Skedden

Personal Logo

Hey I'm kinda new here (in terms of posting, which I'll be doing more of) and I'll start by posting a logo I've made. In one of my classes we were told to make a logo, and I have made this, my teacher seemed to like it. I'm looking for feedback and constructive criticism on it.

Anyways here it is:

SteveSkedden_logo2-2.jpg

It's my initials S & S. It can get away with even being S2 which I also like

Very nice logo, well executed.

This looks awfully familiar though...

359515_SafeAuto_logo_rgb.jpg

I just wanna make it clear I didn't copy any other logo's when I made it, and also I've actually never ever seen that Safe Auto logo..

But I am thinking of altering my logo

I don't think that they were implying that you'd ripped it off. They were simply pointing out that somebody beat you to the punch.

The slight gap between the letters annoys the hell out of me. I would combine the letterforms and then see what you can do with the negative space that is formed to make it your own.

Thanks for the feedback, and this is what I came up with

SteveSkedden_logo_3-1.jpg

I originally had this circle around it but my teacher told me it I didn't need it so I took it out. It let's me have my name around the circle which I like

i like the last one, but i think the logo would be better if it was taller. especially in a circle.

I think that since there are several logos that do approximately the same thing you are doing, it is time to take a new take on things and take it further and really make it yours.