NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANAHEIM DUCKS 2010-11 THIRD JERSEY DATES

Friday, Nov. 26 vs. Chicago (1:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 3 vs. Detroit (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 10 vs. Calgary (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Monday, Dec. 20 at Boston (4:30 p.m. PST, VERSUS/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 31 vs. Philadelphia (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Jan. 7 vs. Columbus (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Jan. 16 vs. Edmonton (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Thursday, Jan. 20 at Toronto (4 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 2 vs. San Jose (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 16 vs. Washington (7:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Feb. 25 vs. Minnesota (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Mar. 4 vs. Dallas (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Mar. 9 vs. NY Rangers (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Mar. 20 vs. Calgary (5:05 p.m. PDT, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Apr. 8 vs. Los Angeles (7:05 p.m. PDT, KDOC/AM 830)

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5443...vid=DL|ANA|home

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. I actually have tickets to tomorrow's game and the Friday, April 8 game against the Kings. I like the uniforms if they are what's been leaked. I just hope they don't have the horrible, cutesy font that are on their normal uniforms.

I think Johnny Canucks head, without the V would look nice, the whole body I think would just look awkward. I would say put a circle around it like letterform did a while back, but I wouldn't want to Canucks too follow that trend.

I agree with you that the just the body would slightly awkward. I don't think they can go with just the head minus the V either because it would look too similar to the Vancouver Giants logo. Now, that's a great logo. Since people seem to detest the circle, how about a shield with the arms and legs sticking out (or inside). Add some mountains/trees/water inside the shield in a way that you wouldn't know they were there unless you really looked hard. Either way, as long as the whale is dead, I'm happy.

ANAHEIM DUCKS 2010-11 THIRD JERSEY DATES

Friday, Nov. 26 vs. Chicago (1:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 3 vs. Detroit (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 10 vs. Calgary (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Monday, Dec. 20 at Boston (4:30 p.m. PST, VERSUS/AM 830)

Friday, Dec. 31 vs. Philadelphia (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Jan. 7 vs. Columbus (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Jan. 16 vs. Edmonton (5:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Thursday, Jan. 20 at Toronto (4 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 2 vs. San Jose (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Wednesday, Feb. 16 vs. Washington (7:05 p.m. PST, FS West/AM 830)

Friday, Feb. 25 vs. Minnesota (7:05 p.m. PST, KDOC/AM 830)

Friday, Mar. 4 vs. Dallas (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Wednesday, Mar. 9 vs. NY Rangers (7:05 p.m. PST, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Sunday, Mar. 20 vs. Calgary (5:05 p.m. PDT, PRIME TICKET/AM 830)

Friday, Apr. 8 vs. Los Angeles (7:05 p.m. PDT, KDOC/AM 830)

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5443...vid=DL|ANA|home

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. I actually have tickets to tomorrow's game and the Friday, April 8 game against the Kings. I like the uniforms if they are what's been leaked. I just hope they don't have the horrible, cutesy font that are on their normal uniforms.

Yeah I'll be at the game tomorrow as well, whatever games are over winter break, and I'm definitely making back to SoCal for that season ending, back to back, home and home with the Kings (Could be Teemu Selanne's final two regular season games)

I think it's interesting that they will be wearing them twice on the road. At Toronto and at Boston. I would assume when they are at Toronto, the Maple Leafs would wear their 3rds. But the game at Boston seems weird, since the Bruins 3rd is black and their Winter Classic jersey is yellow. It seems weird the Ducks would force the Bruins to wear white at home, but it is the Ducks one appearance on Versus this season.

Other than that, the schedule for it is quite random.

And I'm gonna guess they go ahead and use the same font. I've tried playing around with the colors of the numbers and the outline, and the numbers will probably stay white and possibly change the outline color from gold to orange, but it seems unlikely. It would definitely be nice to see a new font though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On it's own, the Ducks alt looks vibrant and colorful. When worn with the overall uniform, it looks like a typical Reebok mess.

There was talk when it leaked about how it should be the new permanent home jersey. What happened to that theory, eh?

That PDF gives us a better closeup look of the jersey.

It's not using the metallic gold material that the regular uniforms do. Not that I have a problem with that.

The socks... well, they're growing on me I like them too. This uniform as a whole is a lot more vibrant that the regular jerseys, and I like that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The side stripes don't look as bad as they did on the leaked pics.

The D works as a primary crest, I like it.

Not a fan of the Mighty Ducks logo returning.

All in all it's a nice third sweater, and they deserve some recognition for making an alternate the same colour as the primary yet keeping it distinct. It's not a double blue fauxback logo with a vintage style circular crest. That alone makes it one of the better recent designs.

Thanks, Morgo. What a cobbled-together mess. It's almost as though they designed it by only looking at a flat front view and never realized just how crazy looking the sides would look. It looks almost like their armpits are disney-esque rocket engines. Plus the tacked-on orange of the socks? This has to be on the lower end of third jerseys unveiled this year.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The side panels seem to work here in a way that the Flames' similar side panels don't. I wonder why that is.

As for the socks, why the hate? They don't feature crappy EDGE striping. In fact that pattern seems rather tame/traditional compared to what we see with the sweater.

Archived