NBA Skills Challenge logo

goforbroke

The ball in the 2010 Taco Bell Skills Challenge logo has the weird stripe pattern on the ball that was on that new ball that lasted half a season in 2006. I think the D-League might still use it. Anyone know why they put this ball on this year's logo? I hope its not a sign that they are thinking of a return. Both the ball itself (I've played with it and its horrible) and the stripes are terrible.

Its a new logo, and last year's logo didn't have that ball in it. This year's All Star Game logo also has the standard ball.

Best image of the logo I could find from NBA.com

SKILLS_T1.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Eh. That logo could be better, but could be much worse.

Will Stern and Co. realize that the fans and players (well, most of them) don't like this new ball design? I wish the designers would eliminate any shread of a reminder of those things.

Then again, the way Stern and the NFL's Goodell are treating their league's players' unions shows that they are members of the Illuminati; it's all about global domination. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I thought it was funny how the NBA adopted the "new ball" because it was supposed to offer a better feel and grip, and yet the reaction was completely the opposite... The micro-fiber ball caused cuts and was much more difficult to handle.

Oh god they really are terrible. My friend used to have one, theyve got a short lifespan too. The ball itself is so hard, even if you dont fill it up all the way. It has a really good grip when you dont want a good grip, like when youre just holding the ball. When you try to catch a pass or shoot, it slides off your fingers way too easily.

I dont mind the stripe pattern though

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Money Ball isn't part of the Skills Challenge. Unlike NHL, the Skills Challenge refers to just the obsticle coarse point guard event, not every event on Saturday night. The Skills Challenge is a seperate event from the Dunk Contest, 3-point contest, and shooting stars, all part of All-Star Saturday night. So that explanation doesn't really make sense.

Do you have any other All-Star (Dallas 2010) related logos? I write a blog and it would be great to have them all (being honest hehe), I don't need images wider than 600 px...

Celeb game, Rookie challange, D-League Dream factory, HORSE, Shooting stars, Skills challenge, 3 point and dunk

:D

If you do - great! I'm going all over the place on NBA.com and there's only PATHETIC 100x50 type of logos there, I don't get it why do they "hide" them

The Money Ball isn't part of the Skills Challenge. Unlike NHL, the Skills Challenge refers to just the obsticle coarse point guard event, not every event on Saturday night. The Skills Challenge is a seperate event from the Dunk Contest, 3-point contest, and shooting stars, all part of All-Star Saturday night. So that explanation doesn't really make sense.

OK...well, it sounded good anyway.

could we assume they will be dribbling this style of ball, brightly colored with taco bell logos, in the challenge then?

could we assume they will be dribbling this style of ball, brightly colored with taco bell logos, in the challenge then?

Even if they do use the ball in the event and not just the logo.... what does that mean? Are they thinking of bringing that style back to the NBA? I would hate it if they did. They must have some reasoning of using an outdated ball style in the event logo and/or event itself

They have the Ball for sale in the NBA Store, listed as the 2010 ASG Official Ball:

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3855468&cp=2834601.2836124.2710386.2195463.2977728&clickid=prod_cs

In the description is lists "The official ball, the same as used in the 3pt Shootout", so it seems they're only using them in the 3pt Challenge...

Archived