NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I like the retired numbers and all, but I think that it's a little too tacky on the front. IMO it would look better on the back.

The numbers aren't on the front.

Edit:

The string on numbers are actually on the inside of the rear hem. The front hem in that photo is just tucked under to show the numbers. Thank God. It's a nice, simple jersey and if those numbers were on the outside of the front hem it would have completely ruined it.

Also of note, the jersey looks like it uses standard white and not the "vintage white" that Reebok and the NHL seems to be so fond of lately. Interesting because the 85th anniversary logo as we've seen it up to this point uses vintage white but the shoulder patch version, along with striping and outlines, looks like it's done in standard white.

EDIT:

I just went on the nhl.com shop and in the pictures they have it looks like the jersey has vintage white. But in some of those photos in the Ranger's photo gallery linked above it looks clearly to be bright white.

Also, I think it's kinda lame that you can only get the sleeve patch, script inside the collar, and inside hem #s if you buy the jersey from the MSG store.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the Canucks vs. Sabres and the slug is still hanging from the screen at the HSBC Arena. Eww.

Yep

That is because the Slug is still alive and well as a secondary logo along with all the logos from the 2006 rebrand. You would think that after all the negative backlash and all the headaches involved with rebranding that they would at least have the sense to bury the damn thing for good... But then again this the Buffalo Sabres were talking about, an organization clueless to the point where it actually uses VCR's to scout players. Maybe we were expecting too much...

Anyone else slightly disappointed that the Canucks didn't wear their 40th jerseys and the Sabres didn't wear their 3rds? Would have looked pretty damn sweet if they did.

Agreed! They're expansion brothers paired together for life just like Islanders/Flames, Devils(Scouts)/Capitals, Lightning/Senators, Ducks/Panthers and Wild/Jackets.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

So I had the opportunity to take a close look at the New York Rangers Alternate Jerseys today and I was able to make a few observations:

1. "Established 1926" is printed on the inside of the back of the collar - can only be seen when jersey is not worn.

2. The retired numbers are NOT printed or stitched onto the replica - anywhere.

3. Does not come with the 85th Anniversary patch... and looks amazing without it.

4. Uses an off-white colour for the stripes, collar, laces, etc.

Overall, this is a great looking jersey and one that I hope they keep past this season.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So I had the opportunity to take a close look at the New York Rangers Alternate Jerseys today and I was able to make a few observations:

1. "Established 1926" is printed on the inside of the back of the collar - can only be seen when jersey is not worn.

3. Does not come with the 85th Anniversary patch... and looks amazing without it.

Overall, this is a great looking jersey and one that I hope they keep past this season.

As far as I knew, only the ones sold at MSG would have the "upgrades." Everyone else just got the plain jersey with no patches or embroidery.

As far as I knew, only the ones sold at MSG would have the "upgrades." Everyone else just got the plain jersey with no patches or embroidery.

That would make sense, much like how you could only get the 100th Patch on jerseys bought in Montreal... Good to know!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Anyone else slightly disappointed that the Canucks didn't wear their 40th jerseys and the Sabres didn't wear their 3rds? Would have looked pretty damn sweet if they did.

I didn't think about it at all at the time, but I think it would have been a great idea.

Just watching the Canucks vs. Sabres and the slug is still hanging from the screen at the HSBC Arena. Eww.

Yep

That is because the Slug is still alive and well as a secondary logo along with all the logos from the 2006 rebrand. You would think that after all the negative backlash and all the headaches involved with rebranding that they would at least have the sense to bury the damn thing for good... But then again this the Buffalo Sabres were talking about, an organization clueless to the point where it actually uses VCR's to scout players. Maybe we were expecting too much...

I'd say the Sabres have drafted pretty well over the past few years: Myers, Ennis, Adam, Kassian, Enroth. But, yes, Larry Quinn is clueless about burying the slug.

Apparently some guys over on HFBoards have been speculating the Jackets third jersey might be grey...

It's red! No, wait, gray! No, it's two-tone blue, with a neon green cannonball!

Unbelievable that the Jackets have kept whatever it is they'll be wearing under wraps. Kudos to them. And, wild guess here, the sheer stupidity of a team named after Union soldiers wearing gray wouldn't be lost on the organization. So I'm willing to eliminate that little bit of speculation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If it's gray then I can promise that I will not only never buy this jersey, but I will also never attend a game in which the jersey is worn. That would be beyond retarded and so would red or neon green like so many of the idiotic hfboards posters are calling for.

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a "slate" blue color based off of the graphic they have on their website right now. Think Minnesota Timberwolves or Seattle Seahawks. That wouldn't be too terrible and if they pair it with navy blue and red then that would even come out looking pretty good. Also here's to hoping the cannon logo doesn't suck.

Those Rangers alts are pretty sweet. I've long wished that they would go back to using a transversal "NEW YORK" on their road jerseys like they had in the 80's.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived