2010 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Not as if it ever really started. Guy's been a rumor for the better part of the last five or six years. So now maybe the Cubs will lose 88 games this year instead of 86. Big deal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he's okay as I don't want any player to get injured in any kind of way. But :woot: this'll help the Tigers a little more in the season ahead as they don't have to face Nathan. But I do think the Twins Bullpen will be okay as I do think Rauch will be a dark horse to take the Closer role while Nathan is out.

They'll just call up a farmhand to do exemplary fill-in work like they always do. You'll never salt the earth of the Minnesota Twins!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stephen Strasburg made his Nationals debut today surrendering only 2 hits in 2 IP. He also struck out Miguel Cabrera with a nasty curve to end his day. Can I get a Cy Young!? Just kidding...sort of :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I hope he's okay as I don't want any player to get injured in any kind of way. But :woot: this'll help the Tigers a little more in the season ahead as they don't have to face Nathan. But I do think the Twins Bullpen will be okay as I do think Rauch will be a dark horse to take the Closer role while Nathan is out.

They'll just call up a farmhand to do exemplary fill-in work like they always do. You'll never salt the earth of the Minnesota Twins!

Take this from a Nats fan, I'd rather have the fill-in as the closer instead of Jon Rauch. Unless he has been able to figure out his mechanics and has vastly improved in end game scenarios, then it's possible he could be a 30+ Saves Closer.

Nomar Garciaparra is expected to sign a one day contract, and retire a Boston Red Sox.

Red Sox fans (not all though) would still hate him if they never won the World Series.

Nomar Garciaparra is expected to sign a one day contract, and retire a Boston Red Sox.

To this day, I've never understood the purpose of a one-day contract. Unless you finish your career in their gear, who the hell cares?

6uXNWAo.png

And you thought I was crazy when I said 110 losses this team is :censored:ed up from the top on down and the longer they keep the idiots in charge the longer it will take to fix this giant mess. The bunch that runs the Mets could not organize a friggen one car funeral. And Funeral is what its going to be this season.

Beltran out

Reyes Out

Its the same unwatchable team they were last year. No hope, No Future.

I tell you what I am seriously thinking of sending a letter that if this team does not undergo a major face-lift (FIRE OMAR, Medical and Training Staff, Jerry Manuel, etc) or contend, (and believe me the contend ship has sunk, the Royals have a better chance at October then the Mets) by my birthday November 13th I will become a GOD DAMNED Yankees fan. I am FED UP of this garbage. This team just yesterday said Jose Reyes was fine, last year it was the same thing they said he will miss just a few games, he ended up missing the rest of the season. Same thing with Beltran, why didn't Beltran have his knee surgery in November? There were signs he needed it back in June, but the Mets kept said rest is rest it rest. Gee now they are saying Reyes only needs rest 2-8 weeks and he will be OK Mark my words the Mets won't see Jose Reyes on the field before the God Damned All-Star Game.

Its the dishonesty the lying and the damned disorganization that pisses me off the most. If the Mets had their :censored: together none of this would be happening. They hype up mediocre prospects and they aren't nuttin'. Could have had Roy Oswalt in 2006 for Lanstings Milledge, but Milledge was untouchable. No Milledge is gone traded for a horrible catcher and the dumbest baseball player ever, neither are currently on the Mets anymore thank god for that.

In 2006 they lied about Pedro's injury and according to Cliff Floyd who was also treated the same way they lied to the players. Its a giant cluster:censored: of epic proportions.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

But Tank, Minaya is doing a fine job at destroying another franchise. :)

You know what you just said something key. ANOTHER franchise.

What did he do with the Expos? I understand his hands were tied payroll wise, they are not tied with the Mets, but did he ever sign or draft any prospects worth anything? He should of at least had that team ready to contend when he left, instead it was a bigger mess after he left to run the Mets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

But Tank, Minaya is doing a fine job at destroying another franchise. :)

You know what you just said something key. ANOTHER franchise.

What did he do with the Expos? I understand his hands were tied payroll wise, they are not tied with the Mets, but did he ever sign or draft any prospects worth anything? He should of at least had that team ready to contend when he left, instead it was a bigger mess after he left to run the Mets.

Minaya traded away stars such as Grady Sizemore, Brandon Philips and Cliff Lee (all sent to Cleveland in the Bartolo Colon deal fleecing), Jason Bay, and Chris Young; as well as failing to re-sign Guerrero in 2003.

The more I look at this Reds team the more excited I get. The infield is the best I've seen since we had Barry Larkin, Pokey Reese, Aaron Boone, and Sean Casey. Now we've got Scott Rolen, Orlando Cabrera, Brandon Phillips, and Joey Votto. Ramon Hernandez is healthy at catcher, and the staff, the staff is the strongest I've ever seen in my Reds watching life. The only problem is that outfield and maybe the bullpen. Jay Bruce needs to have a big year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived