I thought that was a local company, but maybe it wasn't.

No, they aren't the same company. The current Eagle Hockey company is actually located here in London, Ontario. I've only had experience with their goalie equipment, and I'm not a fan.

I remember Tackla - they had the diamond logo, right?

Yep. They also made cheap-looking mesh sweaters.

Actually they are real pants. You can see the zipper on the inside of the guys leg which is a feature companies don't include on shells. Also, often times you can see the actual pants underneath as the shells do ride up. After looking at some more game photos, it seems to me that the problem lies with the manufacturer (eagle) who was formerly under the name tackla. They used to be manufactured by Vaughn Canada, although I'm not sure if this changed after eagle bought out tackla.

Also, just so you know, the ebay link you posted isn't of an actual pant shell. It is a special shell that was meant to work with reeboks three piece pant. The idea behind it was to have all of the pads attach tight to your body, independently, to allow for a better fit and range of motion similar to a girdle pant. These pants had a really big durability issue and aren't used much anymore.

Yeah.. I realized it after I posed it but I was beat after playing my own game and went to sleep.

Archived