2010 New England Patriots

logoman

I think Pat looks more tired than focused/determined because of the detail under the eyes... but that's the only thing I could see that might need some tweaking....great job!!

Yeah that's the only criticism I have. The whole thing has been really well rendered but it's abundantly clear that one eye has been drawn and then flipped to create the other side. As a result the face is almost painfully symmetrical and kinda devoid of emotion. I'd look at changing up one of the eyes just slightly to help break that up and give the face a bit more character.

But I really like the idea and as I said the render is great. Where about did you get the T-shirt made and how long did it take and what was the price (if you dont mind me asking) the quality looks top notch!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like how you updated the details on the jacket, the boots, the shirt, etc. The updated colors look great. Very nice job.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

i love it. i give you an A on execution. the only thing i would change is the shadows under the feet and ball. im not sure if you should eliminate them or make them connected in a more realistic shadow, like the light is behind and above.

That didn't even bother me until you pointed it out. Now he looks like he's floating on some weird, Jetsons-type hovercraft.

That said... great excecution on this. Would love to see how it'd look on a helmet.

Tis a very good modernization of the classic logo, and you've done a good job bringing it into the current visual style employed by the Pats. I could see this as a secondary promotional logo, and people would eat up merchandise with that on it. I don't think it could work on a uni in partnership with the flying Elvis, but it's a great logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the words, everyone. I did ask for the good, bad and ugly but I have to take exception to elsephen's remarks. Did the designers who updated the Dolphins, Cardinals and Seahawks' logos create nothing? They did exactly what I did. They took an existing logo and updated it to fit with the current design trends. They, as well as I, did create something. If you look at some of the details (which I am surprised no one has commented on) such as the "NE" and the addition of the stars on the shoulders I think you will see that I did put some effort into this design.

Anyway, I made the t shirt because that is part of business and the hands are the part I struggled with the most. He's not actually wearing gloves it just comes across that way because of the similarity to Mickey Mouse hands - whichs bothers me greatly. I also tried a version with him being silver but he looked like a zombie. Instead of just posting a graphic of a helmet I put one together so you guys could see how it work in the real world. I used the Patriots' pants stripes from the 1970's as the helmet stripes to help tie the eras together.

2010_update_pics.png

Thanks for the words, everyone. I did ask for the good, bad and ugly but I have to take exception to elsephen's remarks. Did the designers who updated the Dolphins, Cardinals and Seahawks' logos create nothing? They did exactly what I did. They took an existing logo and updated it to fit with the current design trends. They, as well as I, did create something. If you look at some of the details (which I am surprised no one has commented on) such as the "NE" and the addition of the stars on the shoulders I think you will see that I did put some effort into this design.

Anyway, I made the t shirt because that is part of business and the hands are the part I struggled with the most. He's not actually wearing gloves it just comes across that way because of the similarity to Mickey Mouse hands - whichs bothers me greatly. I also tried a version with him being silver but he looked like a zombie. Instead of just posting a graphic of a helmet I put one together so you guys could see how it work in the real world. I used the Patriots' pants stripes from the 1970's as the helmet stripes to help tie the eras together.

2010_update_pics.png

That's a pretty easy fix in my opinion just get rid of the lines on the back of the hand and problem solved. Right now because they are so clean and sharp they are being "read" as the pleats you get on the back of white dress military gloves rather than as the tendons in the hand. Get rid of them and you remove that mis-reading problem, it wont make the hands any less hand like but it should stop people making the false connection to gloves.

Helmet looks fantastic, by the way I really like it. Wish I could get easy access to mini helmet parts over here there are a few designs I've done that I would love to see made up like that but getting all the stuff shipped to the UK can get crazy pricey.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Pretty nice. I say, "Why not use Tom Brady for the Pats logo?" Done well, as it's a great update on a great logo. The helmet ties in both the silver helmet and the modernized classic logo very well. I can't wait to see the jerseys.

BTW, Mickey Mouse gloves only have room for 4 fingers. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

So if every few years a team created a new look, that'd be weak- yet going back and forth and barely tweaking older designs is great?

No, I get the whole "identity" thing. I'm speaking as a designer now and not a sports nerd- is it more than just a better quality Pat? It wasn't a "redesign" really. That's my point.

And sorry, but creating new uniforms every 5 years wouldn't cause a product to fail if the product is the jersey of a football team. I'm not sure what you watch football for, but the average fan doesn't care one bit about the look of their team's jerseys or whether or not they ever change.

Soccer kits change every year or so... how's that sport doing?

Again, I think it looks nice. It's basically what the old one would had looked like in high definition.

Heh, I disagree here. I care about how my team's uniforms look. A lot of time, especially with kids, uniform designs are what attract them to the teams themselves, besides parental influence. I agree with you that creating a new look every couple of years is ridiculous. But, in certain cases, it's necessary if they're continuing to not get the job done on the designs year after year.

But, I see what you're saying. It's an old design that has not been revamped by too much. But, it's still better than the 1960s AFL-era logo by far.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I didn't even see the "NE" but that is cool.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

I just noticed the NE as well. I love it. A logo you can look at a few times and pick up some subtly is as good as a simple logo imho. It's like a song you can listen to over and over, recognize without problem, and still hear a few seconds of violin underneath the guitar after hearing it for the eighty-fiftieth time.

I think the hands could be fixed easily. I think the reason people are seeing them as gloves is because nothing hits them right away that makes them see it as a bare hand. If you added some fingernails (like the original Pat) and maybe something to show the knuckles or maybe the little wrinkles in the middle of the finger, to define it as a bare hand, I think the Mickey Mouse references would go away. Also, have you tried it out with a skin tone instead of the white?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I'm having trouble spotting the NE. Otherwise, this is really, really well done. Great job!

On the shirt, in between the 2 red lapels.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Love it. I wish I knew how to do uniform concepts (hell any concepts) because I am seeing that logo on a white helmet with the old stripe pattern but adjusted to match the colors. A jersey in the shade of blue of your t-shirt with the old shoulder stripes, and white pants with black shoes. That would look incredible.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks for the words, everyone. I did ask for the good, bad and ugly but I have to take exception to elsephen's remarks. Did the designers who updated the Dolphins, Cardinals and Seahawks' logos create nothing? They did exactly what I did.

Screw him. He's a rookie with 49 posts. Don't let him bother you. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Love it. I wish I knew how to do uniform concepts (hell any concepts) because I am seeing that logo on a white helmet with the old stripe pattern but adjusted to match the colors. A jersey in the shade of blue of your t-shirt with the old shoulder stripes, and white pants with black shoes. That would look incredible.

I am actually going to do two sets of uniforms. One that has the silver and one that doesn't. I did the design just using red, navy and white and it may look better than this one.

I am actually going to do two sets of uniforms. One that has the silver and one that doesn't. I did the design just using red, navy and white and it may look better than this one.

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived