XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The opening ceremony is amazing for introducing new technology with visual elements. Some of this stuff is breathtakingly awesome, well, all except for all the French getting thrown around, :lol: Silly Canadians...

French is the second official language of the IOC. So you get a good deal of French in any opening ceremony.

The opening ceremony is amazing for introducing new technology with visual elements. Some of this stuff is breathtakingly awesome, well, all except for all the French getting thrown around, :lol: Silly Canadians...

French is the second official language of the IOC. So you get a good deal of French in any opening ceremony Olympic event.

Fixed that for you...

Go canada!

No disrespect towards the Canadians on the boards, but dude you're American where is your pride and why are you rooting for Canada?

Well, my dads side of the family is Canadian, my pride, i really don't know, i just dont care for the US in sporting events.

EDIT: Why do you even care who I root for, I am (part) Canadian and proud, I dont like the USA half of the time anyway, sometimes I wish I could live in Calgary. But seriously, why do you even care? I like Canada and nothing, I mean NOTHING you say can change that.

If this was China, a thousand people would be getting shot behind the scenes as we watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Go canada!

No disrespect towards the Canadians on the boards, but dude you're American where is your pride and why are you rooting for Canada?

Well, my dads side of the family is Canadian, my pride, i really don't know, i just dont care for the US in sporting events.

EDIT: Why do you even care who I root for, I am (part) Canadian and proud, I dont like the USA half of the time anyway, sometimes I wish I could live in Calgary. But seriously, why do you even care? I like Canada and nothing, I mean NOTHING you say can change that.

Relax buddy. I literally cringe 80% of the time I read a post of yours, and your recent edit is a perfect example why.

If this was China, a thousand people would be getting shot behind the scenes as we watch.

This mistake never would've happened in China. Those pillars would've been CGI.

Go canada!

I'm not going to stand here and listen to you bad-mouth the United States of America!!!!

*hums "Star-Spangled Banner" and walks out the room*

Wait a minute.......

Are the ceremonies held in a dome? Why the heck is everyone wearing turtlenecks and gloves if it's indoors? :lol:

Well, it is cold outside.

That cauldron lighting could have been worse. The roof of the stadium could have fallen in again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived