NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

If it's gray then I can promise that I will not only never buy this jersey, but I will also never attend a game in which the jersey is worn. That would be beyond retarded and so would red or neon green like so many of the idiotic hfboards posters are calling for.

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a "slate" blue color based off of the graphic they have on their website right now. Think Minnesota Timberwolves or Seattle Seahawks. That wouldn't be too terrible and if they pair it with navy blue and red then that would even come out looking pretty good. Also here's to hoping the ]cannon logo doesn't suck.

I'm hoping that the cannon logo was the same logo leaked on the toy mask earlier.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Rangers alts are pretty sweet. I've long wished that they would go back to using a transversal "NEW YORK" on their road jerseys like they had in the 80's.

I agree, but here's what I see happening. In a few seasons they'll decide to go make the alt the primary home and they'll redesign the road white to match. The road white will feature the "RANGERS" script. We'll be left with a home sweater that says NEW YORK and a road sweater that says RANGERS.

I started watching NHL games in the mid '80s when I found out that I could move the TV antenna in such a way that I would get Rangers games on the NY station (9 I think?), so I'd try to watch all of the Rangers/Flyers games (most Flyers games at that time were broadcast on PPV cable, and we didn't even have regular-ass cable.)

This was right around the time that Bob Frose had his locally-famous melt down on the ice at the Spectrum and demanded a trade to the Rangers. I am certain that I remember seeing Frose play goal for the Rangers in a blue sweater that said "New York" in the same style as the regular white home sweaters. Did they have a blue NY sweater back in the '80s? Or am I imagining things?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I started watching NHL games in the mid '80s when I found out that I could move the TV antenna in such a way that I would get Rangers games on the NY station (9 I think?), so I'd try to watch all of the Rangers/Flyers games (most Flyers games at that time were broadcast on PPV cable, and we didn't even have regular-ass cable.)

This was right around the time that Bob Frose had his locally-famous melt down on the ice at the Spectrum and demanded a trade to the Rangers. I am certain that I remember seeing Frose play goal for the Rangers in a blue sweater that said "New York" in the same style as the regular white home sweaters. Did they have a blue NY sweater back in the '80s? Or am I imagining things?

They did, from 1978-87

Rangers27.png

I wonder what the New York would look like on the white (now) road jersey actually on the ice (not just a cut-copy-pasted graphic.) I think I would support them making that change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree, but here's what I see happening. In a few seasons they'll decide to go make the alt the primary home and they'll redesign the road white to match. The road white will feature the "RANGERS" script. We'll be left with a home sweater that says NEW YORK and a road sweater that says RANGERS.

I don't think that will actually happen. But I do feel they dropped the ball by not putting the Statue of Liberty logo as the other shoulder patch.

Also I believe the only reason they have 'New York' is for historical reasons, if they did in fact make a change the home would say Rangers and the road would be New York.

The era that they are based off of the dark was the road.

I think that's it, but who am I?

FWIW, I've heard from at least a half-dozen retailers around the Greater Vancouver Area that after this season, "The whale is dead." I'll go ahead and assume that this means the stick-in-rink will be back full-time, with a Johnny Canuck alternate.

If they can tweak the current navy SIRs to allow for home and road versions, along with the V on the sleeves from the 40th anniversary jerseys, I'll be a happy pappy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think that's it, but who am I?

FWIW, I've heard from at least a half-dozen retailers around the Greater Vancouver Area that after this season, "The whale is dead." I'll go ahead and assume that this means the stick-in-rink will be back full-time, with a Johnny Canuck alternate.

If they can tweak the current navy SIRs to allow for home and road versions, along with the V on the sleeves from the 40th anniversary jerseys, I'll be a happy pappy.

They need to make the skating Johnny Canuck the primary yesterday. That logo is too good to go unused, save the alternate helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's a fun logo, but every time I look at it up close, it's just not a major-league logo. It's just a hair this side of cute.

If the Moose were to change their name to Canucks and use that, then okay; I just can't see the Canucks using it full-time.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think Johnny Canucks head, without the V would look nice, the whole body I think would just look awkward. I would say put a circle around it like letterform did a while back, but I wouldn't want to Canucks too follow that trend.

I think the circle would be fine, provided it didn't come with the team name around the circle, or a double-blue motif.

I, like Don Taylor, hold out hope for a blue/green version of the flying V.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

ANAHEIM DUCKS 2010-11 THIRD JERSEY DATES

Friday, Nov. 26 vs. Chicago (1:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 3 vs. Detroit (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 10 vs. Calgary (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Monday, Dec. 20 at Boston (4:30 p.m. PST, VERSUS/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 31 vs. Philadelphia (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Jan. 7 vs. Columbus (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Jan. 16 vs. Edmonton (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Thursday, Jan. 20 at Toronto (4 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 2 vs. San Jose (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 16 vs. Washington (7:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Feb. 25 vs. Minnesota (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Mar. 4 vs. Dallas (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Mar. 9 vs. NY Rangers (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Mar. 20 vs. Calgary (5:05 p.m. PDT, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Apr. 8 vs. Los Angeles (7:05 p.m. PDT, KDOC/AM 830)

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5443...vid=DL|ANA|home

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived