NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at it more I like the 3rd jersey more than before. The color combo is good, and I have no problem with the piping or other design. Of course the shoulder logo should be switched with the "D," but that's it.

The primary jersey is the bad one. It's just drab and uninteresting. The road white is a little better, but not by that much. I'd like to see this 3rd jersey become the primary next season.

All that's left for this year are the All-Star game uniforms.

Then again, weren't the Panthers having a throwback night or something?

I have no doubt they'll screw that up. My money's on them wearing the 3rds for that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All that's left for this year are the All-Star game uniforms.

Then again, weren't the Panthers having a throwback night or something?

I have no doubt they'll screw that up. My money's on them wearing the 3rds for that.

Now why would you assume that? Just because every change this organization's ever made to their logos and uniforms has been a downgrade.

Next up is the back shot - notice that this jersey lacks the tail/bib thing that Edge jerseys usually have.

That's because you have a replica.

The other two I own are replicas, and they have the tail/bib thing. Or ar least, it's more rounded on those two than it is on this third jersey.

Perhaps this is a sign that Reebok is finally discarding this terrible and impractical design choice from their jerseys... We can only hope.

December 7th (today) VS Colorado, January 15th VS New Jersey, and March 17th VS Toronto, according to icethetics.

EDIT: Turns out they're just wearing the regular blue jersey tonight. :rolleyes:

Yep, sadly the Throwback Night merely involves reduced ticket prices and a few bits of nostalgic window dressing. Great choice in doing it against Colorado, though. The video highlights from that season will no doubt encourage anyone who bothers to show up to ask, "Hey, remember when both of these teams knew how to dress themselves?"

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No way the Panthers wear red jerseys, because that would give even more momentum to the fans' call for their return. And the org has clearly shown they have no intention of making fans happy in that regard. Even the tickets for the three throwback nights referenced in the icethetics post had the circle fauxback logo on it, despite using images of players in red.

I'd like to see him on a thrid jersey in a circle prehaps.

Don't forget to drop the green and add light blue.

you forgot the cheeseball addition of a lace-up collar

Haha! You're right. How could I have forgotten that? Might want to add some "vintage white," too, for good measure.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I gotta say that I am baffled that so many of you guys like the Ducks third jerseys. To me, they are the ugliest uniforms going in the NHL right now. Uniform opinions are subjective I guess.

I have to agree. I think the jersey on it's own is okay, but the uniform package is hideous. By far in my opinion the ugliest socks in the league.

untitled-6.jpg

No way the Panthers wear red jerseys, because that would give even more momentum to the fans' call for their return. And the org has clearly shown they have no intention of making fans happy in that regard.

Well, that's just Business 101. Never give your customers what they want.

saw highlights of the Penguins-Blue Jackets game where the jackets wore their thirds. the "vintage white" looked rather gold in the lighting, and the blue looked almost black. It reminded me a lot of the Chilliwack Bruins (or a vegas gold/athletic gold swap of the Boston Bruins). Really has made me think a lot less of that jersey...would be a lot better with simply regular white.

It's funny that you see Chilliwack in Columbus considering that the C-Bruins wear the exact same jersey as the Penguins, save for a color swap on the lower sleeve.

crap, you're right. I'm still not used to the CHL's edge jerseys. My thought process went Boston Bruins->vegas gold->Chilliwack uses a Bruins logo with vegas gold->they must have worn that at some point.

Yep, that's my bad.

Still...the vintage white looks terrible. Imagine if the Pens and Sabres went with it for the first Winter Classic, would have been a mess.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm not sure whether anyone has gotten their hands on them yet, but Reebok has gotten very cheap with their Winter Classic jerseys in regards to materials.

While both the Caps' and Pens' jerseys come with stitched, but glued WC patches, they are on a jersey that is a hybrid between the classic CCM sweaters and modern Edge (Edge collar, Pre-Edge hem - aka no side slits).

In addition, the material the jersey is made out of feels VERY cheap - it is a lighter, 'silkier' feeling air-knit material. While it may sound like a good thing, I assure you that it is not. It feels like the littlest snag in the fabric will cause it to disintegrate.

I have not seen anything like this until now and it has me very disappointed. Yes, it is cool that they didn't do the WC patch like they do shoulder patches, but it seems like that is the only spot (apart from the crests... and yes, Pittsburgh has the weird felt material that both Minnesota and Columbus use on their jerseys) that they spent money on.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed in Reebok with their efforts. Not only do the jerseys LOOK cheaper, they feel cheaper than their other lines. Although, if anyone has seen or felt their new "Hockey Heroes" line, the material is very close in feel... once again, not a good thing...

In case anyone is wondering... the customized version of the Pens' jersey has a single layer of twill... with the drop-shadow blue on the numbering painted on, make it look even cheaper.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm not sure whether anyone has gotten their hands on them yet, but Reebok has gotten very cheap with their Winter Classic jerseys in regards to materials.

While both the Caps' and Pens' jerseys come with stitched, but glued WC patches, they are on a jersey that is a hybrid between the classic CCM sweaters and modern Edge (Edge collar, Pre-Edge hem - aka no side slits).

In addition, the material the jersey is made out of feels VERY cheap - it is a lighter, 'silkier' feeling air-knit material. While it may sound like a good thing, I assure you that it is not. It feels like the littlest snag in the fabric will cause it to disintegrate.

I have not seen anything like this until now and it has me very disappointed. Yes, it is cool that they didn't do the WC patch like they do shoulder patches, but it seems like that is the only spot (apart from the crests... and yes, Pittsburgh has the weird felt material that both Minnesota and Columbus use on their jerseys) that they spent money on.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed in Reebok with their efforts. Not only do the jerseys LOOK cheaper, they feel like a big step down from their other lines.

In case anyone is wondering... the customized version of the Pens' jersey has a single layer of twill... with the drop-shadow blue on the numbering painted on, make it look even cheaper.

Sounds like they took a page out of the knock-off producers book and found that they CAN produce them for less with cheaper materials. However, they are still selling them at the same price. Sometimes I wonder who is really screwing the customer more.

70389454.png

the org has clearly shown they have no intention of making fans happy in that regard.

Which is weird, because Yormark is usually such a pimp. He's like some sort of Bizarro Universe John McDonough, existing solely to make money for the team while alienating the people who most want to part with theirs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

saw highlights of the Penguins-Blue Jackets game where the jackets wore their thirds. the "vintage white" looked rather gold in the lighting, and the blue looked almost black. It reminded me a lot of the Chilliwack Bruins (or a vegas gold/athletic gold swap of the Boston Bruins). Really has made me think a lot less of that jersey...would be a lot better with simply regular white.

It's funny that you see Chilliwack in Columbus considering that the C-Bruins wear the exact same jersey as the Penguins, save for a color swap on the lower sleeve.

crap, you're right. I'm still not used to the CHL's edge jerseys. My thought process went Boston Bruins->vegas gold->Chilliwack uses a Bruins logo with vegas gold->they must have worn that at some point.

Yep, that's my bad.

Still...the vintage white looks terrible. Imagine if the Pens and Sabres went with it for the first Winter Classic, would have been a mess.

Ahh, you're probably thinking of their pre-Edge jersey. That was this one:

bruinsmerch2034.jpg

That template was unique (non-NHL) but they had the Pens color combo. They went full on Pittsburgh when Edge came out.

Archived