2010 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Jose Bautista has joined elite company and has finally hit Home-Run Number 50.

You mean 50*.

Jose is one of the good guys in baseball today. Listen to him in any interview, the guy is the most modest and humble guy out there. He's been tested all season and has passed all the tests with fying colours. So please for the good of everyone here STFU!

Well HGH still isn't tested for. Also, just because he is modest and humble doesn't mean he isn't using. I'd like to give him credit, but unfortunately MLB's lack of action in the past raises doubts now. I feel bad for him if he is clean. But unfortunately I'll probably always have suspicions. It's just so rare to see a guy go from fringe major leaguer to a 50 homerun player.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felix lost today and is now 12-12, I know it was a 1-0 loss not his fault, but come on is it too much to ask that a starting pitcher has a .600 win percentage at the very least to win a Cy Young.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll give you credit, dude. When you support a team or player, you really go to the wall for 'em. It's a bit annoying because you jump to conclusions and don't seem to consider opposing viewpoints for more than a nanosecond before you reply, but I respect the conviction. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm not even a Mariners fan, I just think Felix deserves the Cy Young for being so dominant with so little to work with, and being statistically the best pitcher in the American League. With the offense he has in Seattle, the fact that he's even at .500 is a minor miracle.

I'm always willing to consider opposing viewpoints, but when the opposing viewpoints are based on subjective things like pitcher win/loss and the unquantifiable effect of media pressure, it's pretty hard to consider those when the hard statistics are in Felix's corner.

That, and the alternative is a Yankee winning the Cy Young. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You mean 50*.

Jose is one of the good guys in baseball today. Listen to him in any interview, the guy is the most modest and humble guy out there. He's been tested all season and has passed all the tests with fying colours. So please for the good of everyone here STFU!

I can't help but think something's fishy here. The guy who hadn't hit 20 homers in a season before this suddenly hits 50? * it is.

YouAreSoDumb.gif

And, i guess to stay on topic. Rays are up 10-3 on the Yankees after a 7 run inning in like the 6th. So if they hold on for one more inning, the AL East race will be back to .5

Remaining schedules

Rays

3- Seattle

3- Baltimore

4- @Kansas City

Yankees

like,

3- Boston

3- @Toronto

3- @Boston

You mean 50*.

I can't help but think something's fishy here. The guy who hadn't hit 20 homers in a season before this suddenly hits 50? * it is.

YouAreSoDumb.gif

And, i guess to stay on topic. Rays are up 10-3 on the Yankees after a 7 run inning in like the 6th. So if they hold on for one more inning, the AL East race will be back to .5

Remaining schedules

Rays

3- Seattle

3- Baltimore

4- @Kansas City

Yankees

like,

3- Boston

3- Toronto

3- @Boston

Wow, Tampa should really win this race. Talk about a relief to end the year, they could easily go 10-0.

So C.C. "Cy Young" Sabathia had possibly his worst night of the season last night. How much do we think it will affect his Cy Young chances?

It'll put a damper on it, but you got to think that C.C. and David Price are the top two in the race. As much as I would love to see King Felix win it, I just don't think that all of those other stats that he leads in compare to one thing that does really matter: Wins. Yes, the M's just freaking stink... I said it. All of those stats are nice, but if you cannot win, then all of those gaudy stats really don't mean much.

You mean 50*.

YouAreSoDumb.gif

Remaining schedules

Rays

3- Seattle

3- Baltimore

4- @Kansas City

Yankees

like,

3- Boston

3- @Toronto

3- @Boston

I'm so stealing this .gif. will just got Antoine Dodsowned. I have to offer a slight defense though, the dude isn't stupid, just completely and totally bat:censored: crazy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Cy Young should go to Felix Hernandez, and after another dominant performance in Toronto yesterday, the race isn't even close.

Earned Run Average - A.L.
1. Felix Hernandez - 2.31
2. Clay Buchholz - 2.39
4. David Price - 2.84
8. CC Sabathia - 3.26

WHIP - A.L.
1. Cliff Lee - 1.02
2. Felix Hernandez - 1.06
12. CC Sabathia - 1.21
14. David Price - 1.22

Strikeouts - A.L.
1. Felix Hernandez - 227
2. Jered Weaver - 220
6. CC Sabathia - 189
10. David Price - 179
34. Clay Buchholz - 115

Innings Pitched - A.L.
1. Felix Hernandez - 241.2
2. CC Sabathia - 229.1
10. David Price - 199.2
34. Clay Buchholz - 165.2

Quality Starts - A.L.
1. Felix Hernandez - 29
2. CC Sabathia - 25
4. David Price - 24
21. Clay Buchholz - 18

Run Support Per Game (Least to Most) - A.L.
1. Felix Hernandez - 3.76
25. Clay Buchholz - 6.79
31. David Price - 7.12
35. CC Sabathia - 7.34

Bottom line, Felix is dominant in pretty much every significant category outside of wins. Want to make the argument that he doesn't pitch in any big games? He's 3-0 against the New York Yankees in 2010. No other pitcher can make that claim.

He's the clear Cy Young winner, and I challenge someone to make an argument against him that doesn't include "CC has 20 wins!!"

None of those stats mean anything, though, but fortunately for your case he leads in the one that's most telling of how good he's been... FIP. I'll give you something to consider, though... CC plays in the 2nd best hitters park in the MLB, King Felix plays in the 2nd best pitchers park in the MLB. And CC does in it the division that has the 2 best lineups in baseball (not counting the Yankees), and a very powerful lineup in Toronto.

IUe6Hvh.png

None of those stats mean anything, though, but fortunately for your case he leads in the one that's most telling of how good he's been... FIP. I'll give you something to consider, though... CC plays in the 2nd best hitters park in the MLB, King Felix plays in the 2nd best pitchers park in the MLB. And CC does in it the division that has the 2 best lineups in baseball (not counting the Yankees), and a very powerful lineup in Toronto.

So... Innings Pitches, Quality Starts, WHIP, Strikeouts and ERA don't mean anything?

How the hell do you usually rate a pitcher?

Archived