wesdog82

NHL 2010-2011

Don't think I've ever seen such a mixed bag of overall reactions. It's either better than the regular set or it's a black and orange mess.

Put me in the "it's better than the regular set" camp. Not that I think the regular set is horrible, because I don't.

It could certainly be better (for one, ditch the kiddie shoulder patches) but they're really on the right track with this one. Now replace the black with Dark Green...

Fixed that for you.

That'd work too.

Are the BJ's winless in their thirds?

As has been stated, yes they are.

And I'm kind of already regretting buying this thing (and it's not even here). The team can't win in them, and they don't look anywhere near as good as I thought they first did a week and a half ago. Blah.

This has probably been mentioned, but I think CBJ would look much better if the socks had creme instead of white, the jerseys have no white, why do the socks?

It's been just over a week since its official release, but I've already got my mits on a replica Premier Ducks third, imported from IceJerseys in Quebec (take that, NHL.com shop, for making it a "restricted" item). I'm very likely the first, if not the only person in the UK - or the rest of Europe for that matter - to own one of these things :lol:

Incase anybody's interested, I may take some photos of it to post up here later. Provided I can get enough of this university work out of the way first.

yes please post photos. I want to buy one as well so your photos will help

thanks

It's been just over a week since its official release, but I've already got my mits on a replica Premier Ducks third, imported from IceJerseys in Quebec (take that, NHL.com shop, for making it a "restricted" item). I'm very likely the first, if not the only person in the UK - or the rest of Europe for that matter - to own one of these things :lol:

Incase anybody's interested, I may take some photos of it to post up here later. Provided I can get enough of this university work out of the way first.

Yes Please.

If you could take some photos of the side panels, im curious how they end

I gotta say that I am baffled that so many of you guys like the Ducks third jerseys. To me, they are the ugliest uniforms going in the NHL right now. Uniform opinions are subjective I guess.

I gotta say that I am baffled that so many of you guys like the Ducks third jerseys. To me, they are the ugliest uniforms going in the NHL right now. Uniform opinions are subjective I guess.

Its hard to explain, really. Especially considering that I hate the Flames' similar side panels. I just think, for whatever reason, most of the elements just work together. Disney-era logo aside :P

I won't say it's better then the primary sweaters though. It's fine as an alternate, but that's all.

OK, so here they are. Please excuse the crappy quality of the photos. I've also posted links to most of them to save you all the trouble of scrolling.

Firstly, the front shot. Notice that the jock tag is a lot closer to the middle - and that's only because this is a size S jersey.

front.jpg

From a distance, the logo may look as if it's been made with a flat, shiny gold material, but looking closer reveals that it's made exactly the same way as on the other jerseys: Jersey Crest

Next up is the back shot - notice that this jersey lacks the tail/bib thing that Edge jerseys usually have.

Here's the side panelling

Interestingly with this third jersey, they opted out of using the metallic gold material that's used on the regular set, and instead went for a flat version of it. I think it looks better in person, but here's a comparison with the home jersey's sleeve.

The collar is basically the same as that on the regular jerseys, but with the colours swapped around a bit.

And finally, best of all:

yay.jpg

'Nuff Said. :P

I'd like to see him on a thrid jersey in a circle prehaps.

Don't forget to drop the green and add light blue.

you forgot the cheeseball addition of a lace-up collar

take the same picture of that shoulder logo after you've washed that thing a couple times

Those cheesy shoulder patches are why I refuse to buy an NHL replica.

And those ducks jerseys are hideous. They remind me of my grandmother's basement with the dustiest burnt orange shag carpeting you've ever seen and faded faux wood paneling on the walls. Gross. They look even worse with the orange socks. Still baffled some of you guys like them so much.

take the same picture of that shoulder logo after you've washed that thing a couple times

thats y u take Jerseys to the Dry Cleaners....never have a prob with my jerseys bc of it

You guys wash your jerseys? 'the hell is wrong with you? :blink:

^_^

saw highlights of the Penguins-Blue Jackets game where the jackets wore their thirds. the "vintage white" looked rather gold in the lighting, and the blue looked almost black. It reminded me a lot of the Chilliwack Bruins (or a vegas gold/athletic gold swap of the Boston Bruins). Really has made me think a lot less of that jersey...would be a lot better with simply regular white.

saw highlights of the Penguins-Blue Jackets game where the jackets wore their thirds. the "vintage white" looked rather gold in the lighting, and the blue looked almost black. It reminded me a lot of the Chilliwack Bruins (or a vegas gold/athletic gold swap of the Boston Bruins). Really has made me think a lot less of that jersey...would be a lot better with simply regular white.

It's funny that you see Chilliwack in Columbus considering that the C-Bruins wear the exact same jersey as the Penguins, save for a color swap on the lower sleeve.

Next up is the back shot - notice that this jersey lacks the tail/bib thing that Edge jerseys usually have.

That's because you have a replica.

The other two I own are replicas, and they have the tail/bib thing. Or ar least, it's more rounded on those two than it is on this third jersey.

Those cheesy shoulder patches are why I refuse to buy an NHL replica.

Same here.

Jersey Enthusiasts dont blow $130.00 on jerseys only to have them bastardized with cheap plastic shoulder patches that look like crap after only a few washes. I also find it laughable that they go to the trouble of actually stitching them on. I mean why bother? When they look that bad they might as well attach them with scotch tape...

On a more positive note, Replica's for the Flames Heritage Classic jerseys are on sale in the CCM 6100 cut with fully embroidered logos. :grin: I wish all replicas were given this treatment.

That's because you have a replica.

The other two I own are replicas, and they have the tail/bib thing. Or ar least, it's more rounded on those two than it is on this third jersey.

Same here. I own 3 "replica premier" jerseys and all of them have the rounded tail